Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,023 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) (44162 Views)

What Do You Think About A Satellite Radio / Need Information About Starting A Satellite Paytv Like Dstv / Nigeria’s N40bn Satellite Missing From Orbit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by sambabois(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2007
Tobi, Kudos to your words, baby crawl before they walk!!! angry We Nigerians are the most blessed country. We have no earthquake or disasters to be warned of. If only the satellite can warn us against the mis management of our leaders, then I'll be in approval of it. undecided
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by cypriane: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2007
the present satellite in orbit for us is to watch alhaji yahaya plant his sorghum and sugar cane, to help papa tunde plant his tobacco and to tell Chief Mazi Okereke Onuikwu when it is time for him to start harvesting his cassava for akpu.
the nig-2 should be 1 when it comes and 1 the 2.
we do have reversal of objectives in this country.

Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by alabiyemmy(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2007
cyprian.e:

the present satellite in orbit for us is to watch alhaji yahaya plant his sorghum and sugar cane, to help papa tunde plant his tobacco and to tell Chief Mazi Okereke Onuikwu when it is time for him to start harvesting his cassava for akpu.
the Nigeria-2 should be 1 when it comes and 1 the 2.
we do have reversal of objectives in this country.

What would you have done if it was u?
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Horus(m): 5:04am On Apr 01, 2007
Nigeria plans 2009 satellite launch

Nigeria is gearing up for the launch of NIGERIASAT-2, an Earth-observation satellite that will form part of the Disaster Monitoring Constellation (DMC).

The DMC is a series of small, low-cost satellites, owned independently and run cooperatively by Algeria, China, Nigeria, Turkey and the UK. The satellites are arranged so they can photograph any place on Earth on any given day.

They are used to watch over disasters, such as the Asian Tsunami in 2004, and help coordinate relief efforts.

Hoping to expand their National Space Plan, Nigeria has announced that they will be working in conjunction with United Kingdom's Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) to put their second satellite into space.

NIGERIASAT-2 will orbit the earth and send down 32-meter high resolution imaging data that will be used in such applications as agriculture, mapping, water resource management, and disaster mitigation and management. The satellite will be the second satellite Nigeria will have sent up after their 2003 micro-satellite supplied by SSTL.

On top of the plans to build the new satellite, Nigerian engineers will apparently undergo training on the new design so that in the future, Nigeria can manufacture it's own.

Source: http://www.zimobserver.com/index.php?mod=article&cat=Technology&article=322

Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by alabiyemmy(m): 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2007
nice stuff.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by awoof(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2007
Nigerians do not fail to amuse me what is the fuss about Nigeria launching a satelite? we like to link any progressive thing done by the government to not providing electricity, food shelter, blah blah blah. we are doing it now they are complaining if we do not do it they will say see Algeria. see Brazil etc. that our electricity generation is still at this level is not the fault of only the present government and we can not sit down and wait while even less endowed nations pass us bye. if you want food on your table wise up if you do not have anything doing in Lagos, Abuja or any other urban centerer pack your damned bags and go back to your village you father's family land is wasting away go and farm it and stop blaming arguably most progressive regime Nigeria ever had for everything unimaginable under the sun.

@dblock and @alabiyemmi
thumbs up for your brilliant and patriotic posts on the topic, God bless.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Horus(m): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2007

Nigeria: Country to Send Astronaut to Space

(Lagos)

