Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here - Education (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here (148782 Views)

OAU 2014/2015 Jupeb Programme Aspirant Let's Meet Here. / OAU 2014 Post UTME: 7,779 Candidates Scored Above 200 / Oau 2014/2015 Post Utme Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by dejii01(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2014
haydot95:
But the guy don spoil mic sha

embarassed
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:
If you are just joinin us, the programme is Testimony Time by TimmyTimmy. We wouldn't want you to miss a single Testimony cos they are all source of encouragement and lesson to others. We shall now give extracts from each Testimony. Relax and enjoy the show.

TimmyTimmy settled for something quite different from his passion(writing) with little or no parent's influence and challenges.

Uumm's initial desire was to be a Med doctor. He was later devastated after failing to gain admission to study medicine. There was parent's influence. But he's in for his initial desire.

Chamaka01's first aim was to be a lawyer. Dad's decision was medicine but she was terrible in science subjects ; lost interest in biology. She's now in for medicine which is different from first aim and future target.

Stay tuned we'll be right back.

Welcome back. The programme is still Testimony Time by TimmyTimmy. I'm Jwills your anchor this morning.
Oh my gosh! Different factors affecting our decision. I hope someone is getting some sort of encouragement. Yeah yeah! Let's keep it rolling.

Oh bless me! Babysmart wanted to be a doctor from the start. Faced with phobia for blood and hatred for physics, she moved to arts. Guided by Mum's advice, she went for law (change of direction) which is different from the initial passion and present passion (cookery).

Haydot95. I think using the physics term "scalar quantity" to describe you is acceptable. He wanted to be everything possible. Too much interest and full of skills. Art works his favorite. Later narrowed down to law but now in for Philosophy. Yet he lover Black and White things though he was silent with regards to parent's influence during his testimony. But he's yet to decide his path.

Davidmascot faced a serious early challenge of having no guide toward what to become. *this is serious, oh bless me!* He wanted to be everything just like Haydot95, but without a guide. In his testimony he didn't mention parent's influence so it could imply he was alone in choice making. Wrote jamb four times, having law in mind but now settled for English. My guy you try.

*THIS PROGRAMME IS BECOMING INTERESTING. SOME ARE PRIVILEGED TO HAVE PARENTS WHO WOULD WANT TO HELP THEIR CHILDREN MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. TO SOME THEIR PARENTS ARE REDIRECTING THEM FROM THEIR PASSION. BUT I'M YET TO HEAR THE TESTIMONY OF THOSE THAT HAVE EDUCATED PARENTS BUT THEY WERE NEVER GUIDED BY THEIR LEARNED PARENTS* The Programme continues after this timeout. Keep it lock. I'm Jwills.

1 Like

Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by dora7891(f): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2014
superT14:
Dat tin bores me 2 death....netwrk news
I agree, especially wen they talkin rubbish on nta like wat is my business on the different ways of making a basket, and wen dey repeat the news, either way ive given up on TV all 2geda.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Lol,guess johnwills z right,my dad actually wanted me to be an ophthalmologist...cos he felt my eye problem z gonna be a motivation for me to wanna help others thru that,but...old man was wrnggrin
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by superT14: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2014
dejii01:
Recently, I started having a thing for lawyers. Thanks to Suits and Scandal, anyone who watches either of them would understand.

I now nominate superT14 and tayor399.
hmmm I guess its tym 2 collect d mic 4rm mah blood bro...chill deji u wil kw wat I mean in a yle
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by moyes5757(m): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2014
dejii01:
Recently, I started having a thing for lawyers. Thanks to Suits and Scandal, anyone who watches either of them would understand.
I now nominate superT14 and tayor399.
I'm a lover of chemistry nd maths but anytym I watch suits I jst want 2 b a lawyer
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:

Welcome back. The programme is still Testimony Time by TimmyTimmy. I'm Jwills your anchor this morning.
Oh my gosh! Different factors affecting our decision. I hope someone is getting some sort of encouragement. Yeah yeah! Let's keep it rolling.

Oh bless me! Babysmart wanted to be a doctor from the start. Faced with phobia for blood and hatred for physics, she moved to arts. Guided by Mum's advice, she went for law (change of direction) which is different from the initial passion and present passion (cookery).

