Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

What To Do During NYSC Service Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What To Do During NYSC Service Year (4328 Views)

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? / Why Do Some Married Ladies Commit Adultery During NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do During NYSC Service Year by SHOPPERS(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2014
I'm one of the prospective Batch C corpers come November 2014.
My question is to current serving corpers and those who are already through with their service year......

Asides from your primary assignments, what other activities do you carry out? And majorly, will there be enough time for other things?
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Seek God n all other things shall be added unto u

2 Likes

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Eghosa1(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2014
SHOPPERS: I'm one of the prospective Batch C corpers come November 2014.
My question is to current serving corpers and those who are already through with their service year......

Asides from your primary assignments, what other activities do you carry out? And majorly, will there be enough time for other things?

There are several engaging activities you can carry out aside the compulsory PPA job. I'd advice you become closer to God during the service year and then try to study for professional courses relevant to your discipline. Self development is key to success and this period would be a fine time to begin it. Learn as much as you can from interactions with your various corps members and imbibe the spirit of teamwork.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by SHOPPERS(m): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks, it seems getting close to God is very important then. I'm also planning to go into business during my service year, is it advisable?
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Eghosa1(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
SHOPPERS: Thanks, it seems getting close to God is very important then. I'm also planning to go into business during my service year, is it advisable?

Sure. Its a good move if you do. Just have a vision and then pursue and drive it forward.
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Carmal90(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pls can I go for computer training while in camp?cos I have no knowledge of computer
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Eghosa1(m): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Carmal90: Pls can I go for computer training while in camp?cos I have no knowledge of computer
There would be basic computer training in camp. It's part of the skills acquisition and entrepreneurial development sessions. You are entitled to it. So take advantage.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by MORNDEW(m): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Get closer to God. Are corpers in their old age nd near death? I just dnt get it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by 0nyegame(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
MORNDEW:
Get closer to God. Are corpers in their old age nd near death? I just dnt get it.
lol....oboi see question o.....
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Uceegal: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
If you think that its only when you are old and near death that you would move closer to God, then you are of all men most pitiable, because you may not know when you will die

3 Likes

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by fubbyy(m): 6:42am On Oct 08, 2014
SHOPPERS:
I'm one of the prospective Batch C corpers come November 2014.

I'm also interested in this question, more comments please
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 10, 2014
This thread is full of extremists i swear grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by opeyemmmy(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2014
MORNDEW:

Evuls undecided
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Funpeter: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
fubbyy:
I'm also interested in this question, more comments please
Guy you never serve ni........
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by fubbyy(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Funpeter:
Guy you never serve ni........
something was wrong somewhere,I've missed 6 batches in 2 years,looking up to this one
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Funpeter: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
fubbyy:
something was wrong somewhere,I've missed 6 batches in 2 years,looking up to this one
sorry bro..... You say I know you wella and you where obessed with serving in calabar cos if ....... Wish you all the best.
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by bxcode(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2014
The best thing is to serve God squarely, because the life you live during your service will have a say on how the rest of your life will pan out.
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Lagusta(m): 11:58am On Oct 13, 2014
bxcode:
The best thing is to serve God squarely, because the life you live during your service will have a say on how the rest of your life will pan out.

are you sure of what you just said

Just ONE YEAR of service would determine how the rest of your life would go??

Hmmmmm
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Hormorthorshor(m): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Typing............ grin
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by jesutekome: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
I swear in your service year you are allowed to do just anything and everything. I'm presently doing alot. Studying and training in alot of courses and skills. Nothing, absolutely stops you from achieving your goals during service. Its the best time to do everything rightly and set yourself in the right path for you future. And like others have said: Get close to God. NCCF family house has got me closer to God than I could have been if I was living alone.
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by jesutekome: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
I swear, in your service year you are allowed to do just anything and everything. I'm presently doing alot. Studying and training in alot of courses and skills. Nothing, absolutely stops you from achieving your goals during service. Its the best time to do everything rightly and set yourself in the right path for you future. And like others have said: Get close to God. NCCF family house has got me closer to God than I could have been if I was living alone.
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by AdekunleIG(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: What To Do During NYSC Service Year by Kingsasian(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2015
After wasting ur various lives in the school the only advice u guys have for those of us waiting for service is to"draw closer to God". Especially now that the realities of life is now staring at your pitiable faces....lol

(1) (Reply)

6 Tips That Get You Posted To Your Choice City During Camp / Nysc Batch A15(form 2b / Photo Of Male NYSC Corper Kneeling Down Before A Female Military Officer In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.