Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) (73908 Views)

80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / Plantain Cultivation Is Increasing, Let Us Talk About The Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
I have to admit I was ignorant about this. I even proudly wore my ignorance completely outside of my jeans without the least bit of care. And so did Ladystewie. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Chinom(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wow.. good to know. I'm really interested in growing Apples in Nigeria. Keep us posted on the progress of that seedling. It's a bit early to know it will survive or not.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Small time now you will start hearing that Apple grown in Nigeria are HIV or Ebola infected, wash with soap & salt in a hot water before eating.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by mbulela: 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: pictures of my young apple plant.
Dividends of democracy. This is the Fresh Air that has reduced poverty by 50%.
Thank you GEJ.
Fresh apples brought to us by Fresh Air.

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by maxjax(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
una too like apple sef........... cheesy

Remember Adam & Eve oooo
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by khayce: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Pls, can I get ur contact, becos I av frnd in SF wo can provide me wth enough ripe apple....plssssssss... I av 4 acres of land mysef
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by SUGARSON(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
JUST OBSERVING WITH A PLATE OF APPLE.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
..now i smell scammers spoiling for a kill

2 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
Naija sef with una follow follow mentality,ngwanu if everybody kon dey plant apple who go kon plant yam?

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by phreakabit(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
You'd need a greenhouse for this to grow n bear fruit. Do some research on growing apples in the tropics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by phreakabit(m): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbulela:
Dividends of democracy. This is the Fresh Air that has reduced poverty by 50%.
Thank you GEJ.
Fresh apples brought to us by Fresh Air.

I am somewhat pro GEJ too but this is Lunacy on display by you.

6 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by UnknownT: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: My residue is at ondo city in ondo state,and it will take about 5yrs to harvest my first fruits.
5 years? Na wa oh! 5 years pikin don dey recite 36 states and capital nah! Is it cos its in Nigeria that it will take 5years or its like dat all over d world. If its d former, then its not economical
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by dayosaurus(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Are you sure it's the same apple? Cos my dad has one but it tastes different, it's just like water and not sweet at all.. and it is never GREEN, ALWAYS RED.

gbenga4sure: pictures of my young apple plant.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by femijck(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
It grows of course but it will never bring out the fruit....and even if it does, it falls off within a week...speaking from experirnce

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by AreaFada2: 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
nyc
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by pyzee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wooow na den u go c bitter apple
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by legendsilver(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: My residue is at ondo city in ondo state,and it will take about 5yrs to harvest my first fruits.
I bet you, its gona come out in Nigeria form. No come here dey give us bobo drink na undecided
If you ever did geography in school, then you should have known quite alright that each region has its own fruits that is favourable with the available weather n climate conditions that are present there.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by legendsilver(m): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
femijck: It grows of course but it will never bring out the fruit....and even if it does, it falls off within a week...speaking from experirnce
no mind am jawe, e wan begin share bobo here and funny enough some Nairalanders don dey flex am already grin
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by OCTAVO: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wow!
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Where exactly in ondo town,i wanna see things for myself,am currently in town anyway,Lipakala precisely
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by henryadex(m): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
STOP ALL THE HULLABALOO ABOUT APPLE GROWING IN OUR SOIL IT ALL A RUSE THE APPLE IN PIC IS NOT THE ORIGINAL APPLE IT IS THE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO TYPE I BET YOU CAN FINISH ONE OF IT 'COS OF THE SAVOUR IF YOU DARE FINISH ONE YOU CAN'T EAT THE SECOND ONE THE SEED INSIDE THIS APPLE IS AS BIG IF NOT BIGGER THAN WALLNUT SEED. I HAVE IT CLOSE TO MY HOUSE IT IS ONLY THE CHILDREN THAT COMES FOR IT, I FIRST PLANTED LATTER I CUT IT OFF AND REPLACE IT WITH MANGO IF YOU CARE TO HAVE A LOOK COME TO KELVIN BUS STOP AGBADO-IJOKO ROAD IJOKO OTA ASK ANY BODY THAT THEY SHOULD TAKE YOU TO WHERE APPLE TREE IS YOU WILL SEE A HANDFUL OR CALL 08028370836.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Where exactly in ondo town,i wanna see things for myself,am currently in town anyway,Lipakala precisely
.I am at oka(very close to f.f.f estate)
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 19naia(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Almost any tree will grow in Nigerias climate. Rememeber that cold climate trees all must survive the hot summers and they are therefore able to grow in tropical heat.... The cold weather trees dont really handle the cold well as most drop all their leaves and go into hibernation mode...

Growing the tree is the easy part.... Getting the tree to flower and getting the flower to turn to viable fruit is the challenge.... Coconuts grow in hot tropical weather and they can also grow in places where it gets mildly cold, but that cold prevents the flowers from being viable to turn into fruit.. The cold kills the flowers, Its the same with mango tree flowers.. The tree will grow, but when its time to flower and fruit, the climate problems will emerge..

Now put this in reverse for Apples... Cold weather fruit trees often require cold for their flowers to form and turn into viable fruit... If the heat is too much during the sensitive flower to fruit stage, they will drop off and die.... Maybe there is a strain of apple that is adapted to nigeria type climate, South africa gets cold enough for apples... Nigeria may have select areas that may get cold enough for apple, or maybe there is a strain of apple now that will work any where in Nigeria....?
Some cold weather fruit trees will not fruit well unless a spring cold frost comes and cold frost the flowering plants before fruit forms... Peaches...

7 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aiyeboy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aiyeboy(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2014

I am currently in ondo, can I be blessed with a seed
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aiyeboy(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
legendsilver:
I bet you, its gona come out in Nigeria form. No come here dey give us bobo drink na undecided
If you ever did geography in school, then you should have known quite alright that each region has its own fruits that is favourable with the available weather n climate conditions that are present there.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by niggi4life(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nigeria my country, a land blessed with milk and honey.
We have one of the best climate in the world. Mineral resources yaburata not to talk of human resources as well. Eat ordinary orange, mistakenly drop the seed for ground i bet you in some few days it will begin to grow.
What else do a nation wants that God didn't bless us with?
I know one day e go betta

2 Likes

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
legendsilver:
I have seen the apple tree with real fruits on it with my korokoro eye
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by pyx: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
gbenga4sure: Many are of the believe that apple cant grow in Nigeria.But this is a big lie.Apples that are sold at shops here in Nigeria have been harvested before it gets ripe.This is because these fruits spends about a week before it gets to Nigeria.Few years ago,i saw a apple tree at a family friends home.I was suprised and ask him how did it happen,he told me that he is an agriculturist and works at the state ministry of agriculture.
He also said he will help me get one.I asked how,and he said the ministry has ordered some,which got rippen from south africa and so it will germinate.Unlike the ones we buy at shops here which didnt get ripe before it was harvested.
Fellow nairalanders,few weeks ago i have gotten mine(the apple seedling) and now i have planted and it survived.
Who says apples dont grow in Nigeria because of the temperature.Dont be deceived.Apples really grow here
Mr Gbenga please let us chat on whatsapp to know How u can assist to get this seedlings 08027189462

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.