26 July 2007
Posted to the web 26 July 2007

Taye Obateru and Chris Ogbonna
Jos

Director General of National Space Research Development Agency (NASRDA) Professor Robert Borrofice has said[b] Nigeria will send it first astronaut to space[/b] by the year 2015 and launch an indigenous satellite from the country without foreign assistance by 2018.
He disclosed this at a public lecture on space technology development in Nigeria yesterday organised by the National Centre for Remote Sensing (NCRS), Jos.
Represented by a Director in the agency, Dr. Joseph Akinyede, he said the second Nigerian satellite (SAT II) with a higher resolution than the first one would be launched in 2009.
He said space technology development would help cushion the devastating effects of natural disasters and other man-made problems through early warnings before they occur.
He challenged Nigerians to take interest in space technology which he said had become a part of our existence in this era of globalization.
Delivering a lecture on the role of NCRS on Nigeria 's satellite technology, its Director, Prof. Jacob Olorunfemi said space technology had been used in the area of agriculture, telecommunication and water resources development as well and the management of disasters among others.
He said the centre was out to advance knowledge through the research and application of space technology in various aspects of human endeavour.
He believed that the problem of cyber crime and vandalizing of pipelines would be greatly reduced by the time the Nigeria Sat-II was launched in about two years from now.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200707260153.html
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by santony2k(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2007
I hope that plan is successful. Atleast we're making some progression in some areas. Better late than never.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by nazzyon(m): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
yeah right. Now that is the Nigeria I am hoping for.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by SmartK1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2007
On top of the plans to build the new satellite, Nigerian engineers will apparently undergo training on the new design so that in the future, Nigeria can manufacture it's own.

Just like Ajaokuta Steel Company (?). Nija, make una wake up: No Nigerian leader takes a decision because it favours the country. Try and find out about the whole contract and u would be surprised.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Sep 13, 2007
I don't know about you all. I mean sure advancement of any kind is a great idea but if you look at most all the countries that are actually doing well with space technology, they made sure to settle MOST of their needs here on earth before they decided to explore the benefits available out in space for their people. Now the list of benefits below look like a good deal,

[b]It can be used for the following purposes:[/b]To give advance warnings of natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and storms.
To avoid or manage occurence of man-made disasters like oil pollution, desertification, erosion, forest fire, and deforestation,
In agriculture, for mapping, land use planning, management of sustainable grazing, forest logging, planning afforestation programmes, crop inventory and yield forecast.
Water resources development and management, including assessment of the quantity and quality of surface and underground water, rainfall prediction, as well as integrated water resources management on drought and other disaster forecast.
Solid mineral exploration and exploitation, including general geological mapping and map update or revision, as well as differentiating host mineral areas in oil, gas and solid mineral exploration.
Ecosystem: Evaluation and monitoring of vegetation and land use as well as the aquatic system.
Local and regional planning for tourism and its potentials.
Demographic uses such as mapping and planning of population surveys, census enumeration areas, as well as mapping, planning and monitoring of rural and urban growth.
Mapping of state and international boundaries, planing and mapping of terrain traffic for defence and security purposes, as well as identification and neutralisation international criminals.
It would be used in public health delivery to establish the relationship between malaria vectors and the environment that breeds malaria, while its remote sensing technology can be used to give early warning signals on future outbreaks of meningitis.
To provide the technology needed to bring education to all parts of the country via distant learning.

BUT ,

Do you go out to buy a porsche when you do not even have a house or roof over your head? In all my years in lagos alone, I have never heard of tsunami trouble or even earthquake or any sort of disaster that owning a satelite alone could have averted. I mean I lived near bar beach for decades and not a single incident of such. Heck, Nigeria enjoys one of the most stable climates( If I can say so) when compared to other countries with satellites in space. Why exactly do we NEED a satellite/space program before 1) UNINTERRUPTED power supply 2) Good Water supply 3) Good (world class as in year 2000 level enjoyed in most of the developed world) education are all made available to the people It was launched in 2003, we are in closing of 2007, what have we actually gained in the past 4 years that would support our repeating this again in the next 2 years

, Layman trying to understand this one

koboJunkie
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by topeteadr(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2007
Person fit use that satelite make free call's or send free sms.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by topeteadr(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2007
They had better blow the satellite before one of those iran/iraq guys cracks it and use it to bomb usa then when usa sees it they retaliate on us and that i know would be much worse than any natural disaster.
And come to think of it why didn't they launch it in nigeria why in russia are you sure they are not renting it.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Sep 23, 2007
Good question. I suspect the country may be renting it. Come to think of it, we are weak and we are already having countries like china and russia helping us?? I smell something bad coming up in the future from these unions but I am praying nothing will happen, @Tope
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by nazzyon(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2007
Projects like are not a thing to joke with. Besides that mass in space (SAT 1)is not loaded with any weapon. So no harm can be done with the satellite for now.

