Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting (47298 Views)

Hands-on review of the latest TECNO F6 from 3CHUB. / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
got the f6 last week. the battery is horrible compared to my phantom A+, it charges really fast(1h.30m) and it drains really fast(i get 3 hrs on heavy usage) and the thing which bothers me the most is why would tecno provide incompatible earphones, you can only hear instrumental but no vocals unless you plug the earphones halfway which you must not shake the phone or the earphones will not work again.
other than those problems the phone is superb.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by festwiz(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
towncheerup:
got the f6 last week. the battery is horrible compared to my phantom A+, it charges really fast(1h.30m) and it drains really fast(i get 3 hrs on heavy usage) and the thing which bothers me the most is why would tecno provide incompatible earphones, you can only hear instrumental but no vocals unless you plug the earphones halfway which you must not shake the phone or the earphones will not work again.
other than those problems the phone is superb.

sorry but i beg to differ, the headphones that came with mine are perfect and working well. But the battery, Power bank and overheating is a problem
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Iamnavido: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Please add me to the group 08130973803
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Royalization(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2014
Tecno f6 whatsapp group has been created, to get added drop your number

Add me 08167084208
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 1:40am On Nov 11, 2014
Pls i need recovery.img file for this Tecno F6 for flashing cwm recovery. Expecting your assistance
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by gidieberry(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
gorgeousnogo:
hi, pls help. I want to buy a new phone. My budget is 30-35k. So, i'm thinking of getting tecno, bb, samsung or anyother better one. I want a flat screen phone with no buttons. I dont really know much about specifications. So, pls give me any great idea. This will be my first smart phone and i want to get it right. Thanks
Is it an android fone, a windows fone or a bb 10 device u wan buy, specify and guidance wud b given 2 u
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Uman01:
I'm still trying out several options to root the phone. Framaroot, Easyroot, rootmaster, VRoot, root genius, kingo root, Eroot, No luck yet!

However, I have been able to flash CWM, make a full flashable Stock Rom and backup my Tecno F6

Yea, Tecno F6 has OTA

You are not the only one, I guess that's why they included a power bank

@sunniest, how did you root yours?

what is d size of your flashable stock rom
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
salmaz:
Pls i need recovery.img file for this Tecno F6 for flashing cwm recovery. Expecting your assistance

This will help you
Cwm
androidvillaz..com/2014/07/how-to-install-cwmcustom-revocry-on.html?m=1
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by gorgeousnogo(f): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
gidieberry:

Is it an android fone, a windows fone or a bb 10 device u wan buy, specify and guidance wud b given 2 u
i dnt really know but bb is out
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 6:21am On Nov 12, 2014
Emmyactor:

This will help you
Cwm
androidvillaz..com/2014/07/how-to-install-cwmcustom-revocry-on.html?m=1
Thanks pal. I've been able to flash cwm recovery to the phone and got some cool fonts installed. You're appreciated!
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Defaramade(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2014
gorgeousnogo:
i dnt really know but bb is out
The best u can get with ur budget(35k) is the LG L90 D405 or D410 (the dual sim variant). The phone gives u great value for ur money, u won't regret buying it one bit.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by uteee(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2014
is d battery of dis f6 removable?
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by festwiz(m): 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
uteee:
is d battery of dis f6 removable?
yes
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by gorgeousnogo(f): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Defaramade:
The best u can get with ur budget(35k) is the LG L90 D405 or D410 (the dual sim variant). The phone gives u great value for ur money, u won't regret buying it one bit.
wot of tecno r7
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Defaramade(m): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
gorgeousnogo:
wot of tecno r7
Tecno r7 is good too but the price is about 45k.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by gidieberry(m): 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Defaramade:
d lg l90 is ghud bt stil nt d@ good, y d screen is a qHD screem 540*960... It is better 4 u 2 get a uk used samsung s3 at most 28K n use d rest 2 buy a 2Amp charger+flip case+earpiece, d fone don turn new b d@..and u can even instal custom roms on it d@ wud make d fone interface appear like s5 or note 4..LG l90 is nt a beta offer if u knw about fone very well, d processor snapdragon 400 is nt as ghud as mtk6592 found on infinix zero n innjoo is2
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by edufreshy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
i need tecno f6 system.img file it was missing from my backup and my devices is bricked .............thanks brother s its not a large file thanks....and i will reward the uploader
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by edufreshy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
f6 users pls system.img file pls
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by techishkenya: 12:48am On Nov 17, 2014
The Tecno F6 has a list of so many problems. How can a company release a phone that overheats this badly? The problems range from camera to the lockscreen or is it only the Kenyan models? -->> http://tech-ish.com/problems-with-tecno-f6/
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by festwiz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
techishkenya:
The Tecno F6 has a list of so many problems. How can a company release a phone that overheats this badly? The problems range from camera to the lockscreen or is it only the Kenyan models? -->> http://tech-ish.com/problems-with-tecno-f6/
the only problem encountered here thus far is battery and overheating. The remaining might be kitkat limitations or problems
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by rotimi6i9(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
08108434297 plz add me 2 d group
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by mrrobhamisi(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
salmaz:

@salmaz hey, do you still have f6 with you? i did brick mine please can you help? +255717777550 whatsapp me
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by mrrobhamisi(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Uman01:
Just got the new Tecno F6 phone. Does anyone know the best procedure to root the phone? Will appreciate your candid responses

@uman1 bro i need your help please whatsapp me +255717777550
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Uman01: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
mrrobhamisi:

Do you live in Lagos? If you do, I can help you fix it. However, if you prefer to do it yourself, let me know. I will send you the files, cheers
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Uman01: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
mrrobhamisi:

Uman01:

Do you live in Lagos? If you do, I can help you fix it. However, if you prefer to do it yourself, let me know. I will send you the files, cheers

Do you have CWM recovery on phone? Can Your phone boot into CWM recovery, if it can, relax, your phone will come back alive.

If not, don't worry, we will work around it.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by rotimi6i9(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
08108434297 plz Add me 2 d group
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2014
I saw a notification on my phone this morning that "system update is available". Can i go ahead with the system update despite having a cwm recovery installed. Won't it there be system crash if i do the OTA update despite not having stock recovery. Pls i need expert advice!

Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Uman01: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
salmaz:
I saw a notification on my phone this morning that "system update is available". Can i go ahead with the system update despite having a cwm recovery installed. Won't it there be system crash if i do the OTA update despite not having stock recovery. Pls i need expert advice!

I also received it. It is advisable not to do OTA update with custom recovery install. You may encounter errors. It may not necessarily brick your phone. If you inquisitive, you may want to try it to see if the custom recovery will work with the new update.

You have the following options though:

1. Flash stock recovery before updating
2. Wait for a Dev to create a flashable update that use custom Recovery (often a day or two after a new release)
Note: if you have tampered with your system files, you may need to flash stock ROM to update.
You may lose access to root after update.

I hope this helps
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 4:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Uman01:

I also received it. It is advisable not to do OTA update with custom recovery install. You may encounter errors. It may not necessarily brick your phone. If you inquisitive, you may want to try it to see if the custom recovery will work with the new update.

You have the following options though:

1. Flash stock recovery before updating
2. Wait for a Dev to create a flashable update that use custom Recovery (often a day or two after a new release)
Note: if you have tampered with your system files, you may need to flash stock ROM to update.
You may lose access to root after update.

I hope this helps
Thanks. I'll wait for Dev flashable update as i don't have the stock recovery backup. Anyway just curious what the new firmware update offers. Still flexing my TF6 as it is for now
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by edufreshy(m): 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
@mrrobhamisi:can u please send me the system.img file from ur backup here's is my number .....u are saving a life by doing so 07067520203....email....edufreshy4@gmail.com
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 21, 2014
I am using the Tecno F6 and it does not overheat it's really perfect.

Although I just installed the OTA update but I see no difference :/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Mtn From Deducting My Airtime during browsing ? / Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / List Of Nokia Lumia Smartphones With Prices And Specifications In Nigeria (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.