Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps (37975 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Drags Buhari To Court! / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / Akin Alabi Joins Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Sarimah(f): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
It is wa.. undecided
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
They chose music and arts and excelled in it...your so called politicians havent excelled in anything good in their entire lives..
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by bebe2(f): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
What a joke!

So all celebrity now heading to politics.

What has this man done for this country since he has been in the public eye?

Now e wan come chop money.
Gd luck to him,

National cake, its free for all

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Janetozi(f): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
He doesn't know exactly what he want, i thought that he is also a pastor apart from being an actor & a producer. Now politics.

He is confuse.

I smell disappointment @ the end
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by handie(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
check out this new and exciting crime and hair raising story that's developing on the literature segment named THE ADJACENT... Read and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/1907590/
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: AIT kwa? in UK shocked tell me something.
mumu ait don dey uk tey tey wetin u sabi
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by chimerase2: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Dos days of living in bondage grin
Ije kpons grin
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
dhammyg: SO ACTING DOSEN'T PAY ANYMORE

MOST OF THIS CELEBRITIES WILL LOSE IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONScheesy DO THEY THINK BEING A KNOWN FACE MAKES THEM QUALIFIED TO BE A POLITICIANundecided
Are most Nigerian politicians qualified to be politicians?

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Abeg make Una vote me I'm a graduate of accounting with 2.1 I never get job
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by enomakos(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
[quote
author=APContherun]
I have actually interacted with Mr Ibu severally and he's more
intelligent than he presents himself in movies. Those clowns, comedians
and jokers are only acting out a part, in real life majority of them are
more intelligent than you know.[/quote]

seconded
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Janetozi(f): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist: Worry not my Country People. Everything is gon be taking shape after 2015 Election. Everyone will stick to his/her Profession.

"The Change" is gon' make Politics less Attractive.
and this is coming from a "RAPIST"
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Chinaimporter: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
[size=18pt]PLS HELP ME WITH THIS POST OR PLEASE MOVE IT TO THE FRONTPAGE FOR EASIER ACCESS TO PEOPLE WITH IDEAS[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1922427/general-transcriptional-factor-tgiia-stimulate
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Toks2008(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
lilprinze: Musicians, actors and actresses are now abandoning, their career and their talents just to Join politics and taste the National cake they think been a celebrity would make people vote for them .

Politics just like acting or singing is also a career.

As long as they do what is right,no problem. The monatary renumeration may also be one of the reasons they are moving into politics but just like every other career where money is a motivating factor,we may not use it as a yardstick for prejudice.

As long as they perform well and i believe they will judging from how serious they took their profession as artistes.

Arnold did it in the states so i believe it cant be a different story here.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by ahnie: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
your moniker tho.[quote
author=Rapist]Worry not my Country People. Everything is gon be taking
shape after 2015 Election. Everyone will stick to his/her Profession.

"The Change" is gon' make Politics less Attractive.[/quote]
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Toks2008(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]PLS HELP ME WITH THIS POST OR PLEASE MOVE IT TO THE FRONTPAGE FOR EASIER ACCESS TO PEOPLE WITH IDEAS[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1922427/general-transcriptional-factor-tgiia-stimulate

In as much as i love Seun and Nairaland,i have come to realize that the issue of moving threads to front page has to do more with favouritism rather than how important the content of your thread is and this has to do with the mods.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by RebelLeader15(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
And the likes of TERRY G will be like: I am contesting under the Umbrella of PDP as the Chairman of Iju-ishaga LGA Lagos state.

Mama Piss will flag oFf the campaign
Terry G Umblala
PDP. Umblala
My fellow Widows Umblala
Our Manhoods Umblala
Everything Umblala
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by IYANGBALI: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
That man mouth wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidee nobe small,we call him elastic in my family
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Toks2008(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
bebe2: What a joke!

So all celebrity now heading to politics.

What has this man done for this country since he has been in the public eye?

Now e wan come chop money.
Gd luck to him,

National cake, its free for all
This is why if i ever join politics,i would rather prefer to work my way up by setting standards that people can always make refrence to.

