Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? (18820 Views)

After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? / Sins That Can Either Take You To Hell Fire Or Lake Of Fire - Your Choice / Is The Fear Of Hell What Keeps Xtians In Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Brown47: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

Okay, let me see if you can handle this.....As i said earlier on, hell is temporal. The Lake of Fire is eternal. Hell is where wicked souls go to await their trial in the Day of Judgment. After they are found guilty, they are then sentenced to eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire. The Sun that you see everyday is the Lake of Fire. God will then remove the Sun out of our Milky Way galaxy.

‎1 MILLION EARTHS CAN FIT INTO THE SUN! That makes the Sun (being the Lake of Fire) more than large enough to accommodate every demon, every fallen angel and every evil human. Moreover, because of the intensity of its gravitational pull, that makes it literally impossible for fallen angels--though winged creatures--to fly from off the Sun's surface. Once cast into the Sun, no rebel against God shall ever escape!

is the temporal hell a place of torture?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Olusanm: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2015
If u make heaven and your brother whom you love made hell, will you still be happy in heaven knowing yr brother is in hell. Since heaven is a place of joy. Don't think there is a place called hell where God punish evil doers or sinners. The Bible said God's love endureth forever. The wages of sin is death not helll fire. If you as a loving father burns your son's finger with candle fire even for five minutes because he stole 2 pieces of meat from the soup pot. Will you be given a pat in the back for good punishment? Haba think now.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Minet16(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Varagous:

its a spirit.

ojaydedon:

wow.. Nw am lost

death and hell are personalities whereas they are spirits... that's why they 'll be punished on the last day
Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Dekatron(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2015
RELIGION IS SCAM!! Nothing like HELL or LAKE OF FIRE.

Its illogical

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Minet16(m): 10:37am On Jun 14, 2015
Brown47:

is the temporal hell a place of torture?

sure it is... the diff b/w hell and lake of fire is that hell is temporary while lake of fire is eternal... also in hell demons aren't tormented, rather they torment people, but on the last day, at the lake of fire they'll be tormented
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Dekatron(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

Okay, let me see if you can handle this.....As i said earlier on, hell is temporal. The Lake of Fire is eternal. Hell is where wicked souls go to await their trial in the Day of Judgment. After they are found guilty, they are then sentenced to eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire. The Sun that you see everyday is the Lake of Fire. God will then remove the Sun out of our Milky Way galaxy.

‎1 MILLION EARTHS CAN FIT INTO THE SUN! That makes the Sun (being the Lake of Fire) more than large enough to accommodate every demon, every fallen angel and every evil human. Moreover, because of the intensity of its gravitational pull, that makes it literally impossible for fallen angels--though winged creatures--to fly from off the Sun's surface. Once cast into the Sun, no rebel against God shall ever escape!
Johnnydon22, u are needed. Plaetton and menesheh, over to u

This one strong o. He is even saying the sun is lake of fire. That means the heat from burning of your fore fathers had been powering your planet. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe. Your Forefather of 3000 years ago, u just used his flesh to power your solar panel. Lol

Did u take basic secondary science at all? You are clueless (no offeinse. Lol)

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by meforyou1(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Kirinwa:
Hell is like cell while lake of fire is like prison.
Hell is 'bearable' compared to lake of fire.Hmm I don't wish it on anyone.

Satan, demons, sinners who died unrepented, death and hell will be cast into lake of fire which I the second death.
Cast into the lake after spending how long in hell?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by meforyou1(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2015
Dekatron:
RELIGION IS SCAM!! Nothing like HELL or LAKE OF FIRE.

Its illogical
So al queda, ISIS, boko haram etc have been killing people for nothing? This is a strong one
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by lovely17(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2015
Kirinwa:
Hell is like cell while lake of fire is like prison.
Hell is 'bearable' compared to lake of fire.Hmm I don't wish it on anyone.

Satan, demons, sinners who died unrepented, death and hell will be cast into lake of fire which I the second death.
you just confused matters whats cell what's prison
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by brainpowerng(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2015
What a nasty question.

