Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? (3715 Views)

OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ] / 2015:if Jonathan Not Re-elected There Will Be War In Nigeria–akpabio​ Threatens. / Nigeria Vs America - Actually Who Is More Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sealeddeal: there is no missile with speed of 7320 miles/second. or do you mean 7.320miles/second?

Sorry my bad, that was a typo. 7.320miles/sec it is.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by BashBB: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
tartar9: Mutual Assured Destruction,both will be destroyed because of of nuclear weapons even if it is Nigeria as long as it has nuclear weapons and ICBM's to launch them.if not,russia is decades behind with soviet era weapons and less firepower,they are just overated.the US will beat russia though it will be hard,chiefly because of Russia's geography and not in Russia's so-called military hardware.
You think Russia is behind with decade behind with soviet era weapons? you're joking right? last time I checked the Almighty US still rely on Russia's rocket engine to take them to space. The US is the best in propaganda that I give them, but when it comes to delivery and getting things done, they haven't had much success in that area. Russia always produces far better military hardware at a lesser price than the US, just because they dont show off that doesn't mean they can't deliver. The US relies heavily on its allies for help in times of war they can't stand alone that they know much better than anyone, hence they fight hard to gain more allies and spend a lot of money to keep those allies intact. the US is full of propaganda mate. if the Russians can make the tsar bomb in the' 40s what makes you think they can't do it again (if they haven't already)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by asadike(f): 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Malawian: there is one newly built russian missle they test fired a few weeks ago. i was reading about it on yahoo news last week and it is claimed to be capable of carrying 24 independent targeted warheads each with a yield 100 times that of FAT MAN. like asadike said, make dem leave igboland out of it o. just one is enough to send all igbos to YHWH. angry angry
my brother, ifu kwa ra dis kain thing. America against russia,no problem,evn if them go join sambisa forest put, no problem,bt u c igbo land? Dat place na no go area.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by kernel504(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
ResourceMan:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1740163_tsar20bom20explosion_jpegca6e49611ea92ab73e8075480b320068
Wetin be this? embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The ignorant, boastful and hypocritical Americans will be stunned by Russia. Those their fine and yeye cities that they think is the best thing to happen to humanity will be reduced to rubbles. The fact is that not only will USA and Russia pay dearly for the war. The world especially Africa will be reduced to sawdust even before the actors destroy themselves.

@ Tomakint
No allies will ally with the USA, abi you no see the third picture. Nato will flee, Germany (the emerging secret power) will shift to its own side and Europe will scamper for safety. But Africa will be doomed, as lots of intercepted and misfired nuclear warheads will find their resting place in their abode.
Hint: USA is a Threat to world peace.

Sentiment kills like corruption.Was it not this same America that facilitated the dissolution of the then USSR?
During 2rd world war, the Germans almost conquered the Russians, it was the bomb in Hiroshama that disconnected the partnership of Japan and Germans.
Please point of correction, KGB has no comparison to CIA ... If not why was KGB dissolved?
Remember, Europe will ally against Russian, China will not want to get involved , because she wants to be the biggest Economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tomakint: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ Kernel504, you raised some valid points in your last post which I quite agreed with you, however on a contrary view is your position on the efficacy between the CIA and the defunct KGB while the former blend propaganda with secrecy the latter is a perfect image of espionage as it should be done, only the Mossad come close when utmost Secrecy is to be spelt out as it is in the Espionage world. CIA is overrated my brother!
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tomakint: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ kernel504, you raised some valid points in your last post which I quite agreed with you, however on a contrary view is your position on the efficacy between the CIA and the defunct KGB while the former blend propaganda with secrecy the latter is a perfect image of espionage as it should be done, only the Mossad come close when utmost Secrecy is to be spelt out as it is in the Espionage world. CIA is overrated my brother!
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Lovechyld101(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
There is a lot of secrecy going on in american security unit am sure there would be a planned measure e.g "project X" or code something something, which will be activate or carried out if such a War is to take place in the end if two elephant fights it is the grass that's suffers.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Omololu007(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
gatiano: if one is to combine all the armed forces of the whole world except the united states(russia, china,japan, mid east, africa, euro union, south america, everybody) against united state, if united states wants, it won't allow a bullet to penetrate his airspace, water or land. but they will bring all down. that is how powerful they are. and they is a single reason for that. GOD gave them all the knowledge they needed so that when GOD brings united states down in just a single day, all the rest will just bow and go and rest.
i dont bliv dis,,if euro and russian military face d US military,,america will b invaded,,infact amrica will fall yakata.america and d south koreans couldnt defeat north korea and china(dey were supply weapons by d USSR),during d korean war,so i dont fink dy can defeat dos countries u listd up dia
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by bwideity: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
If US and Russia decide to call it end , then it is end of the world, cos no one will be alive to tell the story, they both have what it take to finish the each other.

