Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: (8759 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
Uteghe:
Watch Tower Society is a cult.

Lol... U jst ve to b careful bout wat u say.... B4 u say smetyn b sure u ve valid proof. Wat ve dey dne to mke u call dem a cult...Ve dey initiated u or sucked ur blood b4? U really v to b careful wyt choice of words
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dis wud jst turn to serial argument....Jw re everywher... Jst locate one n download all ur qwestions dey wud b willing to ans dem. Mst of u kno d truth. U aint willing to accept the truth even d glearing ones... So far so good... In churh ratings.... I gve it to d witnesses, dey aint perfect bt re d closest to the truth #okbye
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Uteghe(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
mhisskel:

Lol... U jst ve to b careful bout wat u say.... B4 u say smetyn b sure u ve valid proof. Wat ve dey dne to mke u call dem a cult...Ve dey initiated u or sucked ur blood b4? U really v to b careful wyt choice of words
Stop being so ignorant,wannabe CT devotee! Go to Watchtower archives, do your own open minded research. CT Russell of unblessed memory was a Rosicrucian. Even his grave has Amorc insignia. Religious cult don't necessarily suck blood,the suck your sense of independent reasoning and evaluation of doctrines.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by kokomailler(m): 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
mhisskel:

What does it mean to accept Jesus christ as personal lord n saviour? Is it by mere word of declaration. In d process of accepting him as ur lord n saviour dnt forget dat its to God almighty we shd render sacred service. U pray to God tru Jesus nt takn bth Jesus and God to b one asin One peson
word attributed to Jesus in the Bible according to john 3:16 "For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son,that whoever believes in him should not perish but av enternal life."
However if dis is the purpose of creation and d prerequisite for everlasting life,why was it not taught by all messengers of God
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
Uteghe:

Stop being so ignorant,wannabe CT devotee! Go to Watchtower archives, do your own open minded research. CT Russell of unblessed memory was a Rosicrucian. Even his grave has Amorc insignia. Religious cult don't necessarily suck blood,the suck your sense of independent reasoning and evaluation of doctrines.

I can see ur really good wyt bad words.... I base my judgement on d bible nt on any man so my reasoning is solely dependent on d bible...Stop bin a critic n tke tym our to study d bible wytout a biased mind
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mmsen: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
mhisskel:

u v practically condemned all....so which du u bliv in

There are 7 billion people on this planet but only 2 billion are Christians and only 1.6 billion are Muslims.

That is not 'all'.

Why must I 'bliv' any?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Uteghe(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
mhisskel:

I can see ur really good wyt bad words.... I base my judgement on d bible nt on any man so my reasoning is solely dependent on d bible...Stop bin a critic n tke tym our to study d bible wytout a biased mind
Address CT's errors. Why run from that? If the foundation be destroyed....! Your ''organization'' was founded by a cultist and its a cult group that why you don't even relate with your relatives in other churches nor visit those churches. I floor Russell's devotees who blasphemously call themselves witnesses everyday. God forgive you.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
U 4got to add they are very mean, like my jw neighbor. Mtcheeew..
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

I understand what you are trying to say.
But i will ask you this question. Lets say i build a house and rent it out to tenants. And i order the tenants to be giving the house rent to my son, and in turn my son hands it to me, do u think i will be happy if they try to bypass my son and come directly to me?
Thats how it is with God. John 3:16 He sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him will have an everlasting life.
How do you believe in jesus?
Ans: You have to accept him as your lord and savior.
And jesus also said, whenever u pray, ask whatever u want in my name (not jehovahs name). So if u do not follow this teaching, it means u are disobeying God. (thats if u believe Jesus christ is the Son of God and he cannot lie).
Read John chapter 5&6

That's good. We pray and end in Jesus name. We dont end it in Jehovah's name. Have you not noticed that?

why not attend any of our meetings to see for yourself?

One of the statements made for the purpose of our public edition of the Watchtower is:

"It (the watchtower) promotes faith in Jesus Christ, who died so that we might gain everlasting life and who is now ruling as king of God's kingdom.''

This quote is found in page 2 of every WATCHTOWER we hand out to the public.

Why not check it out when you receive a new copy of the WATCHTOWER?

Secondly, if you accept to have a bible study with JW's, you will be opportuned to know more about Jesus. How?

In chapter 4 and 5 of the "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH?", you find these topics: "Who is Jesus Christ?" and "The Ransom-God's greatest gift".

In those chapters many sterling info about Jesus are passed out.

questions like, what does Messiah and Christ mean, which year did Jesus get baptised? when did Jesus become the Christ, before or after his baptism? what bearing does Dan. 9:25 have on Jesus? what does it mean when you refer to Jesus as the "only begotten son"?

Why not accept a free home bible study to learn about these and more?

Yes! you cant witness for Jehovah without talking about Jesus because all of God's promises became ''yes" by means of him. And by talking to people about Jesus, you are witnessing for both Jesus and Jehovah!

