Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Countdown To 2015 General Elections: The Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countdown To 2015 General Elections: The Issues (1045 Views)

“the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders / 2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Countdown To 2015 General Elections: The Issues by chrisooblog: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Election season is upon us again and various candidates are getting ready to vie for different positions in multitude of political parties. From the House of Assembly seats, to Governorship and not forgetting the big one the Almighty Presidency many aspirants have started declaring interest in these offices drumming up support as they set up their campaign headquarters. in all this the most important component THE VOTER!(you and me) is not left out. unfortunately the accompaning rhetoric has not been about agenda setting or implementation of policies to solve the nation's many ills instead most of the discussion has been reduced to ethnic supremacy talk, religious domination, or ''this is the turn of my region'' demands. sadly nairaland with all its young, educative, intelligent and vibrant members are not excempt.

the aim of this thread is to change the narrative by focusing on the issues and just the ISSUES! the criteria for this is simple. list the problems or matters most important to you that require solving and let the various candidates give clear, logical, pragmatic and unambigious answers on how to solve them. not your usual election sloganeering eg. i will build roads, give you power, end world hunger, buy you boli etc but good realistic answers

now dont get it twisted i'm not naive to the fact that a vast majority of our voter population because of their limited educational backgrounds dont care about such 'niceties' but we us young educated nigeria cannot underestimate our influential power. we should not give up and give in to cynicism lets us be the change we desire. my hope is that at the end of this exercise we would have collated enough questions criss crossing all the importants matters regarding our dear nation so that the political candidates through their proxies on nairaland can address them so as to guide our voting choice.

let me get things started first for the presidential aspirants

1. POWER: how will you ensure that nigerians get constant and affordable electricity supply? will you use the current power structure to achieve your aims? if so how if not what will you do differently?

2. Economy: in what way (both policy and implementation) would you grow the economy while enforcing transperency? how will you diversify the economy to wean us of petroleum dependency?

3. SECURITY: how will you help us win this war on terror? plus how will you reform our security forces to ensure we have qualified personnel with update equipment who carry out their duties professionally?

that's me for now please drop your own questions. when the main candidates emerge a thread will be created for them to answer these and other questions. please keep it strictly issue based no attack on personalities or insults. you can also post questions to governorship and house of assembly candidates

Thank You! God bless Nigeria
Re: Countdown To 2015 General Elections: The Issues by agitator: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
What are the issues? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Countdown To 2015 General Elections: The Issues by Rawshal(m): 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Q1-UNITY:as d president,what's ur plan to bring abt unity among Nigerians?
Q2-GOOD VIEW:many foreigners see almost every nigerian as bad people.How do u want to change that?
Q3-EDUCATION:d current state of nigeria education is very bad.How do u want to revive n bring back d old glory of nigeria education?
Q4-GIANT OF AFRICA:its well know dat we are called giant of africa.Are we really giant of africa? How do u want to make us d dependable giant of africa?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Cannot Win 2015 Election --- Asaridokubo / Angry Mob Kill Men Who Acompany Suicide Bomber In Bauchi / Jonathan’s Visit: OAU Students Clash, Six Injured (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.