For all of us Naialander, we can only pray that there should be no war cos there won't be a winner or looser, the nuclear bomb is to do only shakara unless we have Alien invasion.

But anytime any day when it comes to Nuclear war , Russia is 5times ahead of US of A, they may not have anything good to produce but this two things they produce are the best, AK4 and Nuclear technology, if you don't know, now you know that Russia just develop a new nuclear technology that doesn't have nuclear waste ( meaning it is safe to use without the fear of radiation you can read more https://www.nairaland.com/1912657/good-news-nigeria-no-nuclear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Lovechyld101: There is a lot of secrecy going on in american security unit am sure there would be a planned measure e.g "project X" or code something something, which will be activate or carried out if such a War is to take place in the end if two elephant fights it is the grass that's suffers.

If America iikes, let them activate "Project XYZ" Russia will match them [Includiing NATO] nuclear for nuclear.

7 Reasons Why America Will Never Go To War Over Ukraine

1.) Russia is a nuclear superpower - Russia has an estimated 4,500 active nuclear warheads, according to the Federation of American Scientists. Unlike North Korea or perhaps Iran, whose nuclear arsenals couldn’t inflict substantial damage, Russia could totally devastate the U.S. as well as the rest of the planet. U.S. missile defenses, assuming they even work, are not designed to stop a massive Russian strike.

For the 46 years of the Cold War, America and Russia were deadly rivals. But they never fought. Their proxies fought: Koreans, Vietnamese, Central Americans, Israelis and Arabs. The one time that U.S. and Soviet forces almost went to war was during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Neither Obama nor Putin is crazy enough to want to repeat that.

2.) Russia has a powerful army - While the Russian military is a shadow of its Soviet glory days, it is still a formidable force. The Russian army has about 300,000 men and 2,500 tanks (with another 18,000 tanks in storage), according to the “Military Balance 2014″  from the International Institute for Strategic Studies. Its air force has almost 1,400 aircraft, and its navy 171 ships, including 25 in the Black Sea Fleet off Ukraine’s coast.

U.S. forces are more capable than Russian forces, which did not perform impressively during the 2008 Russo-Georgia War. American troops would enjoy better training, communications, drones, sensors and possibly better weapons (though the latest Russian fighter jets, such as the T-50, could be trouble for U.S. pilots). However, better is not good enough. The Russian military is not composed of lightly armed insurgents like the Taliban, or a hapless army like the Iraqis in 2003. With advanced weapons like T-80 tanks, supersonic AT-15 Springer anti-tank missiles, BM-30 Smerch multiple rocket launchers and S-400 Growler anti-aircraft missiles, Russian forces pack enough firepower to inflict significant American losses.

3.) Ukraine is closer to Russia - The distance between Kiev and Moscow is 500 miles. The distance between Kiev and New York is 5,000 miles. It’s much easier for Russia to send troops and supplies by land than for the U.S. to send them by sea or air.

4.) The U.S. military is tired - After nearly 13 years of war, America’s armed forces need a breather. Equipment is worn out from long service in Iraq and Afghanistan, personnel are worn out from repeated deployments overseas, and there are still about 40,000 troops still fighting in Afghanistan.

5.) The U.S. doesn’t have many troops to send - The U.S. could easily dispatch air power to Ukraine if its NATO allies allow use of their airbases, and the aircraft carrier George H. W. Bush and its hundred aircraft are patrolling the Mediterranean. But for a ground war to liberate Crimea or defend Ukraine, there is just the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Italy, the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit sailing off Spain, the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment in Germany and the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

While the paratroopers could drop into the combat zone, the Marines would have sail past Russian defenses in the Black Sea, and the Stryker brigade would probably have to travel overland through Poland into Ukraine. Otherwise, bringing in mechanized combat brigades from the U.S. would be logistically difficult, and more important, could take months to organize.

6.) The American people are tired - Pity the poor politician who tries to sell the American public on yet another war, especially some complex conflict in a distant Eastern Europe nation. Neville Chamberlain’s words during the 1938 Czechoslovakia crisis come to mind: “How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing.”

7.) America‘s allies are tired - NATO sent troops to support the American campaign in Afghanistan, and has little to show for it. Britain sent troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, and has little to show for it. It is almost inconceivable to imagine the Western European public marching in the streets to demand the liberation of Crimea, especially considering the region’s sputtering economy, which might be snuffed out should Russia stop exporting natural gas. As for military capabilities, the Europeans couldn’t evict Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi without American help. And Germans fighting Russians again? Let’s not even go there.

This doesn’t mean that war is impossible. If Russia invades the Baltic States to “protect” their ethnic Russian minorities, the guns could indeed roar. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are NATO members. What would Ronald Reagan have done if the Soviets had invaded West Germany? Barack Obama would face more or less the same question in a Baltic crisis, or if a Ukraine conflict spills over into fellow NATO member Poland.