And even WHEN you know the difference, what difference does that make? It doesn't negate the fact that Hell, heaven and Lake of fire exist. The choice is yours to decide where you like to go.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Weah96: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2015
Who among you all has ever been dead before? Who among you knows someone who died and came back? This entire thread is about the afterlife and yet we are all alive. HAHAHA. Whichever god you serve should value honesty, not silly lies. If you're opening your mouth to tell me about hell then you couldn't possibly have the fear of your mother, let alone God. Hell conversations should begin like this "the bible says...the bible says." Don't try to explain what you cannot know, that's like an act of insult or even aggression.

2 Likes

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2015
MrPresident:

when you stop reading those archaic primitive middle-east history books,

both hell and lake of fire will disappear from your mind.

live a good life and be good to others, ......thats all

religion is a scam!
But thre was once a man called pharaoh....are you saying moses crossing the red sea was a scam too....what about the birth of jesus (issa) the son of maryam, or the man called mohammed who neither know how to read or write but said so many things that the science give proof of..e.g Embryology.
My brother what if those books are a clear signs and warnings, prepare your answers if they turn out to be true.
Incase you are ask.

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by elderhimself(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

What is he saying ?
@bold ... So hell is no more a burning fire ?

Okay, death been cast into lake of fire doesnt mean torture BUT means death will be no more that means those cast into lake of fire will simply be no more cool

If death and also those cast into the lake of fire will be "no more",.....does it mean we have the wrong understanding and teachings where we r taught and understood that the people and everything else cast into the lake of fire will not die or "vanish" but rather be burning and burning and burning and burning........till infinity ?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by peleson: 11:54am On Jun 14, 2015
MizJanet:

What is he saying ?
@bold ... So hell is no more a burning fire ?

Okay, death been cast into lake of fire doesnt mean torture BUT means death will be no more that means those cast into lake of fire will simply be no more cool
You my friend sounds jehova's Winess
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Brown47:

ojaydedon:

‎"HELL FROM BENEATH IS MOVED FOR THEE TO MEET THEE AT THY COMING: it stirreth up the dead for thee" (Isa. 14:9). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. Hell was created by God to serve as an incinerator for moral garbage. It is a place where the souls of the wicked go (because they, by choice, are moral garbage) when their bodies die.

‎"THE WAY OF LIFE IS ABOVE TO THE WISE, THAT HE MAY DEPART FROM HELL BENEATH" (Prov. 15:24). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. Many atheists and agnostics who have died and were resuscitated while in the care of paramedics or surgeons testified to having gone to Hell and experiencing intense heat and multitudinous screams of people in pure torment.

"BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (Mt. 9:47,48). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. The souls that are in Hell are smothered with indestructible maggots and engulfed in unquenchable fire. All because, in their lifetime, "they received not the love of the Truth that they might be saved" (2 Thess. 2:10).

‎"THEREFORE HELL HATH ENLARGED HERSELF, and opened her mouth without measure" (Isa. 5:14). Hell has to undergo periodic renovation in order to accommodate the multitude of unrighteous souls dropping into her everyday from all over the world. Wherefore, "seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness" (2 Pet. 3:17).

‎"AND IN HELL HE LIFT UP HIS EYES, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom" (Lk. 16:23). People in Hell are in torment. People in Hell can see. People in Hell can see afar off. People in Hell can see, recognize and remember people they knew during their lifetime on Earth. Hell is a literal place, a place you must purpose in your heart not to end up in through holiness or almsgiving.

"AND HE CRIED AND SAID, FATHER ABRAHAM, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame" (Lk. 16:24). People in Hell can talk. People in Hell can see and talk to people in Abraham's Bosom. Abraham's Bosom (also called "Paradise" by Jesus - Lk. 23:43) is directly adjacent to Hell. People in Hell are being tormented with fire.

‎"AND BESIDES ALL THIS, BETWEEN US AND YOU THERE IS A GREAT GULF FIXED: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence" (Lk. 16:26). God created a notable chasm so people from Hell cannot escape into Abraham's Bosom, neither can those in Abraham's Bosom cross over into Hell with water to alleviate the suffering of the damned.

