Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? (3042 Views)

Is Star Boy Wizkid High On Ice Again?! [MUST READ] / Download Music: Ice Prince - N-word Ft AKA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by phreakabit(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
Don't know why none of the so called hip-hop heads here never talked about this, I was hoping someone else would have made a thread weeks ago. . . . . Maybe the metaphor did a pole vault over their heads. . . Bleep DAT anyways, Finally decided to myself. Read what Aka's verse in Ice princes 'N word "said below :

[size=18pt]"Look how I put my city on the world map
Its gon take more than goodluck to bring your girl back
Bleep the hash tag, Bleep a retweet"[/size]

I am one of the people who never bought into the whole chibok girls thing, but to joke with something that sensitive is just silly and to think ice prince didn't say or do a thing? Good gracious!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Richhommie(m): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Good observation

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by dominique(f): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
What if the verse was composed before the missing girls saga? I don't think he did that to deliberately throw a jab at Nigeria.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nielbaba(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
dominique: What if the verse was composed before the missing girls saga? I don't think he did that to deliberately throw a jab at Nigeria.
listen to urself now how will he composee dat bfr d missing girls saga .is he a prophet? cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by phreakabit(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
dominique: What if the verse was composed before the missing girls saga? I don't think he did that to deliberately throw a jab at Nigeria.

Not even possible. Those words were premeditated and specifically influenced by the whole #bringbackourgirls issue.

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by nefertiitii: 12:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Same thing i said d 1st tym i heard d song angry angry

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by philantoxx(m): 9:53am On Sep 29, 2014
ice prince is lyrically poor daz y he Neva realised wat u did.I bet MI would Neva have allowed such ishhh.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by seankay(m): 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
C punchline!

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by johncozy(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
i think our musicians don't give a damn! Once they're making money,they r ok...

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by ejiro2130(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
Op I think u are taking his lines out of context

He said it's going to take more than gudluck to bring ur gal back

That's like if he takes a gal from u its going to take more than good luck to bring her back

Well I think he shouldn't make reference to that issue it's way to controversial for somebody that isn't a Nigerian to understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by ejiro2130(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
philantoxx: ice prince is lyrically poor daz y he Neva realised wat u did.I bet MI would Neva have allowed such ishhh.

Guy stop saying ice Prince is poor lyrically did u even listen to his lines or chorus on that track??

If you are better than him am sure u will be a little popular!!
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by philantoxx(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
ejiro2130:

Guy stop saying ice Prince is poor lyrically did u even listen to his lines or chorus on that track??

If you are better than him am sure u will be a little popular!!
am not an artist.don't intend becoming one.but I know good music.

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Now that is disgusting. AKA knew what he was saying and Ice Prince as an MC should have stopped him and told him to scrap that from the track.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by johncozy(m): 11:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
philantoxx:
am not an artist.don't intend becoming one.but I know good music.
abi..i hate wen pple be like 'go drop your own' i don't hv to be a footballer to tell if a player is playing poorly or below average. That's why errbody cant be a musician! I like iceprince tho wink

2 Likes

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by philantoxx(m): 5:04am On Sep 30, 2014
johncozy:
abi..i hate wen pple be like 'go drop your own' i don't hv to be a footballer to tell if a player is playing poorly or below average. That's why errbody cant be a musician! I like iceprince tho wink
exactly bro..we actually criticize those we feel have d potential to do more.I like ice,but feel he is isn't dynamic enof.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:35am On Sep 30, 2014
I thought I was the only one that noticed that pun in that verse
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2014
ejiro2130: Op I think u are taking his lines out of context

That's like if he takes a gal from u its going to take more than good luck to bring her back

Well I think he shouldn't make reference to that issue it's way to controversial for somebody that isn't a Nigerian to understand.

You are definitely r not a hip hop head, that line goes both ways.
That is what makes AKA a good lyricist, ice price shud av made him drop that line.

Dope jam by the way. AKA better than Ice my opinion

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by charlesopp(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Now that is disgusting. AKA knew what he was saying and Ice Prince as an MC should have stopped him and told him to scrap that from the track.

