Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. (2621 Views)

Checkout The Behind The Scenes Of These Movies. / List of latest/good Nollywood Movies Please / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
1. Her

2. The Internship

3. Noah

4. The Grand Budapest Hotel.

5. Godzilla

6.The latest transformers movie

Please rate using stars- eg two, three, four, five stars etc.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by kekakuz(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
If you are a good Christian you will find Noah offensive because they really distort the true story and make him look unreasonable.
they also try to force a long story short by skipping important scenes
finally Noah was made to stay in the ark for over 9months and he lived with an enemy without knowing for good nine months.
I still gbadun the film so I'll give it a 6
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmm, ok.

I haven't watched it yet but will do so in order to be able to have an inkling what its about.

I assume you gave it a 6 for the cgi, acting and overall experience of the movie, not necessarily the script and storyline.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by ZERKNICHTER(m): 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
4. The Grand Budapest Hotel 7,5/10
i like it but it has strange kind of humore wich many my no like

5. Godzilla 6/10
its ok but no must see movie
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by XketchDesigns(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Her.. I haven't watched, I mean why waste 1.5 hrs to watch a movie about a guy that dates his computer?

Internship is awesome.. 7. I mean it's Vincent and Owen Wilson together!

Noah is crap 1.. the writer wrote rubbish, he freestyled and made use of very little if the story. After 5 min I realised the movie was total rubbish, It was a waste of 2 hours. If they had based the movie on fiction, it would have been just ok! But trying to affiliate it with biblical story which they told about 20% and made up the remaining just made it a useless movie.

Haven't watched the Budapest

Godzilla.. 3 the story is crap, they deviated form the original story. I get its a reboot. A perfect reboot is 'total recall' or 'robot cop'
This had to many Godzilla and the main one was ally of humans.. that's just wrong!

Transformers. 4.. nothing new, just recycling. Same old, same old, only new faces, I still believe shai laBeouf was better at play the lead than mark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
ZERKNICHTER: 4. The Grand Budapest Hotel 7,5/10
i like it but it has strange kind of humore wich many my no like

5. Godzilla 6/10
its ok but no must see movie

hmmm

i read the review of grand budapest and it seemed rather intriguing.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
XketchDesigns: Her.. I haven't watched, I mean why waste 1.5 hrs to watch a movie about a guy that dates his computer?

the plot is rather unusual.

Internship is awesome.. 7. I mean it's Vincent and Owen Wilson together!

sounds like an interesting storyline- working at google.

Noah is crap 1.. the writer wrote rubbish, he freestyled and made use of very little if the story. After 5 min I realised the movie was total rubbish, It was a waste of 2 hours. If they had based the movie on fiction, it would have been just ok! But trying to affiliate it with biblical story which they told about 20% and made up the remaining just made it a useless movie.

hmmm

Godzilla.. 3 the story is crap, they deviated form the original story. I get its a reboot. A perfect reboot is 'total recall' or 'robot cop'
This had to many Godzilla and the main one was ally of humans.. that's just wrong!

i also dont remember godzilla working with humans although its been long since i heard of the original movie.

Transformers. 4.. nothing new, just recycling. Same old, same old, only new faces, I still believe shai laBeouf was better at play the lead than mark.

yes, i was wondering how it would be without the main leads from the other movies.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by foslink(m): 12:25am On Sep 28, 2014
Wactched the internship gr8 movie i must say served its witty purpose
Godzilla waste of time and mb i must tell u
Transformers age of future past pure bullcrap i mean it was just below par
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2014
interesting, will take note.

I'll rate the movies after I've watched them.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by kannymoore(m): 3:31am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia1:

1. Her.......its an intiguing movie that didnt rub off on me too nicely. Why the heck would one fall in love with a computer and not just that, date and even have a sexual relationship with a computer for crying out aloud
Its got some deep acting though.

** stars.

2. The Internship

its an okay movie, i expected more though cos i have a soft spot for owen wilson right from his Shanghai Noon days...** stars

3. Noah

i havent really watched the movie. Only a few snippets so i cant really judge but the little i watched didnt impress me.