2 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 09, 2014
apidum:
Jehovah Witness and their members should repent before the wrath of God will fall on them. They don't believe that Christ Is God and if you forsake christ you not for God

Yes, when we forsake Christ, we are not for God. However, have we forsake Christ? No.

Jesus said this to a disciple:

John 20:17

"...I am ascending to my Father and Your Father, to my God and your God."

what do you think from that verse?

a. Can one be equal to his God?

b. Can the Almighty God have a Father and God?

c. When the bible uses Father and Son relationship to tell us about God and Jesus, what information do you think it wants to pass accross?

for eg, If you hear Father and Son, does it not tell you that one is older than the other? does it not also show that one beget the other? does it show equality in age?

With open mind, we can get to know God better!
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2014
Uteghe :
CT Russell was numerologist and Rosicrucian.

Proves
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2014
deb6:

mean in what sense?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2014
JMAN05:

Proves
pictures don't lie sir. That's freemasonary insignia on Russells grave.

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
@JMAN05, in case you doubt the authencity of the pictures, Charles Taze Russell was buried in a family owned grave at the Rosemont United Cemetery, 226 Cemetery Lane, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This cemetery contains the remains of known Masons and overlooks a Masonic temple. You can confirm that.

Below are rosicrusian insigna on your literature- studies in the scriptures.

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by CANTICLES: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
@ JMAN 05
Dont mind that guy o lolz, he edited and lied alot , a man dat run away from Jehovah he is ..... After funeral services at Newyork and at Carnegie Hall in pittsburgh, Brother Rusell was buried at Allegheny, in the Bethel Family Plot, according to his Request . A Brief biography of Russell along with is will and testament was published in the Watchtower Of December 1, 1916, as well as in subsequent editions of the first volume of studies in the scriptures .... Here is the real picture ! Written on the book is THE FINISHED MYSTERY .... A Handbook for Bible Students

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
^^ thanks for that.

Actually, I stopped responding to his posts when I saw prove from Bernimore that paulGrundy is yooguy 'reincarnate'.

I have nothing to do with apostates. 1cor. 5:11

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
JMAN05:
^^ thanks for that.

Actually, I stopped responding to his posts when I saw prove from Bernimore that paulGrundy is yooguy 'reincarnate'.

I have nothing to do with apostates. 1cor. 5:11

Thank you for politely quoting me. smiley, you seem to have been doing a little research on me. I'll take that a compliment, because it shows you have been following my threads.

It wasn't necesary for you to quote me if you had chosen to stop responding to my posts.
I actually responded to the question because of others in the thread, not really to quote you per say. Its a public forum, any information exchanged here is viewed by all.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
CANTICLES:
@ JMAN 05
Dont mind that guy o lolz, he edited and lied alot , a man dat run away from Jehovah he is ..... After funeral services at Newyork and at Carnegie Hall in pittsburgh, Brother Rusell was buried at Allegheny, in the Bethel Family Plot, according to his Request . A Brief biography of Russell along with is will and testament was published in the Watchtower Of December 1, 1916, as well as in subsequent editions of the first volume of studies in the scriptures .... Here is the real picture ! Written on the book is THE FINISHED MYSTERY .... A Handbook for Bible Students

The rosicrucian insigna is still in the picture of the finished mystery book you provided.

Why did you cut of the upper part of the picture of Russells tomb? grin grin

What evidence do you have to prove that Russell was buried at a bethel family tomb?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Its so sad and unfortunate that even in the face of facts, people can still choose to see what they want to see. SMH
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
CANTICLES:
A Brief biography of Russell along with is will and testament was published in the Watchtower Of December 1, 1916

@CANTICLES/??/..., JMAN05

I know you guys are reading my quote, the op said Russel had a biography? How come your literature is saying he didn't have a biography?

"But, is it true you have never published a biography of Pastor Russell? …

That's right. Jehovah's witnesses admire the qualities he possessed as a man, but were we to give the honor and credit to Pastor Russell, we would be saying that the works and success were his; but Jehovah's witnesses believe it is God's spirit that guides and directs his people." Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (1959) p.63.

I don't understand, or you lieing for the watchtower or is the watchtower contradicting herself?

I am not anticipating your reply, just think about it.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Jj222(f): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
I wonder why they believe they re d only holy ones why others re unholy
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jj222:
I wonder why they believe they re d only holy ones why others re unholy

If they felt that way, they'd be far away from your doors. #Think#
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
deb6:

Mean? Its your opinion. A lot of people think otherwise.
Even if your JW neighbour is mean, generalizing his attitude with JW's is like saying: "All of Jesus disciples are wicked men and betrayers" simply because of Judas.

Surely you'll make a very decent Judge grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by grandstar(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Taylor184:
Really?
But i would like to know if Jehovah Witnesses study their scripture without making recourse to Watchtower or Awake,i mean just studyin the bible on it own!
YES WE DO O!