It is meant for supplying information and communication.

The only satellite I am suspecting to be dangerous is the one I tapped from NASA's archive projects. It deals with solar power and it will be hackable though it is very secured.

The project is kinda scary though because they plan to use it to power the earth.

If the project is not handed to someone to handle how are we possibly going to learn how operate not to talk of constructing our satellite and launch here in Nigeria.

Most of the so-called qualifed personnel we have here in Nigeria can only deal with the theoretical aspect. To sight an example, I have studied almost every every book about planes and how to operate them but no practical experience. But that does not guarantee that I can fly one.

Most of these people @ NASDA are experienced but still have to learn to know how it works and how to take control.

It will take sometime before we will be able to handle that satellite perfectly.

Note: Even the US & Europe made an error back in either 2004 or 2005. They had a cable problem from two factories. The project was part of the Space Centre research lab. The lab was splitted into two halves: One part to be designed in the US and the other part in Europe.

Each sector believed they had completed their part not until they got to NASA then they found out that the cable used in the Europe factory won't fit into the plug designed by the US. They had to redesign a new plug to join the compartments.

I can still refer to some other problems
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by topeteadr(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2007
We don't need a satelite in nigeria the satelite can cause much probs.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by nazzyon(m): 2:21am On Sep 25, 2007
You are not the first person to say the statement? A whole lot of people has disagreed with the ideas of technology even before 15th century.

Come to think of it. Had it been that they listened to those people then will the people of our generation know about anything like a calculator not to talk of the computer which is now widely used by almost 70% of the people in the world?

I don't have much to say for now. J[b]ust ponder on it?[/b]
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Kobojunkie: 3:03am On Sep 25, 2007
nazzyon:

You are not the first person to say the statement? A whole lot of people has disagreed with the ideas of technology even before 15th century.

Come to think of it. Had it been that they listened to those people then will the people of our generation know about anything like a calculator not to talk of the computer which is now widely used by almost 70% of the people in the world?

I don't have much to say for now. J[b]ust ponder on it?[/b]

this is not even on the same level as that you put down there @nazzyon, this is about a country with more than 75% of it's people living poor and a country still ranked as one of the most underdeveloped nations in the world , considering progress made and percentage of people, deciding to spend billions on a satellite system.

The case of people being against technology was not like this at all, we are still battling corruption on a huge scale where billons are syphoned out of the country each year by corrupt leaders. I don't think this is the same thing at all nor does it come close.

Kobojunkie
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by nazzyon(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2007
Your words were right. But just imagine what communication as one section of the project is going to bring us.

It may sound like a stupid idea @ the moment because our economic state is very weak. But with the introduction of this we will be affected positively.

Job opportunities will be on the rise. Just in the line of geographical studies, hundreds of thousands will definitely gain employment.

A proverb in my language says "We must not be in a hurry to consume honey in the house of a bee". The problems we are facing here in Nigeria is that "Most people always goes through the same path in search the same type of resources".

Take the internet as an example, you can see how long it took to realise how vast it is. Even @ this present moment we still are using 25% of the purpose the internet serves.

We have to give new projects the chance to know, which form of comfort they will bring to us. Here is another example,  Internet service by Celtel and other providers, alot  of people were able to do lots of things while mobile with ease.

All we have to do is outline our plans against the projects, and execute them.

What I am driving at is simple, give this Satellite the chance and wait to see the improvement it will bring to our lives.