AHAAAAAA!!!!

Now thats a marvellous movie with great storytelling and very witty humor! The acting? Superb!!!!!!......* * * * * 5stars!!!!!

5. Godzilla

hated the movie. Sorry. Its horrible as far as im concerned. Yeah, they wanted it to be like the original Godzilla that i used to watch on NTA as a kid but i just didnt like the look nor the storyline. I prefer the 1998 version more.
Nyamma-nyamma film!
No Stars at All!!!

Total Bullshiiit!
The worst Transformers movie ive ever watched in my short life.
The action try sha... But e still dey one-kain.

*.....one star.

Please rate using stars- eg two, three, four, five stars etc.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by VillageBoi(m): 6:31am On Sep 28, 2014
XketchDesigns: Her.. I haven't watched, I mean why waste 1.5 hrs to watch a movie about a guy that dates his computer?
Actually of all the films he asked about 'Her' beats every single one of them by miles!

By rating the remaining order is -
'The Grand Budapest Hotel'
'The Internship'
'The latest transformers movie' which is rubbish and...
The remaining two are at bottom of the pile of Hollywood regular stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by XketchDesigns(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2014
VillageBoi:
Actually of all the films he asked about 'Her' beats every single one of them by miles!
I believe the acting will be intense and amazing but charlie, I don't just buy the idea of dating computer! It just plain silly and I can't enjoy a movie that I believe is silly.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by Jayboy124: 8:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Her is actually the best film in that list by far. But are not the kinda films we are used to in Nigeria.

I'll rate Her 7/10.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by Csami(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia1: 1. Her
I've not seen this one yet

2. The Internship

3. Noah

5. Godzilla

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
thanks @ all.

I must say, the ones whose plots seem very interesting, are the Grand Budapest, Her and The Internship.

I suspect Noah might be going with the same type of screenplay as Steve Carell's version of Noah which also used a lot of poetic license albeit with humour.

but, will check them all out sha.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
1. Ivory Tower

2. Transcendence

3. Think like a Man Too

4. Blended

5. Draft Day

6. All is Lost
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by XketchDesigns(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2014
tpia6: 1. Ivory Tower

2. Transcendence

3. Think like a Man Too

4. Blended

5. Draft Day

6. All is Lost

Only watched 'think like a man two' and il rate 9. Kevin hart is at d top of his game, that guy is just tooo funny!

The rest are not my kinda movies.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Only watched 'think like a man two' and il rate 9.

hmmm, ok, will note that.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by Brimmie(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Internship - 5/5
Think Like A Man Too - 10/10 !!
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by VillageBoi(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2014
XketchDesigns:
I believe the acting will be intense and amazing but charlie, I don't just buy the idea of dating computer! It just plain silly and I can't enjoy a movie that I believe is silly.
Actually the idea is pretty realistic considering the age we live in. You do realise that films do not have to be governed by the physical & scientific laws on 'earth'? Is the fantasy of a horse flying is more to your liking?
Look at the now famous 'Aliens' I believe it took a while to sell as no one got it then the simple logline "In space no one can hear you scream" (which is not actually true scientifically) sold it and the rest is history. The film 'Her' is not a weird concept at all and is quite a possibility in the future.
Anyway shaa, you don't like the idea and that is no big deal... each to their own. But it is a very good film.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by VillageBoi(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2014
tpia6: 1. Ivory Tower
2. Transcendence
3. Think like a Man Too
4. Blended
5. Draft Day