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2014
Taylor184:
Really?
But i would like to know if Jehovah Witnesses study their scripture without making recourse to Watchtower or Awake,i mean just studyin the bible on it own!

No they don't study the bible alone because they believe it results to apostacy, even if they do, they use only their translation NWT, all other translations are labelled satanic. I have a watchtower quote that will interest you sir.

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching ..." Watchtower 1981 Aug 15 p.29
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2014
grandstar:
YES WE DO O!

BUSTED! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching ..." Watchtower 1981 Aug 15 p.29
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2014
^^^ and there's more

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

"To turn away from Jehovah and his organization, to spurn the direction of "the faithful and discreet slave," and to rely simply on personal Bible reading and interpretation is to become like a solitary tree in a parched land." Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.20

"I suffered much pain and heartache without Jehovah's guidance," says one young woman who for a time left God's organization. "I tried to fit in with the world, but because I was not truly like others, they rejected me. I felt like a lost child who needed a father to guide me. That is when I realized that I needed Jehovah. I never wanted to live independent of him again." Watchtower 1998 Oct 1 pp.10-11

"With apostates earth wide being destroyed, what reason can one have for confidence of life in paradise to follow?" Kingdom Ministry Sep 1973 p.6
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by grandstar(m): 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
paulGrundy:

BUSTED! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

What do you find wrong with the above statement?

We need to understand one thing- there is only one truth Ephesians 4:4-6

"One body there is,+ and one spirit,+ just as you were called to the one hope+ of your calling; one Lord,+ one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

You cant have different truths. The Christ does not stand divided.

A true Christian while reading the bible "alone" may come upon something hard to understand. It is wise to seek counsel from the elders rather than unwisely go it alone ( Read 2 Peter 3:16)

There was an incidence that happened during Christ's ministry when Jesus said some spiritual things hard to understand. Many disciples left him(John 6:60-66). Jesus now turned to others (John 6:67-70)

"So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to?+ You have sayings of everlasting life.+ 69 We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God"

What Jesus said was probably also hard to understand but they stood by him because they knew he was from God and he had the sayings of everlasting life and they were blessed for it. Yes, I know my sheep and my sheep know me and they listen to my voice (John 10:14).

We Witnesses are thoroughly convinced we have found the Truth. We know that this is God's organization today on EARTH.

Like his faithfully disciples, we choose to stick to Jesus rather than walk away like the other disciples. They never knew that they were walking away from salvation. We wont walkaway. We will keep sticking to Jehovah's organisation. Jesus is the head of the congregation.

We will be submissive as sheep are supposed to be.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Yooguyz: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
grandstar:

What do you find wrong with the above statement?

We need to understand one thing- there is only one truth Ephesians 4:4-6

"One body there is,+ and one spirit,+ just as you were called to the one hope+ of your calling; one Lord,+ one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

You cant have different truths. The Christ does not stand divided.

A true Christian while reading the bible "alone" may come upon something hard to understand. It is wise to seek counsel from the elders rather than unwisely go it alone ( Read 2 Peter 3:16)

There was an incidence that happened during Christ's ministry when Jesus said some spiritual things hard to understand. Many disciples left him(John 6:60-66). Jesus now turned to others (John 6:67-70)

"So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to?+ You have sayings of everlasting life.+ 69 We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God"

What Jesus said was probably also hard to understand but they stood by him because they knew he was from God and he had the sayings of everlasting life and they were blessed for it. Yes, I know my sheep and my sheep know me and they listen to my voice (John 10:14).

We Witnesses are thoroughly convinced we have found the Truth. We know that this is God's organization today on EARTH.

Like his faithfully disciples, we choose to stick to Jesus rather than walk away like the other disciples. They never knew that they were walking away from salvation. We wont walkaway. We will keep sticking to Jehovah's organisation. Jesus is the head of the congregation.

We will be submissive as sheep are supposed to be.

The italised was what was expecting you to say earlier on, now back to the watchtower quote: watchtower leaders tell you to confirm every teaching in their literature with the bible, but tag any independent scriptural interpretation apostacy. So why is the biblical esigenisis of the governing body the truth, but that of other churches: deeper life, CEC, RCC, apostolic e.t.c apostacy?

Why is The "christain" who does not imbibe “elder advice” in bible study marked or sometimes even disfellowshiped
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by grandstar(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=Yooguyz post=27721414]

The italised was what was expecting you to say earlier on, now back to the watchtower quote: watchtower leaders tell you ... THERE IS ONLY 1 JESUS, 1 FAITH AND 1 TRUTH I.E. WHAT WE PREACH TODAY.(MATT 24:14)
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Yooguyz: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=grandstar post=27721683][/quote]

So basicly in essence you are saying that ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have the truth, am I right or wrong?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by lewu07: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Good people,They practice what they preach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Is Dead - The Abandonment Of Faith In Europe. / Religion And Education In Nigeria / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.