Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

How To Enjoy Your Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Enjoy Your Bible (525 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Your Bible by chinoify: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2014
Today, as we continue in our series on ‘how to really improve our Bible reading’ we will study point 2 & 3, ….
Do you know why so many prophets, prophetesses, prayer contractors play with our heads? It’s because we don’t have time to study the Bible….. How can you pay someone to pray for you
That why you hear always, there is one woman (women sorry, cos you are always the victims. They know in every home, you must have a woman or sometimes they say one uncle.)
She is short tall. Black fair, thin fat…… as you are still thinking about the woman or uncle you don’t greet or fight with always… he will say orombo rombo… the person will shout, man of God tell me more…… read the Bible… nobody will play with you
2. Voluminous nature of the bible: as we all know, there are 66 books, 1189 chapters and 31,102 verses in the bible. The big question is how to break it down for easy reading?
If you can’t lay your hands on some devotionals that have year round reading guide, depending on how much time you want to give, you can start by reading two (2) chapters per day starting from the New Testament. You can select any book you wish to start with, I will advise you start with Mathew; you don’t need to study the genealogy, just start from the birth of Jesus which is in Verse 18.
As you grow, you begin to add more chapters and also increase your study time.
3. Difficult words, names of persons and places: thank God we have internet enabled phones, always use your phones to search out those words and names.
You can also use you normal English dictionary.
Some bibles have atlas behind, you can check to have a better picture. For example you have to understand first and foremost that, when you see ‘the Israelites’ its talking about the children of Jacobs living both in Jerusalem and Judea. These are two different major cities where they lived. (I don’t really want to go details) you also use your phones to look out for words like, scribes, Pharisees, Sadducees, Sanhedrin etc. when you find out new things for yourself, it makes Bible reading more interesting.
Because tomorrow is Sunday I don’t think I will post, so we continue on Monday… please don’t miss out…. I believe God that at the end of this… mehn! you will love reading and start enjoying the Bible…
God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ, A Revelation? / Meet Spiritual Man Marcelo / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/10/14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.