Haydot95. I think using the physics term "scalar quantity" to describe you is acceptable. He wanted to be everything possible. Too much interest and full of skills. Art works his favorite. Later narrowed down to law but now in for Philosophy. Yet he lover Black and White things though he was silent with regards to parent's influence during his testimony. But he's yet to decide his path.

Davidmascot faced a serious early challenge of having no guide toward what to become. *this is serious, oh bless me!* He wanted to be everything just like Haydot95, but without a guide. In his testimony he didn't mention parent's influence so it could imply he was alone in choice making. Wrote jamb four times, having law in mind but now settled for English. My guy you try.

*THIS PROGRAMME IS BECOMING INTERESTING. SOME ARE PRIVILEGED TO HAVE PARENTS WHO WOULD WANT TO HELP THEIR CHILDREN MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. TO SOME THEIR PARENTS ARE REDIRECTING THEM FROM THEIR PASSION. BUT I'M YET TO HEAR THE TESTIMONY OF THOSE THAT HAVE EDUCATED PARENTS BUT THEY WERE NEVER GUIDED BY THEIR LEARNED PARENTS* The Programme continues after this timeout. Keep it lock. I'm Jwills.

Welcome back. Its still Testimony Time by TimmyTimmy.

The longest testimony so far could be that of dora7891. She wanted to be a footballer or a runner. Mum's influence was visible in the first stage of her decision. She faced the challenge of change of environment. But later readapted to our system of edu. Daddy's influence came up-pointing towards medicine and engineering. But today, she's in for nursing which is different from her initial and final desire. Music things! I de your back my sis.

Understatement. This is one guy I wouldn't know what to extract from his testimony cos we share similar storyline. Mine could be worse that yours. But I thank God you are in for something good.

Rachie97's first desire was mass communication. Newscasting! Challenged by sciences, he moved to arts. No parental influence was mentioned and there was nobody to advice him. Went for NCE after failing to gain admission. But now he's in for English yet having a strong passion for Fashion Design- which is distinct from Newscasting.

DrNoimat0 planned to go for law. But was lucky to recieve advice from uncle to change to science. Phy and Chem were difficult then. But finally he's in something different from what he used to think's okay for him.

Dammytrager's first choice was engineering though the idea was inconsistent. Pushed to arts by older siblings but he returned for what he's passion for.

Just like TimmyTimmy our main man, Dejii01 loved electronics and technology in his early years. So he wanted to be an engineer. Mum's influence would have redirected him. But now he's in for engineering, yet having an eye for law.

1 Like

Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2014
haydot95:
Lol,guess johnwills z right,my dad actually wanted me to be an ophthalmologist...cos he felt my eye problem z gonna be a motivation for me to wanna help others thru that,but...old man was wrnggrin
Its not an eye problem, its just a challenge bro. It will correct. I love versatile individuals. Keep doing your work bro.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:

Its not an eye problem, its just a challenge bro. It will correct. I love versatile individuals. Keep doing your work bro.
lol,correct? Well,miracles do happen
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Babafaros(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2014
I dey gbadun this Programme oo,Kudos to Johnwills & everybdy out there
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Babafaros:
I dey gbadun this Programme oo,Kudos to Johnwills
standing on the existing protocols, I humbly redirect this "KUDOS" to TimmyTimmy the initiator of this programme. I'm just an analyst. Prepare your testimony bro.

1 Like

Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by superT14: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2014
***clear throat*** Gud morin profs and scholars in d ouse, let me start by appreciating Timmytimmy 4 diz 1daful idea and my shout out goes 2 u all for ur contributions so far, likewise I wil lyk 2 appreciate my blood bro@ deji01 4 nominating me.

As a kid I grew up with d mentality of being a doctor maybe because of dere high respect in d society or probably because it is one of d best professions cos I always want 2 be d best.

