Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead (1074 Views)

Stella Oduah Debunks Reports Of Supreme Court Sacking - Channels Television / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 26, 2014
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/148787-u-s-doubts-reports-of-boko-haram-leader-s-death

The United States voiced skepticism Thursday over reports from the Nigerian military that Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau had been killed in recent clashes with troops.

"The Nigerians have announced several times that the head of Boko Haram was dead and every single time we find out that it is not true," a senior State Department official told reporters.

"What I read recently is that Shekau's lookalike or some Shekau impostor was killed and then I read later that maybe Shekau himself was killed.

I don't put a lot of weight on those stories until we see more evidence," the official added, asking not to be identified.

The Nigerian defense ministry said on Wednesday that Shekau was dead and that one Bashir Mohammed, killed during recent clashes with troops, was a lookalike who had been impersonating him in videos.

The announcement was the first time that the military high command had said Shekau was dead, after refusing to confirm two previous claims from police and a regional task force in 2009 and 2013.But analysts also dismissed it as propaganda, and the State Department official highlighted that Boko Haram was still carrying out attacks.

The United States remains committed to trying to find some 200 school girls kidnapped by the militant group in April, but the official acknowledged it was "a huge challenge.""Many of them were taken into the forest and given the time that is passed it is possible that many of them have been taken to other locations," the official said.

Somebody died sha and the person is a boko haramite- That's what matters.
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by SpcAgtOko: 5:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Funnily enough, we Americans never got proof of Osama Bin Ladens death either. undecided

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by bennygreat1(m): 6:04am On Sep 26, 2014
Let them keep doubting!!!!
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 26, 2014
Ok
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by amAZEing: 6:08am On Sep 26, 2014
Story for the gods.
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by freshness2020: 6:16am On Sep 26, 2014
We don't need their opinion!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 26, 2014
The picture of the man does not look shekau to me

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by jacabi(m): 6:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Make US no put sand for our garri o! These people should just leave us alone if they cannot help us.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Bigcake: 6:31am On Sep 26, 2014
In that case Osama Bin Laden is not dead. The americans only played a fast one on the whole world because they have no better evidence. It took them about eleven years to kill Osama while it took The Nigerian Army only two years to kill a terrorist in the category of Osama. Have you seen where the ENVY crept in?

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by RockMaxi: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2014
"What I read recently is that Shekau's lookalike
or some Shekau impostor was killed and then I
read later that maybe Shekau himself was killed.
I don't put a lot of weight on those stories until
we see more evidence," the official added, asking
not to be identified.

You were not wrong on what you read, we all read it too and the whole script now looks like what happened to Osama Bin-Laden. How many times did America kill Osama? Funny enough not only did we as a nation supported you, we threw our whole weight behind you. angry We are waiting for you to resurrect the new Shekau. Wonder why his video is yet to surface. Bloody hypocrites. angry undecided

The United States remains committed to trying to
find some 200 school girls kidnapped by the
militant group in April, but the official
acknowledged it was "a huge challenge.""Many of
them were taken into the forest and given the
time that is passed it is possible that many of
them have been taken to other locations," the
official said.

Committed my foot.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2014
I knew the US will never be happy the way their minion she-cow and all his clones are being summarily dispatched by the Nigerian army to hell

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by lekkie073(m): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2014
OK.....me sef no believe say USA don't kill Osama ....QED cool

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by pussygotlips: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Bigcake: In that case Osama Bin Laden is not dead. The americans only played a fast one on the whole world because they have no better evidence. It took them about eleven years to kill Osama while it took The Nigerian Army only two years to kill a terrorist in the category of Osama. Have you seen where the ENVY crept in?
If osama was to be in US he would have been killed long time ago,you can't compare the two

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Bigcake: 8:28am On Sep 26, 2014
pussygotlips:
If osama was to be in US he would have been killed long time ago,you can't compare the two
And they told you Shekau was in Nigeria? Keep believing those pink skin americans who do not want anything good from Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by overhypedsteve(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Ipledge: The picture of the man does not look shekau to me
even your fathers picture wont look like your father to you so why should we trust your opinion, when even OBAMA didn't get to see the dead body of his middle Easter brother OSAMA

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: even your fathers picture wont look like your father to you so why should we trust your opinion, when even OBAMA didn't get to see the dead body of his middle Easter brother OSAMA
wtf, have I ever mention anybodies father? Are sure you have proper home training? I doubt

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by overhypedsteve(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Ipledge: wtf, have I ever mention antibodies father? Are sure you have proper home training? I doubt
i do?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: i do?
well its online forum where you dont see who you are chating with
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by brownlords: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2014
And who care what they want to believe? bloody hypocrites, they that claimed to have killed Osama, took the body and dump it in one sea but could not show it to the world. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by philantoxx(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2014
to the Americans anyfin not done by dem is a hoax

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by overhypedsteve(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2014
Ipledge: well its online forum who you dont see who you are chating with
its ok, what you said was very wrong illogical and unpatriotic, you don't just say things like that

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by amakufrancis(m): 11:03am On Sep 26, 2014
so Usa dnt welcome good news ba?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Segadem(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Ipledge: The picture of the man does not look shekau to me
So u know him to that extent?

I pocket my comment!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by lonelydora: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2014
We don't need them to believe. They should concentrate on ISIL.

"As elephant big reach, na so him head dey heavy am, as ant big reach na so him own head dey heavy am"

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 26, 2014
We don't care about what America thinks. Their opinion doesn't count. angry

1 Like

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2014
brownlords: And who care what they want to believe? bloody hypocrites, they that claimed to have killed Osama, took the body and dump it in one sea but could not show it to the world. Nonsense
Osama is alive.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2014
pussygotlips:
what made you so sure of that? Btw who told you Shekau was (is) in Nigeria? He could be in Chad,Niger republic or somewhere else.
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by IBOGIRL1: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2014
Knowing how loud mouthed d nigerian dss and security is at their achievements. Its rather suprising that dey are claiming to have killed shekau last year and that cameroun neva killd him. Y are we just hearing it naw?? Truth b told,na siddon dey look we dey for dis country. Tomoro anoda fake shekau will arise frm nowia again and nigeria wil claim to hav ended him last 2yrs. Story for d Gods.
Re: U.S. Doubts Reports Of Boko Haram Leader's Dead by pussygotlips: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nobleval: what made you so sure of that? Btw who told you Shekau was (is) in Nigeria? He could be in Chad,Niger republic or somewhere else.
if he wasn't in Nigeria then who is terrorising and capturing those communities??
Before our military use to say boko haram are using civilians as a shield to cover their weakness but now that they have moved to sambisa forest what happen
They started capturing towns and now that election is around the corner they started fooling us with lies

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor / Jesus Arrested In The U.S For Walking On Water (photos) / Abia 2015: Aba Traders Adopt Otti As Best Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.