Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! (881 Views)

Microbiologists; Career Advice / Career Advice For Women / Career Advice For Failed Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
i am 22 yrs now and i'm yet to gain admission(not cos of dull brains though). Presently, i repair generators though i am planning to start up a small scale crayfish business by january(buy in bulk and sell to resellers). My problem is this.....owing to the fact that if by God's grace i finally gain admission by next year or so, i would graduate around 27,28,29yrs, can i still make it at that age?....should i focus on building. on my present plan or focus on education......my major concern is the possibility of making it if i graduate at that late age
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by iamtheprincipal: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Cashio: i am 22 yrs now and i'm yet to gain admission(not cos of dull brains though). Presently, i repair generators though i am planning to start up a small scale crayfish business by january(buy in bulk and sell to resellers). My problem is this.....owing to the fact that if by God's grace i finally gain admission by next year or so, i would graduate around 27,28,29yrs, can i still make it at that age?

Nothing stops you from making at any age, myfriend. Just be committed to whatever you findeth your hand to do, both in your artisanship, studies, et al. Above all, look up to GOD for direction and never give up on yourself.
Shalom!
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
iamtheprincipal:

Nothing stops you from making at any age, myfriend. Just be committed to whatever you findeth your hand to do, both in your artisanship, studies, et al. Above all, look up to GOD for direction and never give up on yourself.
Shalom!
tnks
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by confidant: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Lets try and make it career please @ OP
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
confidant: Lets try and make it career please @ OP
done
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Cashio: i am 22 yrs now and i'm yet to gain admission(not cos of dull brains though). Presently, i repair generators though i am planning to start up a small scale crayfish business by january(buy in bulk and sell to resellers). My problem is this.....owing to the fact that if by God's grace i finally gain admission by next year or so, i would graduate around 27,28,29yrs, can i still make it at that age?....should i focus on building. on my present plan or focus on education......my major concern is the possibility of making it if i graduate at that late age
YOU COMMUNICATE WELL ... THIS IS KEY ALREADY. EDUCATION IS KEY NOT A UNIVERSITY DEGREE. Its a very competitive situation out there already .lots of young greduates with masters are even jobless. I guess whatever it is we want to engage in , all boils down to being successful.you got a techical skill already , like you said you repair generators. why don't you build on that knowledge. there are technical schools you can go to that will even get you a job faster than having a university degree.for example : graduates of maritime colleges dont go through the stress universities student go through. they are absorbed by some of these companies. I LL ADVICE YOU FIND AN INSTITUTION THAT CAN BUILD ON YOUR ALREADY GAINED EXPERTISE.... NOT NECESSARILY A UNIVERISTY DEGREE. WHERE IN NAIJA ARE YOU ?
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Cashio: not a joke bro

.as u correct am now u don die?

Neways my advice be say.its neva too late to make it in life by 29,remember its not how u start the race but how u end it
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Cashio: i am 22 yrs now and i'm yet to gain admission(not cos of dull brains though). Presently, i repair generators though i am planning to start up a small scale crayfish business by january(buy in bulk and sell to resellers). My problem is this.....owing to the fact that if by God's grace i finally gain admission by next year or so, i would graduate around 27,28,29yrs, can i still make it at that age?....should i focus on building. on my present plan or focus on education......my major concern is the possibility of making it if i graduate at that late age
There is no age too much for making it as a graduate e.g Public sector does not have age restriction and those institutions are one of the highest employer of labour in Nigeria and there are many other private sectors without age restriction even you can cheat those with age restriction .... All that is necessary is ''You must be MARKETABLE/EMPLOYABLE'' !!

If you wanto go International/Multi-National .... Just crown your Bachelor with Masters ..... Shikena ..... You have cheated age forever !!

Anyway sha, which course ?
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: YOU COMMUNICATE WELL ... THIS IS KEY ALREADY. EDUCATION IS KEY NOT A UNIVERSITY DEGREE. Its a very competitive situation out there already .lots of young greduates with masters are even jobless. I guess whatever it is we want to engage in , all boils down to being successful.you got a techical skill already , like you said you repair generators. why don't you build on that knowledge. there are technical schools you can go to that will even get you a job faster than having a university degree.for example : graduates of maritime colleges dont go through the stress universities student go through. they are absorbed by some of these companies. I LL ADVICE YOU FIND AN INSTITUTION THAT CAN BUILD ON YOUR ALREADY GAINED EXPERTISE.... NOT NECESSARILY A UNIVERISTY DEGREE. WHERE IN NAIJA ARE YOU ?
i am in kaduna now...but will go back home(imo) for the business i mentioned after xmas
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2014
donroxy: There is no age too much for making it as a graduate e.g Public sector does not have age restriction and those institutions are one of the highest employer of labour in Nigeria and there are many other private sectors without age restriction even you can cheat those with age restriction .... All that is necessary is ''You must be MARKETABLE/EMPLOYABLE'' !!

If you wanto go International/Multi-National .... Just crown your Bachelor with Masters ..... Shikena ..... You have cheated age forever !!

Anyway sha, which course ?
mechanical engineering
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2014
tnks all for de advice....if u still have more pls kindly drop
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by CrazyMan(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2014
Too be honest I'm impressed by your zeal to excel in life.

You have a hand work (generator repairs) that's great.
You're also planing to start a crayfish business...excellent.

In my opinion, I would suggest you go for a part-time course. (Most universities don't indicate regular or part-time on the certificate they issue) In this way, you can maintain your business, and still educate yourself.

Good luck.
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2014
CrazyMan:
Too be honest I'm impressed by your zeal to excel in life.

You have a hand work (generator repairs) that's great.
You're also planing to start a crayfish business...excellent.

In my opinion, I would suggest you go for part-time. (Most universities don't indicate regular or part-time on the certificate they issue) In this way, you can maintain your business, and still educate yourself.

Good luck.
tnks bro...buh part time would cost much
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by CrazyMan(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2014
Cashio: tnks bro...buh part time would cost much
True but you would have enough time to manage your business.

Unless you've found a way to be a full time student, have time to attend lectures, manage your business and still maintain your grades, I would still suggest that you pick a part time form.
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2014
CrazyMan:
True but you would have enough time to manage your business.

Unless you've found a way to be a full time student, have time to attend lectures, manage your business and still maintain your grades, I would still suggest that you pick a part time form.
well it's not as though am totally alone. i have parents and brothers who will definately help out. just that i want to be a bit independent....if i get the school, i will have to forgo the business(at least while i'm in skul). my major concern still is whether one can still make it after finishing late
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2014
Cashio: mechanical engineering
wow, you better start studying it already .... Age is not a barrier in this course !!
Re: Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! by Cashio(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2014
donroxy: wow, you better start studying it already .... Age is not a barrier in this course !!
..well i will try nxt yr

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will Bankers Loose Jobs for Treasury Single Account? / 5 Best Jobs For Travel Lovers / No Competition In Destiny.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.