Unfortunately for me, my 1st ssce (2009) was a total disaster (7F9's, 1 E8 and D7)....well u may be tinkin I was a dullard den but dat wasn't d case, cos I was surprised as well being one of d best in my sch den.
well dat begins my predicaments, in short, I sat down 4 o'levels 7times (Gce's included) and I made it wit som B's and C's in d 6th exam....doh dos periods were tough 4 me and I always qst God "Why always me?" but I still bliv firmly in myself dat am not a failure and I nvr giv up till I made it, luckily 4 me, along d line I was employed in a big IT firm which deals with software development(jz as a data entry clerk cos am quite handy with computers). Dat was whr and wen my lov 4 medicine started deteriorating and my luv 4 computer grew day by day as I got 2 know dere are more 2 system dan wat mere users sees....well ppu around me start commending me as tyms goes on cos within a short period of tym hav started doin real stuffs wit d system lyk designin website and developing softwares as well.....in short I bliv firmly dat comp is my tin and I want 2 b a professional so as to unite my world and makes comp more easier, friendly, fun and flexible for all users and perhaps mak Nigeria connected across d glope...so I decided I am goin 2 study comp sci in one of d best university (ppu laf@ me doh cos of my failures and weneva I mention oau, dos dat kw oau well laf d more...saying oau aiint meant 4 my type, it z 4 d genius ).....well dere words didn't move me@ all and I bcam more optimistic blivin insyd of me dat I am a genius......To cut d story short, I did jamb twice b4 enrolling 4 oaupd and here I am today, to d glory of God, a comp scientist 2 be....To som1 out dere reading diz, no matter aw big ur troubles or challenges may be, NEVER GIVE UP AND KEEP BLIVIN IN URSELF AND GOD...Drops d mic...lukin 4 who 2 nominate Nxt.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2014
wow... amazing stories debbychi, understatement, dora, and every other person that shared.. you think you know someone and then you find out they love cooking.. amazing
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by davidmascot(m): 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
I can now see why OAU will continue to be the best.
This is the best of all admission threads,its not about having hundreds of pages.
Let us continue to set the pace for others
Greatest gbagba! I rep Oba Awon Uni.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Funny and inspiring stories. Who's next?
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by dejii01(m): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
moyes5757:
I'm a lover of chemistry nd maths but anytym I watch suits I jst want 2 b a lawyer

You know this!

superT14:
hmmm I guess its tym 2 collect d mic 4rm mah blood bro...chill deji u wil kw wat I mean in a yle

An inspiring story you've got there bro.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by OAUTemitayo: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
My own story is quite funny and somehow sad.
I finished my SSCE in 2004.
Coming from a broken home, i went through hell before i could even have my O-Levels as there was practically nobody to assist me financially apart from my mother.
My father who was already married to another person practically abandon us.
However, i was determined to get the best of education.
I started working as a sales boy with a company that sells Tiles.
I am the first born so there was a load of responsibilities on me.
In 2006 i sat for GCE (Had Pass in Maths in my first SSCE exams in 2004), when the result came out i made all my papers.
I did not know this was the beginning of my lamentation.
Armed with my O-Levels, i proceeded to work as a library assistant in a secondary school where i was being paid N9,000 as at 2008.
In 2009, my junior brother gained admission to UNILORIN, i have to take a loan before we can meet up with his school fees as there was no help forthcoming from my father.
In 2011, i sat for JAMB and scored 306 aspiring to study International Relations at LASU.
I chose LASU because of their (then) affordable tuition fees.
To my utter amazement, Fashola increased the school fees from N25,000 to N200,000 angry angry
There was no way i could make it.
My mother cannot a ford such a whooping amount neither my savings of just N80,000.
SO i gave up.
In 2013 i registered late for the JAMB exams and was forced to choose FUTMINNA as my exam center. ( I choose UI as my School of choice)
Three days to the exam, i still don't have transport fees to take me to Mina.. My mother eventually borrowed Five thousand naira from somebody.
I actually left Abeokuta a day to the exam but it was already evening before i could arrive in Ilorin, so i decided to sleep over in Ilorin with my junior brother who was already in 400 level.
The following morning, i woke up very early and head towards Minna.
I arrive 2 hours late into the exam.
Wrote the exam and scored just 192 (UI cut off was 200).
So i lost that chance again.
This year i registered for JAMB and choose OAU to study Public Administration.
I wrote JAMB and scored 228.
Disappointed that the score was low considering the competition for OAU, i reluctantly bought the post UTME form and sat for the exam.
I read very well in advance to the exam, so when i sat for the exam, i was so confident of making it when i saw the questions.
I marked my questions my self repeatedly several times and was sure of making it.
The confidence grew to the level that i did not even checked my POST UTME result.
When the merit list came out, it was here on nairaland that i posted my JAMB registration number and somebody here checked on my behalf and i was admitted.
I am very grateful to God.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by superT14: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
I nominate babafaros after tayor399
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by dejii01(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hard work and determination really pays.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by superT14: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
dejii01:
Hard work and determination really pays.
nah so bro
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
*intro music* Good day my people out there. Your one and only "OAU FRESH 14" programme is here again. True life story that touches the heart. "ALL KUDOS TO TimmyTimmy"
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:
*intro music* Good day my people out there. Your one and only "OAU FRESH 14" programme is here again. True life story that touches the heart. "ALL KUDOS TO TimmyTimmy"
SuperT, can you handl story extraction? Cos I wanna go on leave and then prepare my testimony.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Babafaros(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tayor399,where are thou??
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Timmytimmy: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
OMG...... cry I really don't know what to say, you've said it all.
First of all.....I never expected this idea to become realistic, people usually don't give out such private information hence a big thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far. Your reward isn't just in heaven,I believe it's here.