A friend of mine who is good in computer works became a computer engineer online. He solves peoples problem via series of softwares. He installs via these softwares without having to meet you. According to him, 2 months back he clocked 2.5 million naira at the age of 22

You can read about a close form of software he uses to execute his works on my mini blog:

http://nazzyon.

Search for CrossLoop

Don't worry I am not the one who designed it. So I am not trying to take your files.

Did you know that I was able to use WIFI to make VoIP calls with my mobile phone here in this Nigeria long before lots of people knew about it?
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by topeteadr(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2007
Well i am not critizing anybody but the reason why i dont support the idea of the satelite is because they didn't launch it in niperia and i don't know why they launched it in russia.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
nazzyon:

Your words were right. But just imagine what communication as one section of the project is going to bring us.

It may sound like a stupid idea @ the moment because our economic state is very weak. But with the introduction of this we will be affected positively.

Job opportunities will be on the rise. Just in the line of geographical studies, hundreds of thousands will definitely gain employment.

A proverb in my language says "We must not be in a hurry to consume honey in the house of a bee". The problems we are facing here in Nigeria is that "Most people always goes through the same path in search the same type of resources".

Take the internet as an example, you can see how long it took to realise how vast it is. Even @ this present moment we still are using 25% of the purpose the internet serves.

We have to give new projects the chance to know, which form of comfort they will bring to us. Here is another example, Internet service by Celtel and other providers, alot of people were able to do lots of things while mobile with ease.

All we have to do is outline our plans against the projects, and execute them.

What I am driving at is simple, give this Satellite the chance and wait to see the improvement it will bring to our lives.

A friend of mine who is good in computer works became a computer engineer online. He solves peoples problem via series of softwares. He installs via these softwares without having to meet you. According to him, 2 months back he clocked 2.5 million naira at the age of 22

You can read about a close form of software he uses to execute his works on my mini blog:

http://nazzyon.

Search for CrossLoop

Don't worry I am not the one who designed it. So I am not trying to take your files.

Did you know that I was able to use WIFI to make VoIP calls with my mobile phone here in this Nigeria long before lots of people knew about it?

You are still going off on a different tangent there @Nazzon, No one is saying getting a satellite is a bad idea , a satellite when in the RIGHT hands can do a lot of good,

We are speaking of in the hands of Nigerians who have bought so many similar toys in the past and dumped them , basically letting billions go to waste after the hype is over. You speak of the internet, I am not sure anyone ever said allowing individuals have internet access in Nigeria is or was ever a bad thing. We are in this case considering a nation that has not been able to manage it's public school system, a nation that is now asking private system to help it manage it's own public school system and bring AWOOF money to make it better, We are speaking of a Nation why bribery and corruption seems to be on the increase, we are speaking of a nation that has not been able to manage the many resources and power it has as a result of the resources. I can give you a long list of projects that this country in the past 10 years has embarked on and, not failed at, but basically ABANDONED. Projects that swallowed up billions of the people's own money, and then abandoned and billions in machinery let to decay in piles. Satellite technology is good. No doubt. But we are wanting to jump in on this at a time when we are supposed to mend other things. Note that the first Satellite was sent off FOUR years ago. How many jobs has it produced since then?? How many educational projects are out there now educating the youths on this technology and at least preparing them for a career in that area?? How many??

I love your proverb, But I think you made a mistake to post it in support of your talk there cause it actually says exactly what we are saying here,

"We must not be in a hurry to consume honey in the house of a bee". The problems we are facing here in Nigeria is that "Most people always goes through the same path in search the same type of resources".