"FEAR NOT THEM WHICH KILL THE BODY, BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO KILL THE SOUL: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Mt. 10:28). Jesus exhorts the wicked to be afraid of the God who has the power to cast them, body and soul, into Hell just as He sent Korah and his fellow rebels to Hell, alive! That is why a life of obedience to the one true God is essential to experiencing eternal bliss.

THIS COMPLETES MY 8-PART SERIES ON HELL. We learned: Hell is an incinerator with fire and maggots far beneath the surface of the Earth. God places wicked souls in Hell. God places them in Hell because they are moral garbage. People in Hell are tormented. Hell undergoes periodic renovation to accommodate a steady influx of newcomers. People in Hell can see, talk, feel and remember. Those in Hell could have avoided it.

As the world is drawing to an end, are you faithful to the assignment God gave you to do? Follow the example of your senior brother, our Lord and personal saviour, Jesus Christ as it is written, "I HAVE GLORIFIED THEE ON THE EARTH: I HAVE FINISHED THE WORK which Thou gavest Me to do" (Jn. 17:4)! How do you glorify God on the Earth? By completing the assignment He gave you. But you have allowed yourself to be distracted so long that your God-given assignment is sitting on the shelf gathering dust, rusting away into oblivion because of your unthinkable neglect. Time to change all of that and be about your Faith.

Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you" (1 Sam. 12:23)

Peace!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by imbless: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
thank you my good friend for this reply, she called christians clueless but she did not know how clueless her post is, if death is not a spirit then what is it?
so if death is a spirit it means that when plants wither, other animals like fish and insect, reptiles dies,their death is caused by the spirit of death smh.
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by atoleybaba(m): 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
indeed, you are lost, you know nothing about the bible.
[b][/b]actually you are d one lost has u av turn bible upside down to fit your false teaching....all are questions should be answered Buh u guys look confuse...imagine someone saying hell has to meaning you guys are as confuse as anything else
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by peleson: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

Oga! Very nice and nice indeed!
Remember the sun is one of the smallest stars! So what can u call the bigger stars? Sea of fire? And the bigger bigger stars ocean of fire?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by atoleybaba(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
dolphinheart:

No one is answering my question o
me I can personally refer u to jw.org to find answers to any of ur questions....but first I must tell u. There is ntn like hell fire the hell mention in d bible means grave and lake of fire was an illustration to d Jews who threw their refuse in a place called Gehenna the fire in Gehenna is always burning Buh was a refuse dump..so that lake of fire means everlasting destruction of bad things and not a place of eternal torment..you will understand better if u visit that site
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by peleson: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
dolphinheart:

Death is a condition, the inability of the body to maintain the life in it. If you cut someones throat, he bleeds and die!.
It then means Adam and Eve before eating the forbidden fruit would grow back their throats if cut?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by harizonal123(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hell and hell fire are not same
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by peleson: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
cc ojaydedon, Gombs, MizJanet, Presidency25, malvisguy212, dolphinheart, INTROVERT, Freemanan, charlesbible14, Lovine, Brown47

Lake Of Fire and Hell, are not the same thing. Their differences are explained as follows:

Hell is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Sheol is, what is in the original Hebrew text for hell
in other words, hades or hell was the Greek substitution for Sheol

As a matter of fact, Hell actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, hades

Hades incidentally was the ancient Greek god of the underworld.
The god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is what Sheol is or signifies

Gehenna is a valley, in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire
(i.e. a place of destruction, as in a palce for destroying via incineration)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem
Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead
It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root
It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol, with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

The vital point here is that the Jews DO NOT HAVE THE Greek idea or concept of Hades/Hell

Hell is a greek concept, Jews never had hell, they never shared the Greek mythology of hell.
They had sheol quite alright
they definitely were aware of sheol, abraham's bosom or paradise but not the Greek hell mythology

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
- Is an interim place called hell or hades where people go to and languish in torment pending the white throne judgement?
No, there is not an interim place called hell or hades where people go to and languish in torment pending the white throne judgement
That is part of Greek mythology
What exists, is, Sheol, which had two sections with a dividing gulf
Those initially in the good side of Sheol (i.e. Abraham's bosom) are now in Paradise

- Is there eternal torment for the wicked after the second death?
No, no there is NO ETERNAL torment or punishment for the wicked.
"Eternal torment" is a misinterpretation or mistransliteration of the original Aramaic/Greek text.