Reading some stories here actually made me emotionally shaken.It made me realise that even though WE are all different and we might not all be geniuses or not come from very dream inspiring backgrounds, God made sure everyone has a passion and a dream; a gateway to purpose.

Johnwills has already helped in giving a breakdown of everyone's story, thanks to him so I'll just say a few things more.I was talking to my bro this morning and he said something about most young people in Africa being "societal robots". We can be more, we can be bigger than we think.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has shared, even though I've not met most people here in person,I feel like I understand them more and I've been deeeeeeeeeply inspired.

Love the stories, please let's keep 'em coming....also, if anyone here has an inspirational story perhaps the story of Steve Jobs....fuel us! grin
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by superT14: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:

SuperT, can you handl story extraction? Cos I wanna go on leave and then prepare my testimony.
who am I not 2 obey my boss@ d top....bur ah beg no tey 4 d leave oo cos ur peeps dey xpect ur testimony asap
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by babysmart(f): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
uumm:
wow... amazing stories debbychi, understatement, dora, and every other person that shared.. you think you know someone and then you find out they love cooking.. amazing
u think u knw somone...nd den u find out dey wanted to bcom rock stars smiley
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by babysmart(f): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
johnwills I really luv wat u re doin...pls keep it up smiley
nd @Timmy great idea...u got dis thread rolling smiley

1 Like

Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
Timmytimmy:
OMG...... cry I really don't know what to say, you've said it all.
First of all.....I never expected this idea to become realistic, people usually don't give out such private information hence a big thanks to everyone that has contributed thus far. Your reward isn't just in heaven,I believe it's here.

Reading some stories here actually made me emotionally shaken.It made me realise that even though WE are all different and we might not all be geniuses or not come from very dream inspiring backgrounds, God made sure everyone has a passion and a dream; a gateway to purpose.

Johnwills has already helped in giving a breakdown of everyone's story, thanks to him so I'll just say a few things more.I was talking to my bro this morning and he said something about most young people in Africa being "societal robots". We can be more, we can be bigger than we think.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has shared, even though I've not met most people here in person,I feel like I understand them more and I've been deeeeeeeeeply inspired.

Love the stories, please let's keep 'em coming....also, if anyone here has an inspirational story perhaps the story of Steve Jobs....fuel us! grin
What is societal robot?
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
superT14:
who am I not 2 obey my boss@ d top....bur ah beg no tey 4 d leave oo cos ur peeps dey xpect ur testimony asap
I'm on it. I'll soon be back.
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Different strokes for different folks...inspiring stories so far,mhen,I just love you guys...#no homo
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Timmytimmy: 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
Johnwills:
What is societal robot?

Lemme describe using an analogy.If you were to ask an average American student to mention all the presidents of America and tell you about their lives....you'd be shocked to hear very inspiring stories, stories of men like Benjamin Franklin, great thinkers.
How many of us want to be like Ex-president Obasanjo? how many of us know the biography of Abacha?......we don't and we are right not to because these men didn't care about posterity, they didn't care about changing Africa.Sad news is that 98 percent of young people in Nigeria are walking in the footsteps of these older role models we have living around us.Like robots, we dream of going to school and living lives of comfort and that's all we dream of. We are too scared to dream , like everyone around has accepted the status quo, we just want to act out the script society has written for us.

Think about it.... embarassed
Re: OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here by Johnwills(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
superT14:

SuperT14. ORDER from above says that an analyst or a moderator shouldn't extract his/her story. So let me do yours and you'll do mine when I post it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (105) (Reply)

Jambite, Let's Help Check Your Result / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume / 2017/2018 Lasu Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.