However, talk of using military force against Russia over Ukraine is just talk. It will stay that way.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2014/03/05/7-reasons-why-america-will-never-go-to-war-over-ukraine/

Last Bullet: Take a look at the face of this former KGB Spy & his deputy, and tell me if they look scared of America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by gatiano(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
ha! you don't have any idea what america has stock up, as a matter of fact the only thing that they have left is their weapons. their navies is strategically placed almost on every countries' doorsteps with their subs fully loaded. see what they are doing in russia's doorsteps, ordinary sactions has exposed russia's weakness, china? no way, africa? just pitch one tribe against the other. america will definitely fall, which has already began (with severe weather). but that fall will be to GOD'S glory alone, none will share in it.

alone
Omololu007: i dont bliv dis,,if euro and russian military face d US military,,america will b invaded,,infact amrica will fall yakata.america and d south koreans couldnt defeat north korea and china(dey were supply weapons by d USSR),during d korean war,so i dont fink dy can defeat dos countries u listd up dia
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by philantoxx(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
on a real tho..Russia will edge it.US only talk a lot cause they control d press.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by tomakint: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
philantoxx: on a real tho..Russia will edge it.US only talk a lot cause they control d press.
You know your history intuitively which is good! I think on a scale of 100 I will score the Russians an 85 compared to 70 for the US when it come to planning, strategizing and delivering in the art of war. The Nuclear warheads of the Russians alone can mass-destroy the whole world 12 times over....The US got nothing on the Russians no doubt.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by philantoxx(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
tomakint:
You know your history intuitively which is good! I think on a scale of 100 I will score the Russians an 85 compared to 70 for the US when it come to planning, strategizing and delivering in the art of war. The Nuclear warheads of the Russians alone can mass-destroy the whole world 12 times over....The US got nothing on the Russians no doubt.
true bro...I follow this rivalry keenly.and it seems d Americans are the cry babies.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by xp17(m): 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
oyewolestephen: Anybody can win. It is not my village that is fighting, so I wish them happy fight
sir, your village will suffer more than the original target. the US and Russia have built enough defense to intercept those nuclear gadgets to your village and its surroundings. don't be surprised, when the fatalities in Asia , Africa, and parts of Europe is more in the war, than those fighting.

abi, you think say na ground war?
when to elephants fight.... complete am.

everyone will lose Jor.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by kernel504(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
tomakint: @ kernel504, you raised some valid points in your last post which I quite agreed with you, however on a contrary view is your position on the efficacy between the CIA and the defunct KGB while the former blend propaganda with secrecy the latter is a perfect image of espionage as it should be done, only the Mossad come close when utmost Secrecy is to be spelt out as it is in the Espionage world. CIA is overrated my brother!

My brother I read much about espionage and the military.
Espionage is not all about spying military insurgency only. We have economic espionage, which CIA does to help America companies to edge out other international competitors in binding for international contracts. Economic GDP of the two countries cannot be compared.
Imagine American government crippling Russian economy with sanctions, and Putin was busy ranting on twitter.
Let me quote Obama "Our reach is long".
Imagine ISIS... Shouting when America came out, they couldn't even fight,but fizzled out.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by patwilly(m): 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
even Napoleon could not conquer Russia. unfortunately he learnt the hard way.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 29, 2014
most of the comments here are just sentimental bull crap. every logical thinker knows that when it comes to the art of war america is the most tested and trusted party. russias end game always falls back to their nuclear capacity and that is the only leverage they have, that is why one of their military topbrass was pushing for them to change their nuclear system from 2nd strike to first strike capability some weeks ago. why do you think they carried out their latest nuclear test? they are scared to shit of the usa and the influence it wields. and as for the comment that usa cannot function without its allies, u and i know that is bullshit because the usa contributes about 70 percent to nato and the only reason they need nato is just for its financial benefit to ease the burden of their warring
. And as for the vietnam war america won the military campaign but lost the political will and thats why they withdrew from the viets. the ratio of death was 58,000 to about over 1,000,000 vietcoms.
Re: OPINION: Russia Vs America, Should There Be War Between The Two Who Will Win? by oyewolestephen(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
xp17: sir, your village will suffer more than the original target. the US and Russia have built enough defense to intercept those nuclear gadgets to your village and its surroundings. don't be surprised, when the fatalities in Asia , Africa, and parts of Europe is more in the war, than those fighting.

abi, you think say na ground war?
when to elephants fight.... complete am.

everyone will lose Jor.
thanks for enlighten me, my mentality on the issue have change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Obasanjo Clears Air On Ptf,absolves Buhari Of Corruption!!!! / Breaking News: Obituary ,The Great Iroko IS DOWN / Has President Jonathan Relinquished His Responsibilities? Who Is In-charge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.