The fact and truth of the matter is, just like the flames of Gehenna, the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem effectively & thoroughly burnt the rubbish, so will death and the wicked be destroyed in a thorough manner, after the second death, the second death being the Lake of Fire
- when something is destroyed in a thorough manner, it means it is eternal, as in, eternal means, it is permanent, no returning to, no going back to etc.
U sound Jehova's witness likewise
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by thamarvelz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Varagous:
hell is a temporary place... it and death will be swalowed up on d last day.

Are u a JW
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by peleson: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

‎"HELL FROM BENEATH IS MOVED FOR THEE TO MEET THEE AT THY COMING: it stirreth up the dead for thee" (Isa. 14:9). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. Hell was created by God to serve as an incinerator for moral garbage. It is a place where the souls of the wicked go (because they, by choice, are moral garbage) when their bodies die.

‎"THE WAY OF LIFE IS ABOVE TO THE WISE, THAT HE MAY DEPART FROM HELL BENEATH" (Prov. 15:24). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. Many atheists and agnostics who have died and were resuscitated while in the care of paramedics or surgeons testified to having gone to Hell and experiencing intense heat and multitudinous screams of people in pure torment.

"BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (Mt. 9:47,48). Hell is a literal place beneath the surface of the Earth. It is located at the Earth's core. The souls that are in Hell are smothered with indestructible maggots and engulfed in unquenchable fire. All because, in their lifetime, "they received not the love of the Truth that they might be saved" (2 Thess. 2:10).

‎"THEREFORE HELL HATH ENLARGED HERSELF, and opened her mouth without measure" (Isa. 5:14). Hell has to undergo periodic renovation in order to accommodate the multitude of unrighteous souls dropping into her everyday from all over the world. Wherefore, "seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness" (2 Pet. 3:17).

‎"AND IN HELL HE LIFT UP HIS EYES, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom" (Lk. 16:23). People in Hell are in torment. People in Hell can see. People in Hell can see afar off. People in Hell can see, recognize and remember people they knew during their lifetime on Earth. Hell is a literal place, a place you must purpose in your heart not to end up in through holiness or almsgiving.[color=#990000][/color]

"AND HE CRIED AND SAID, FATHER ABRAHAM, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame" (Lk. 16:24). People in Hell can talk. People in Hell can see and talk to people in Abraham's Bosom. Abraham's Bosom (also called "Paradise" by Jesus - Lk. 23:43) is directly adjacent to Hell. People in Hell are being tormented with fire.

‎"AND BESIDES ALL THIS, BETWEEN US AND YOU THERE IS A GREAT GULF FIXED: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence" (Lk. 16:26). God created a notable chasm so people from Hell cannot escape into Abraham's Bosom, neither can those in Abraham's Bosom cross over into Hell with water to alleviate the suffering of the damned.

"FEAR NOT THEM WHICH KILL THE BODY, BUT ARE NOT ABLE TO KILL THE SOUL: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Mt. 10:28). Jesus exhorts the wicked to be afraid of the God who has the power to cast them, body and soul, into Hell just as He sent Korah and his fellow rebels to Hell, alive! That is why a life of obedience to the one true God is essential to experiencing eternal bliss.

THIS COMPLETES MY 8-PART SERIES ON HELL. We learned: Hell is an incinerator with fire and maggots far beneath the surface of the Earth. God places wicked souls in Hell. God places them in Hell because they are moral garbage. People in Hell are tormented. Hell undergoes periodic renovation to accommodate a steady influx of newcomers. People in Hell can see, talk, feel and remember. Those in Hell could have avoided it.

