Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam (15970 Views)

Exxonmobil Job Scam Alert / List Of JOB SCAM TEXT And Phone Numbers Of Job Scamers / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Giftedgreen: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
So Immigration na scam?
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by SirHouloo(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Any interview at
Lanre shittu motors, onipanu
Pen cinema Agege
Pako bustop, Dopemu
Challenge B/s Mushin
Morgan bus stop,Trinity house,Mushin
And lots more....

2 Likes

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by seunoni34(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Once they ask you to pay then
ITS A SCAM!!!
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Dinzelflash(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
well,what I feel here is u giving the average Nigerian job scammers more tips to up their game/improve in their tactics.. buh all the same,nice info tho.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by amobyk29: 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
what about the one that millions of people who went to some stadiums across the country and paid N1,000 each, yet did not get it? I heard some lost their lives during that Formal Theft. Op, isn't that a scam too?

fellow Nigerians, if you are asked to pay, if u have the money, take the risk.
cos I have come to understand that Nigerians are always asking themselves. "what if they scam me?'' but forget to ask ''what if they don't scam me?''

let's wake up jare,,, times are changing..

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by hajarayau(m): 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Even me now I got the number of that useless man. Mr. Williams. Even in the phone they used to text people's but me am already know them and let me list their name here
1. MR. WILLIAMS
2 MR. IBRAHIM
3. DR. OKERE
4. MISS. ANITA DANHAL
This peoples. They are biggest fraudster in 9ja they are too scammer's. So becarefull.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2014
dotna:

source: http://zealnote.com/8-warning-signs-job-scam/

Only tne last one is an intelligent scam...I cant fall for the rest
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by olayitoyiwonuola(m): 6:14am On Sep 28, 2014
Like one so called health organization did to my friend, after sending msg to him, he went for interview, without knowing the outcome of the interview, they ask them to start buying license to operate. 10k imagine some people still fall for that. We just need to be sensitive at time
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Kirinwa: 7:16am On Sep 28, 2014
moshoodn:

Just like the Civil Defence scam.

Immigration you mean?
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Etizz: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2014
I still wonder if I will ever be scam
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by condralbede(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2014
seunoni34: Once they ask you to pay then
ITS A SCAM!!!
Not all ....my cousin secured a road safety job by paying 300k...but its when u hv confirmed your name.

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Funjosh(m): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2014
iceberylin:
ĨŦ Ú ĹĨŚŤĔŃ ŤŐ ŤĤĨŚ ĞÚŶŚ ÁĎVĨČĔ, Ú ĞŐ ŦĨŃĎ ŴŐŔĶ ŤĨŔĔ cool

Funny but TRUE lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by lawrenceunaa: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2014
Lots of scam job offers/handbills are threading now in aba

They are too dumb that they didn't even include the company`s name and address only phone number was printed with mouth watering salary so na greedy folks would be scammed, kidaped or used for rituals

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by nwaobitex: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2014
nice one op
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Funjosh(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2014
Giftedgreen: So Immigration na scam?

YES.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by nannymcphee(f): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus: Frankly, job scams should be easy to bust by any decent graduate, especially those by those hare-brained Nigerian job scammers.

Imagine someone calling himself NNPC H.R Manager sending you an email from Gmail account and asking you to call one Dr Oke? And some people fall for that! C'mon.

I wrote an article on the subject last year or so: http://www.jarushub.com/5-ways-to-identify-fraudulent-recruitment-arrangement/:

Kindly check your link
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Jarus(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
nannymcphee:

Kindly check your link

Corrected. Thanks. : http://www.jarushub.com/5-ways-to-identify-fraudulent-recruitment-arrangement/
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by moshoodn(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Kirinwa:

Immigration you mean?

Thank you Kirinwa.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by uboma(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
amobyk29: what about the one that millions of people who went to some stadiums across the country and paid N1,000 each, yet did not get it? I heard some lost their lives during that Formal Theft. Op, isn't that a scam too?

cos I have come to understand that Nigerians are always asking themselves. "what if they scam me?'' but forget to ask ''what if they don't scam me?''

So its safe to say that the Federal Govt of Nigeria also scammed its citizens who are job seekers. What a pity!

And the same govt have come to say that they have reduce the unemployment rate by 50%...

Na wa oooooo! Lies everywhere...

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by simplicity7: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Isiterere: Good 1...

ALL IZZ WELL
RANCHO grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by jaydee87(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
men I am tired of the scam going around all because for me to spend over 150k for federal task force and still no job from them...now election is getting closer and they telling us to be going to one place and they won't pay our salary for four months.. imagine wetin ppl dey do. how I go dey reach work for three months,wet in I go they chop.. But the problem is there is job in our country but u av to pay to get it.... tired embarassedmen I am tired of the scam going around all because for me to spend over 150k for federal task force and still no job from them...now election is getting closer and they telling us to be going to one place and they won't pay our salary for four months.. imagine wetin ppl dey do. how I go dey reach work for three months,wet in I go they chop.. But the problem is there is job in our country but u av to pay to get it.... tired
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Mustay(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
moshoodn:

A lot of scam jobs on the papers.

Don't they verify or screen before printing?

Or they just after the advert bills.

In a bid 'not to verify', these newspapers always put a caveat on these pages. Consequently, they've transferred the risk to you readers. It appears money is core and if they're going to do more due diligence before printing, advertisers will pay more for such servicesundecided

4. Upfront cash: Real jobs pay you. You don’t pay the
employer. Unless you’re buying a franchise (and that’s
another story altogether), you should not have to pay to get
paid.
The same country where government (NIS) obtains from her citizens.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Mustay(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
amobyk29: what about the one that millions of people who went to some stadiums across the country and paid N1,000 each, yet did not get it? I heard some lost their lives during that Formal Theft. Op, isn't that a scam too?

^^^

safarigirl: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

1 Like

Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Valentinooo: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
nice one op
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
The reality of the day is: One has to pay to get something reasonable of today's Nigeria.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by cocobabe(f): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Jarus: Frankly, job scams should be easy to bust by any decent graduate, especially those by those hare-brained Nigerian job scammers.

Imagine someone calling himself NNPC H.R Manager sending you an email from Gmail account and asking you to call one Dr Oke? And some people fall for that! C'mon.

I wrote an article on the subject last year or so: http://www.jarushub.com/5-ways-to-identify-fraudulent-recruitment-arrangement/
cheesy my friend fell victim to that during pop of nysc. They got our details off the nysc mag. I got a call too from them but lost interest whrn they asked me to pay money to obtain documents (local govt identity) to facilitate the job. Sadly my friend only called me AFTER she had been scammed.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by ocheola01: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
There are too many scam jobs in Nigeria these days. The unemployed wants to employ another unemployed.
Re: 8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam by SenatorJames(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Timzy234: They migt tell you the venue for the interview is your former university...happened to my cousin but she did not go sha
But I dont see any issue in that, she would have gone and confirm their authenticity. It may be they choosed the university for conveniency sake, some employers may not want to disturb their smooth working enviroment for recruitment purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Salary Negotiation Mistakes To Avoid / Administrative Assistant At World Health Organization WHO / JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.