Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 (742 Views)

The Fourth Dimension -Part 6 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 4 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 by Sheikwonder(m): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
In secondary school we were taught that 'a straight line is the shortest distance between 2 points'...It is important that I expatiate on that fact.

In part 1 of this series,I tried to explain the concept of 2D and 3D,and I gave examples.In this part,i'll illustrate a salient truth about dimensions...Get ready for it...

"It is IMPOSSIBLE for man to see into the fourth dimension".

Wow! Bombshell eh? I'll explain.

When I ask you to draw a straight line,you pick up a ruler and your pencil and draw a line which is between any arbitrary 2 points on an XY co-ordinate.In dimensional terms this would be the boundary between 2 points of zero dimensions,to give a straight line of 1D,the dimension of length.
A shape would be the enclosed boundary between various points on an XY co-ordinate to give us 2D or the dimensions of length and width.

But this is all math you may say,and you haven't explained what the 4th dimension is and why we can't see into it.

Just keep on following and your questions will be answered.
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
I...HATE maths!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Guy, na too much Twilight Zone dey worry you undecided
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 by Sheikwonder(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ishilove:
I...HATE maths!!! angry angry angry angry angry

You shouldn't.....

If you followed this series through,you'd observe that I deliberately left out the math part for easy comprehension....If you find any of the concepts alien,do state them;I will very much try my best to clarify to the best of my ability...... Science should be fun otherwise it is not fit for purpose....
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 by Ishilove: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sheikwonder:

You shouldn't.....

If you followed this series through,you'd observe that I deliberately left out the math part for easy comprehension....If you find any of the concepts alien,do state them;I will very much try my best to clarify to the best of my ability...... Science should be fun otherwise it is not fit for purpose....
My dear, me mind kinda zoned of when I saw X and Y. I can't help it. I've hated maths since I was old enough to hold a pen embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Benin Bye-pass Touts - Have They Vacated The Highway? / I Broke Nairaland Record For Being The First To... / Seven Hundred Year Skeletons Discovered In Leicestershire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.