As the world is drawing to an end, are you faithful to the assignment God gave you to do? Follow the example of your senior brother, our Lord and personal saviour, Jesus Christ as it is written, "I HAVE GLORIFIED THEE ON THE EARTH: I HAVE FINISHED THE WORK which Thou gavest Me to do" (Jn. 17:4)! How do you glorify God on the Earth? By completing the assignment He gave you. But you have allowed yourself to be distracted so long that your God-given assignment is sitting on the shelf gathering dust, rusting away into oblivion because of your unthinkable neglect. Time to change all of that and be about your Faith.

Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you" (1 Sam. 12:23)

Peace!!!

So one can avoid going to hell by being. Philantropist!no wonder the rich likes of dangote,danjuma, bill gate after their
Wicked ways donate to the poor just so they go to paradise
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by azidomedogo: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hell is reception while lake of fire is the Mainhall
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Gombs

1 Corinthians 15 v26
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

How do you qualify an entity that's being in existence since the beginning of time? Why will an entity that's a condition, like you erroneously implied, be termed an enemy that shall be destroy

Very Silly Post , because something is called an enemy . It automatically means it a person ! Wow , such foolish thinking will means Mathematics is a person since its an enemy of many students.

Religion has really brainwashed you , you need to grow up man .
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by ojaydedon(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
cc ojaydedon, Gombs, MizJanet, Presidency25, malvisguy212, dolphinheart, INTROVERT, Freemanan, charlesbible14, Lovine, Brown47

Lake Of Fire and Hell, are not the same thing. Their differences are explained as follows:

Hell is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin

Sheol is, what is in the original Hebrew text for hell
in other words, hades or hell was the Greek substitution for Sheol

As a matter of fact, Hell actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, hades

Hades incidentally was the ancient Greek god of the underworld.
The god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is what Sheol is or signifies

Gehenna is a valley, in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and was used by Jesus to depict the Lake of fire
(i.e. a place of destruction, as in a palce for destroying via incineration)

As earlier mentioned, Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem
Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead
It later got interchanged with hell, which is from a German word root
It was bible translators who were substituing the original Hebrew word Sheol, with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made hell stick with us today

The vital point here is that the Jews DO NOT HAVE THE Greek idea or concept of Hades/Hell

Hell is a greek concept, Jews never had hell, they never shared the Greek mythology of hell.
They had sheol quite alright
they definitely were aware of sheol, abraham's bosom or paradise but not the Greek hell mythology

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
- Is an interim place called hell or hades where people go to and languish in torment pending the white throne judgement?
No, there is not an interim place called hell or hades where people go to and languish in torment pending the white throne judgement
That is part of Greek mythology
What exists, is, Sheol, which had two sections with a dividing gulf
Those initially in the good side of Sheol (i.e. Abraham's bosom) are now in Paradise

- Is there eternal torment for the wicked after the second death?
No, no there is NO ETERNAL torment or punishment for the wicked.
"Eternal torment" is a misinterpretation or mistransliteration of the original Aramaic/Greek text.

The fact and truth of the matter is, just like the flames of Gehenna, the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem effectively & thoroughly burnt the rubbish, so will death and the wicked be destroyed in a thorough manner, after the second death, the second death being the Lake of Fire
- when something is destroyed in a thorough manner, it means it is eternal, as in, eternal means, it is permanent, no returning to, no going back to etc.

wow.. Tnx
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by ojaydedon(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Presidency25:

It is written, "that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly." Ephesians 3:3

I will do a short but very insightful series on this tomorrow, stay connected and remain blessed.

ok sir.. Tnx
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ignorance and ignoramuses everywhere undecided
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Minet16:

... Also in hell demons aren't tormented, rather they torment people,
Brainwashed , show me the above statement from your holy book ?
Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by MizJanet(f): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
peleson:

Oga! Very nice and nice indeed!
Remember the sun is one of the smallest stars! So what can u call the bigger stars? Sea of fire? And the bigger bigger stars ocean of fire?

cheesy lol

1 Like

Re: Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? by 2dillu2(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
Varagous:
hell is a temporary place... it and death will be swalowed up on d last day.
source undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.