6. All is Lost

Of this set I'll pick 'All Is Lost' as the best of the bunch - just my opinion before yawa gas. It's a masterclass in tension and IMO is brilliant considering the screenplay is only 31 pages long. There was a good thread on the film but sadly the earlier hacking of this site wiped off a lot of threads & posts.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by XketchDesigns(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2014
VillageBoi:
Actually the idea is pretty realistic considering the age we live in. You do realise that films do not have to be governed by the physical & scientific laws on 'earth'? Is the fantasy of a horse flying is more to your liking?
Look at the now famous 'Aliens' I believe it took a while to sell as no one got it then the simple logline "In space no one can hear you scream" (which is not actually true scientifically) sold it and the rest is history. The film 'Her' is not a weird concept at all and is quite a possibility in the future.
Anyway shaa, you don't like the idea and that is no big deal... each to their own. But it is a very good film.
Yeah, I agree with your closing argument. Everybody has what they like. I have never watched harry potter, Lord of the rings and Thos kinds of magic, magic movies.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by XketchDesigns(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2014
VillageBoi:

Of this set I'll pick 'All Is Lost' as the best of the bunch - just my opinion before yawa gas. It's a masterclass in tension and IMO is brilliant considering the screenplay is only 31 pages long. There was a good thread on the film but sadly the earlier hacking of this site wiped off a lot of threads & posts.
Couldn't disagree with you more! I just watched it and as I speak, the credits is rolling. It is a very boring and pointless movie! In the whole 100min of the movie, he spoke only 3 times combined not more than 90sec. Watch "cast away" tom hanks, it's similar but a much much way better movie.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by starlingbawa(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
foslink: Wactched the internship gr8 movie i must say served its witty purpose
Godzilla waste of time and mb i must tell u
Transformers age of future past pure bullcrap i mean it was just below par

Are you absolutely sure you have seen the Transformer movie, because I don't remember the title being 'Age Of Future Past' but 'Age Of Extinction'?

That said I'm disappointed after seeing the movie. Didn't even come close to The third flick 'Dark Of The Moon'
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by VillageBoi(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Couldn't disagree with you more! I just watched it and as I speak, the credits is rolling. It is a very boring and pointless movie! In the whole 100min of the movie, he spoke only 3 times combined not more than 90sec. Watch "cast away" tom hanks, it's similar but a much much way better movie.
As mentioned before no yawa. Na very, very different tastes we get, for example, I would never in a million years rate 'Think Like A Man Too' as a 9/10 like you did. Just saying.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia1: 4:24am On Oct 05, 2014
VillageBoi:

Jayboy124:
Her is actually the best film in that list by far. But are not the kinda films we are used to in Nigeria.

I'll rate Her 7/10.

XketchDesigns:

VillageBoi:

Actually the idea is pretty realistic considering the age we live in.

The film 'Her' is not a weird concept at all and is quite a possibility in the future.

I just watched Her, and I'll give it a 7/10, or 3.5 stars.

I could rate it 8/10 or 4 stars, but its one of those movies you have to watch multiple times in order to catch things you missed before.

i will have to see the film again because i definitely did not get much of what went on there.

for example, I'm yet to understand the reason for the snow- why the weather was snowy much of the time, whenever he's sad.. Also, i dont quite get the little saucy hologram in the game and why samantha did not simply transpose herself as a hologram.

Things I noticed about the movie:

- 9/11 references. Samantha contacted 8,316 others and fell in love with 641 of them. Adding the figures gives 18 and 11 respectively, between 2 people. 18/2=9. Theodore's initials are TT (twin towers). His address includes Tower 7.

- it opens with the light source behind theodore and closes with the light coming from in front of him (the sunrise).

-it ends with him writing a letter to his wife, which seems to be something he'd never done in spite of being a professional letter composer.

-it emphasizes the aloneness or alienation from people around him, everybody is busy chatting with their OSes and computers.

etc etc.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by basille(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
The internship - PR for Google. 6/10
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 5:05am On Nov 05, 2014
basille:
The internship - PR for Google. 6/10

hmmm
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 5:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by Csami(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
tpia6:
1. Ivory Tower
2. Transcendence
3. Think like a Man Too
4. Blended
5. Draft Day
6. All is Lost

Do any of these movies deserve more than 6?
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2014
Will get back to you after I watch them.
Re: Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. by tpia6: 6:47am On Nov 10, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Startimes Acquires Serie A Broadcast Rights / Without A Silver Spoon In Cartoon / Complete List Of Tstv Channels Dstv Bye Bye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.