Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road (2085 Views)

President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by anonimi: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan, weekend in Benin, Edo State, commissioned the Phase I of the Benin-Ofusu-Ore Road, with a promise to ensure that the next phase to Lagos was completed soon.

“We have intervened in a number of highways and we must fix the roads. We are committed. We must return our roads to class A roads across the country,” he said.

He promised that his administration was also focussing on rail and aviation, adding that the Federal Government decided to set up a Maritime University to train Nigerians in that sector.

On his part, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, described the Federal Government’s effort in reconstructing the road as [size=14pt]“the most outstanding intervention the road has witnessed over the years.[/size]

“What we are seeing is the outcome of a meticulous design and the appointment of a competent contractor,” Oshiomhole said, describing the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, as an architect that not only designs but one that translates his designs into reality.

He said that the road was central to the economic life of the people of Edo and the entire South-South, adding that it would attract investment to the state.

“In Edo, the people belong to a bigger party, the Federal Republic of Nigeria party. This is why you will see people decamping from left to right, right to left but no one can decamp from the Federal Republic of Nigeria. That’s what unites us,” he said.

Earlier, the Minister of Works, Onolememen, said that the Phase I of the project was 75 km long and that Phase II suffered a setback because of funding and technical challenges.

He said the project has, however, recorded over 60 percent completion, adding that 61 other roads have been completed across the country.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/j....HBYhGgiF.dpuf

It is quite encouraging to note Oshiomole acknowledge the good works of the Jonathan/Sambo federal administration despite their political differences.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2014
so?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by alabiyemmy(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Chimax15: so?

What point are you trying to make?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2014
alabiyemmy:

What point are you trying to make?
that you are stupiid
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Goddex: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2014
Lovely

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Goddex: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2014
More

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Goddex: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2014
M
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by alabiyemmy(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Chimax15: that you are stupiid

Your entire generation will forever be stupiiid

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by omanifrank(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2014
next
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by azpekuliar: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Chimax15: so?

It's commendable.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Your entire generation will forever be stupiiid
ewu

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by alabiyemmy(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Chimax15: ewu

Your entire generation are goats.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by egift(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2014
@ Comments - Nairaland Trademark grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2014
alabiyemmy:

my entire generation are goats.
good u know
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by jking001(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2014
God bless Goodluck Jonathan President Federal Republic of Nigeria and God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2014
God Bless you My Amiable President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. May God bless and keep you. Can't believe I actually did Lagos to Portharcourt in 5 hours, I mean just 5 hours.
Can't wait for you to come and commission the Oshodi/Apapa Expresswas in Lagos and rename it "GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN EXPRESSWAY".

2015 is so sure for you Sir, Confirmed!! No ant in apc can try you

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by anonimi: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gabbysky: God Bless you My Amiable President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. May God bless and keep you. Can't believe I actually did Lagos to Portharcourt in 5 hours, I mean just 5 hours.
Can't wait for you to come and commission the Oshodi/Apapa Expresswas in Lagos and rename it "GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN EXPRESSWAY".

2015 is so sure for you Sir, Confirmed!! No ant in apc can try you

The highlighted is very unnecessary even if understandable in the light of the FACT that previous federal administrations have largely abandoned doing their job which the Jonathan/Sambo team is gradually rectifying.

We need to AVOID any semblance of personality cult. He is simply doing his job.
No more, no less.
We should encourage our state governors and LGA chairmen to buckle up and do their job as well..

Let Jonathan decides IF he wants to run again next year, do his second term IF he wins and get out of Abuja so his performance can be duly assessed while someone else takes over from him.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Goddex: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
jking001: God bless Goodluck Jonathan President Federal Republic of Nigeria and God bless Nigeria.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by anonimi: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ Goddex,

Many thanks for the pictures.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by cyril10(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
The road from Benin to Ore is very pleasant to drive on, I did enjoy my driving on that road last month. They are working on the road from Ore to Ijebu-ode though a bit slow.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Akpors came to church for thanksgiving that he has bought a car. He was seen at the altar carrying two tyres and a radio set. He took the mic and thanked all for his successes and while commissioning his new tyres and radio set he announced to the congregation that he will buy the remaining parts of the car in near future. Congratulations Mr Akpos.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
I am trying hard to laugh at the joke above me.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nonybb: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
R
Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nonybb: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Jonathan is working. GEJ TILL 2019 or heaven would fall

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Phase I Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
anonimi:

The highlighted is very unnecessary even if understandable in the light of the FACT that previous federal administrations have largely abandoned doing their job which the Jonathan/Sambo team is gradually rectifying.

We need to AVOID any semblance of personality cult. He is simply doing his job.
No more, no less.
We should encourage our state governors and LGA chairmen to buckle up and do their job as well..

Let Jonathan decides IF he wants to run again next year, do his second term IF he wins and get out of Abuja so his performance can be duly assessed while someone else takes over from him.

It is very necessary please. The road should be renamed GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN EXPRESSWAY simple!

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar NOT Buhari can Reconcile Nigerians. / KADUNA 2015: APC Chairman, Bala Bantex, emerges El-Rufai’s running mate / Expose!; GEJ Nairaland Handle Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.