If you look carefully, we are rushing off to consume honey in this satellite program without really considering what other basics we need to deal with FIRST and foremost. The Problem in Nigeria is we FAIL to see the Pattern in what we do. We have done exactly this same for years and years and years now. We jump to what is Hip without considering making sure we deal with the basics first to get to the same level where those who are reaping the benefits of these we see as hip had to go through. I can give you weird patterns I see, He does not havea job or a roof over his head but the man under the eko bridge feels he needs to have a cell phone. This is Nigeria's Problem. We need to learn from OUR PAST. THE PAST IS THERE FOR US TO LEARN FROM . Continuing in this Pattern has yet to lead us anywhere but down. We are no better than we were 10 years ago. Infact we still rank among the underdeveloped countries, if we have not fallen by now. http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/worldmap_HDI2004.htm

Do you All not see the Pattern's of the Past ?? I do hope this Hype does not fade soon cause we are looking at billions of dollars that have been put into this and I am waiting to see the benefits.

Signed

Kobojunkie

( Optimistic Realistic Nigerian) grin
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Horus(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2007
Nigerian Space Program Isn't a 419 Scam

Nigeria, a country whose best-known technological export is probably the flowery e-mail output of its "419 scam" artists, is ramping up a scrappy space program that's working wonders with a relatively small investment.
Robert Boroffice, leader of Nigeria's National Space Research and Development Agency, or NASRDA, looks to the sky to solve his country's earthly problems of hunger and disease. The country has launched satellites on the cheap to aid agricultural and medical initiatives and is seriously contemplating building an international spaceport.
These are just some of the grand plans kicking around in the mind of Boroffice. His defense to charges of misplaced priorities,wasting money on space technology when Nigeria faces so many other pressing problems,is as disarming as it is forward-thinking: Space is one of the smartest micro-investments a developing nation can make, he said.

Robert Boroffice, leader of Nigeria's NASRDA, sees endless opportunity in a burgeoning space program.

Boroffice, a former biology teacher who will address the PopTech conference Friday in Camden, Maine, must at times contend with the accusation that he is overseeing a gross mistake. (Wired News is covering the PopTech conference on the Underwire blog.)
Africa's most populous country, Nigeria is saddled with a sub-Saharan developing nation's standard-issue burdens: disease, poverty, corruption and malnutrition.
Boroffice thinks space technology is the key to addressing such woes relatively cheaply and efficiently. For example, NASRDA spent $13 million, less than 0.1 percent of the nation's budget, in the 2003 launch of NigeriaSat-1, an advanced imaging satellite that punches its weight with 1990s satellites in the $300 million class. NigeriaSat-1  the first satellite to provide close-up images of the after-effects of Hurricane Katrina helped sow the seeds of technological development in a nation that needs engineers, infrastructure and IT.
Today, Nigeria imports food for its booming population while Nigerian farmers' yields depend on seasonal variations in things like water availability and soil fertility. NigeriaSat-1 beams up-to-date agricultural data back to NASRDA mission control in Abuja every day, and Nigeria's space support program helps farmers make use of the information to make smart decisions, said Boroffice.
"There are seminars and workshops to teach farmers how to read (NigeriaSat-1) maps and how to identify areas where they can plant rice, when to plant and when to harvest and also to provide a system for monitoring the health of the rice (crop)," Boroffice said.
The challenge for NASRDA now, said Martin Sweeting of Surrey Satellite Technology, which built NigeriaSat-1, is reaching the point of self-sufficiency so Nigerian engineers can build, launch and operate satellites from within the country's borders.
Surrey Satellite, which also designed and built the successful imaging satellite's successor,NigeriaSat-2, which is set to launch next year is training some of Boroffice's top science staff.
With the successful launch earlier this year of Nigeria's first communications satellite, NigComSat-1, Boroffice wants to expand both the role of space technology in the country and the economic viability of NASRDA.
Telemedicine is now possible, Boroffice said, thanks to Nigeria's new bird in the sky.
"Most of our doctors don't want to go to rural areas," he said. "So we have created primary health-care centers, and we link them to two teaching hospitals. And these two hospitals, with videoconferencing, can provide high-quality medicine to these remote (areas)."
Boroffice also pines for the day when a Nigerian spaceport is inaugurated, enabling local launch of NASRDA spacecraft. (Previous craft have launched from Russia and China.) Nigeria's proximity to the equator means it has a natural aerospace resource many nations might want to buy into.
"Nigeria has a location that's ideal for launching satellites into geostationary and polar orbits," Sweeting said. "This is something that they could clearly exploit at any time."