Funny tin is dts my best part of d song
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 01, 2014
i dint even like the song that much cus of ice's original. And i thought the op was talking about the part where AKA showed d middle finger while wearing a lagos cap. But since it's actually about this line, i gotta say, thats dope as cocaine. Sick metaphorical ishh right there. Whether he dissed naija or not it's none of my biz. Eminem dissed George Bush all d way even kanye did it. so not a big deal for me undecided

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by phreakabit(m): 5:34am On Oct 02, 2014
shockwave91: i dint even like the song that much cus of ice's original. And i thought the op was talking about the part where AKA showed d middle finger while wearing a lagos cap. But since it's actually about this line, i gotta say, thats dope as cocaine. Sick metaphorical ishh right there. Whether he dissed naija or not it's none of my biz. Eminem dissed George Bush all d way even kanye did it. so not a big deal for me undecided

You think these situations are the same?! shocked
George Bush is one man, plus Kanye and EM' are citizens of the country he Governed!!!

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by ejiro2130(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2014
godfwee:

You are definitely r not a hip hop head, that line goes both ways.
That is what makes AKA a good lyricist, ice price shud av made him drop that line.

Dope jam by the way. AKA better than Ice my opinion

Good u said it's ur opinion AKA dropped what 4 or 5 lines on the track and he's better than ice??

Yet call ur self a hip hop head.... funny
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
phreakabit:

George Bush is one man, plus Kanye and EM' are citizens of the country he Governed!!!

so?
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
shockwave91:

so?
Kanye West or Eminem would not stand a rapper from another country dissing their President or Country on one of Kanye or Eminem's track.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Kanye West or Eminem would not stand a rapper from another country dissing their President or Country on one of Kanye or Eminem's track.

how u take know??
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
shockwave91:

how u take know??
Americans are too defensive of their country. A foreign rapper would not even think to that side.

Either way, I was pointing out the Eminem and Kanye West disses do not count because they are not foreign to America.
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Americans are too defensive of their country. A foreign rapper would not even think to that side.

Either way, I was pointing out the Eminem and Kanye West disses do not count because they are not foreign to America.

well.....i don't just see the big deal

when one of our rappers ready them go diss dem back
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by lilmax(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yes he did
Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by yoji: 4:17am On Oct 11, 2014
That line was dope o! At that point goodluck had not brought the girls back, and he used his name as that was the link with painting the picture of taking another dudes girlfriend. Cool. And by the way since when did rappers have to become politically correct? Besides the song wasn't mainstream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Indifferent(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2014
To me. AKA is simply Dope. He used the 1st 2 lines of his ve rse to murder Ice Prince who in his own Verse said somthn like "I kill any rapper that happens to be on the feature". So AKA used his 1st 2 lines to Kill our wack Ice Prince.
I remember Jadakiss sayng that George Bush knocked down the 'twin tower'. In his song. Imagine that deep line.
AKA is saying we need more than good luck I.e being lucky. 2ndly saying that its not only Goodluck Ebele jonathan's responsibility to find the girls.
#DigDat

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by Indifferent(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2014
phreakabit:

My freind ! Bring back our girls is no longer a national issue. Everybody is now concerned even Bill gates, Obama etc. AKA as an African is also concerned. So he passed his message in a more intelligent and deeper way. Trying to tell us that puting # tag on "bringbackourgirls" and tweeting it is not helping matters. That we shoul work together with our president.

1 Like

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Indifferent:

My freind ! Bring back our girls is no longer a national issue. Everybody is now concerned even Bill gates, Obama etc. AKA as an African is also concerned. So he passed his message in a more intelligent and deeper way. Trying to tell us that puting # tag on "bringbackourgirls" and tweeting it is not helping matters. That we shoul work together with our president.
You my friend are a genius. It makes sense now.

LOOK AT HOW I PUT MY CITY ON THE WORLD MAP - AKA's hard work got his city noticed.
IT IS GON TO TAKE MORE THAN GOODLUCK TO BRING YO GIRL BACK - just as he worked hard for his city, we have to work to get the girls back. President Goodluck can not do it alone.
F THE HASHTAG, F THE RETWEETS - The hashtags and retweets do not mean anything. What we need to take is action.

Amazing. Now it makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Did AKA Ridicule Nigeria On Ice Princes Track? by osamaBUSH(m): 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=ejiro2130 post=26727467]Op I think u are taking his lines out of context

Dats just one way of looking at it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What We Law Students Face In Our 'black And White' Uniform? / Brand New Video By Pickin (daddy I Want 2 Drink Small Stout) / Top 10 Richest Djs In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.