I really dont like the bull dozzer factor of these celebrities but Nugeria will always be Nigeria where elephants can fly.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by IYANGBALI: 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Janetozi: He doesn't know exactly what he want, i thought that he is also a pastor apart from being an actor & a producer. Now politics.

He is confuse.

I smell disappointment @ the end
yo be winsh abi na which one be your own?
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Fxwarrior: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
dhammyg: SO ACTING DOSEN'T PAY ANYMORE

MOST OF THIS CELEBRITIES WILL LOSE IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONScheesy DO THEY THINK BEING A KNOWN FACE MAKES THEM QUALIFIED TO BE A POLITICIANundecided

That means you are a novice in politics then. By mere being in PdP gives him 80% chances of winning it not to talk of being a known and respected figure.

Anyday Nwankwo Kanu ever declares for presidency or senatorial position. He will send jitters down his opponents.
Arnold Schwarzennegger became governor of California majorly because of popularity.

It pays to be popular in politics.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by arvinsloane(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
I wish him well
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by sauceEEP(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Their future as entertainers is uncertain that explains why they are all rushing into politics.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
igbsam: Why all of them dey join politics na. There was a time all of them join music and each of them started releasing one whack track to another. From JIm Iyke, to Genieve, to Omotola, to Desmond Elliot down to Nkem Owoh, to Mr. Ibu to Tonto Dikeh, to mention a few. Now na politics be the next thing. What are they looking for ? They should all join bricklaying then.

And so wack were those tracks.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by bajito: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
Any Nigerian whose political ambition is within the dictates of our national constitution is qualified to vote and be voted for. The steps taken by these entertainers to join politics should be encouraged. It happens all around the world and they perform excellently. In this Nigeria's case,these are well known names and like my people would say: They are like needles with threads attached to them. They will either make their mark and make ways for others in their categories or close future doors for others through their performances. If we are not ready to try out other hands, it will remain 'business as usual' for our present politicians. As regards whether they are going there for their pockets alone, none of us is sure of that. We mustn't pretend we don't need change of hands in the running of our affairs in this country. Whoever has the courage, let him try.Give a mad man a hoe and he knows he is to hoe towards himself. What we need is performance. Even those we considered best of brains with PhDs and all sorts of paper qualifications failed and are still failing us. Most beautiful women don't turn out to be best house wives.I suggest we just allow these men to prove themselves.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by paul288yahoo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
hmmm a great man once said ...a man who can't lead his home is not qualified to be a leader.....
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nnewi1stSon: 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
ednut1: mumu ait don dey uk tey tey wetin u sabi
Being the educated illiterate you are, you were just unable to decipher from my humble post written in plain English that it was a sarcastic post meant to induce humor. Go and register for anger management classes . Ediotic fool!
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by ednut1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Being the educated illiterate you are, you were just unable to decipher from my humble post written in plain English that it was a sarcastic post meant to induce humor. Go and register for anger management classes . Ediotic fool!
what ever
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Every one dey hussle....
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Allpolitrickcians politicians are actors, but not all actors are politicians.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by mikron(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
why are they all joining politics?
Nkiru sylvanus was once a special adviser to Gov okorocha and now the new Director General of a film organisation in Imo state,
Okey bakassi was a special adviser to the Gov of his state
Tony one week was gunning for the house of assembly in his state
Saint Obi is now the campaign coordinator for president goodluck Jonathan
Desmond Elliot is aspiring for the Lagos State house of Assembly
RMD is a commissioner in Delta State
and the list goes on
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by tsolz300: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bobbystanley: He will embezzle their money with his XXL mouth.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by gidjah(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^It's like you don't really know who Kenneth Okonkwo is! I've watched him a number of times on AIT, and have always been impressed with his intelligence and straight talk! Partisan politics and governance would be enriched with guys like him involved!

You do realize one of the best presidents in the US (President Reagan) was an actor?
ARNON SHWAZZENEGAR WAS ONCE OR IS still an actor till date,has he quit politics now,he just left bin d governor of which state sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri / Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Meet Over 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.