Source: http://www.wired.com/science/space/news/2007/10/nigerian_space#
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Demsy(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2007
Tobi,

Could you please send the address of the site where you saw those images on the Nigeriasat-1?

my e-mail: adenekanademola2002@yahoo.ca
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by salmanq: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2007
Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
Wholesale Batteries
Something Directory
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by jeffm2009: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2009
I think it's really cool that Nigeria is launching a satellite. Whether or not it's a case of misplaced priorities is a highly debatable topic that I don't think will ever have a clear answer. There are a lot of arguments for both sides, so let's just hope that the people who think this will be beneficial in the long term are correct.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by DisGuy: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2009
where is it now?
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:26am On Sep 07, 2011
Horus:

Nigeria: Country to Send Astronaut to Space

(Lagos)

26 July 2007
Posted to the web 26 July 2007

Taye Obateru and Chris Ogbonna
Jos

Director General of National Space Research Development Agency (NASRDA) Professor Robert Borrofice has said[b] [size=15pt]Nigeria will send it first astronaut to space by the year 2015[/b] [/size]

Horus:

Nigerian Space Program Isn't a 419 Scam

Robert Boroffice, leader of Nigeria's NASRDA, sees endless opportunity in a burgeoning space program.

[size=15pt]Boroffice, a former biology teacher[/size] [/b]who will address the PopTech conference Friday in Camden, Maine, must at times contend with the accusation that he is overseeing a gross mistake. (Wired News is covering the PopTech conference on the Underwire blog.)
Africa's most populous country, Nigeria is saddled with a sub-Saharan developing nation's standard-issue burdens: disease, poverty, corruption and malnutrition.
[b][size=15pt]Boroffice thinks space technology is the key to addressing such woes relatively cheaply and efficiently[/size]
. For example, NASRDA spent $13 million, less than 0.1 percent of the nation's budget, in the 2003 launch of NigeriaSat-1, [size=15pt]an advanced imaging atellite that punches its weight with 1990s satellites [/size][/b]in the $300 million class. [b][size=15pt]NigeriaSat-1  the first satellite to provide close-up images of the after-effects of Hurricane Katrina[/size] helped sow the seeds of technological development in a nation that needs engineers, infrastructure and IT.

Everything I'm reading here has made me very skeptical and wondering whether this Dr. Boroffice (a biologist) isn't completely ignorant. How can Nigeria send an astronaut into space by 2015?

And why the heck is this thread in the TV/movies section? This forum is screwed up.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Bawss1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
PhysicsQED:

Everything I'm reading here has made me very skeptical and wondering whether this Dr. Boroffice (a biologist) isn't completely ignorant. How can Nigeria send an astronaut into space by 2015?

And why the heck is this thread in the TV/movies section? This forum is screwed up.

Was wondering the same thing too. NL is kinda like Nigeria when you look at it, not always following the rules.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by Horus(m): 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by farrukhnawaz: 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
I spelt the F word that way on purpose.Hey if you want a Satelite then fine have it.It ain't my money that is being wasted so what do i care.
Have a good one.
reword tool
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by MartinBic: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
The National Space Research Development Agency (NASRDA) has a web site www.nasrda.gov.ng with satellite photos of Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan taken by Nigeriasat1. The site seem down now but you can check it later.
Re: Nigeria has a Satellite in Orbit! (NigeriaSat-1) by ekoludek: 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
that's cool smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Special Effects Makeup Artist 'chops' Off Actor's Hands On Set (photos) / Moment Tuoyo Got Evicted From The BBNaija House (Photos, Video) / BBNaija: Adesua Etomi Needs 5 Minutes In The House With Khafi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.