Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme (67731 Views)

2013/2014 SPDC (Shell) Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 SPDC Niger Delta & Rivers State Special Overseas SCHOLARSHIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by ajahexcel(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
2013/2014 SPDC JOINT VENTURE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD SCHEME

The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.

The merit-based scholarship is in two categories - the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).

National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.

Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas)

Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.

Eligible Applicants must: ·

Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels.
Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application
Submit online application at www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC
Note:
Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
Applications should be submitted online before Friday 24 October, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents

Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
School ID card
University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
Birth certificate
O' Level result and A' Levels/OND/NCE Results as applicable
JAMB Result
Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.

2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload

To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
Login with Email and Password to complete the form
After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion

Selection Your resume would be reviewed. If selected, you would be contacted.
Aptitude Test - Once selected, you would be advised of details/arrangements for the Aptitude Test via email, SMS, and a copy will also be sent to your Scholastica inbox.
Reference Checks and Background Verification Process –The SPDC JV and the appropriate examination bodies would conduct reference checks and background verification as part of the screening process prior to award; and re-verification post award.
Scholarship Offer - If selected for an award, you would be contacted by the SPDC Scholarship Team, and the terms and conditions of the award offer will be sent, along with the deadline for acceptance.

Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
1. How do I apply for the SPDC JV scholarship?
If you meet the requirements for a specific scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.

2. How often are adverts on university scholarship posted on your website?
Adverts are posted once per academic session.

3. Can I send an open application?
Unsolicited applications will not be attended to.

4. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.

5. How long do scholarship adverts remain posted on the site?
The call for scholarship applications remain on the site until the closing date which is four weeks from the date of first publication.

6. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted, ONLY if you are selected for an aptitude test.

7. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend an aptitude test. Applicants not shortlisted for the test will be notified accordingly.

8. Can I apply for more than one SPDC JV scholarship type at any given time?
NO. You are only expected to apply for one out of the two major award types (either the National Merit, or Areas of Operation Award)

9. I’m not a Nigerian, but I reside and study in an approved Nigerian university. Am I qualified to apply?
NO. Application is open to Nigerian nationals only.

10. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click SPDC JV Scholarship to apply for the scholarship.

11. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors in your application please send an email to scholastica@Dragnet-solutions.com stating your correction and account details. The field will be corrected with new information and a mail sent to you to confirm that the correction has been effected)

12. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Only corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.

13. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload

14. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.

15. I cannot find my university or course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your university is not on the list, send an email to scholastica@Dragnet-solutions.com stating the name of your Institution, location of Institution, course of study and institution’s CGPA Scale. You will be notified via email once the necessary fields have been corrected or confirmed)

16. Did you receive my application online?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by Admin@Scholastica.ng You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.

17. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.

18. I applied on paper. Can I monitor my status online?
No.

19. Does Shell charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. Shell does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.

20. WHO CAN APPLY Who is eligible for SPDC JV University scholarships?
Nigerians, who are students in universities in Nigeria (and meet the eligibility as outlined in the guidelines of the SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award).

21. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
No.

22. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.

23. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).

24. Which university may I go to, to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria - Federal, State or Private – recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

25. Does my major have to be in engineering or related sciences’ to apply for the scholarship?
No. The scholarship scheme’s eligibility criterion clearly states that it is open to students undergoing degree programmes in Nigerian universities.

26. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a university?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY, that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).

27. I am a Resident of the United Kingdom. Can I still apply for the scholarships?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.

28. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.

29. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) is he / she entitled to benefiting from the University Scholarship Scheme?
No.

30. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
No.

31. I have applied before, can I apply again this year?
No.

32. HOW TO APPLY / COMPLETING THE APPLICATION When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.

33. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award type / category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and provide all the required documentation.

34. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested. Basically, applications from all candidates must be accompanied by:
• Clear scanned copies of their University Matriculation Examination (UTME) scores;
• JAMB or University Admission Letter;
• O/Level Result;
• A/level Result (for students admitted through direct entry);
• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (at least four months old);
• A Letter of Identification from state (showing local government) of origin.
Applicants for the Operational Area Award, (in addition to the above), will be required submit two letters of identification, duly stamped and signed by:
• The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
• The Chairman / Secretary of the Community Executive Council (CEC) or the Community Development Council (CDC).

35. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.

36. In applying for scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.

37. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.

38. If I am applying for both the National and Operational Area scholarship, can I attach the same credentials to them?
No. Please note that you are expected to apply for only one award type.

39. Can I apply through the Shell Representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, SPDC has not authorized any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards the University scholarship programme. SPDC advertises its university scholarship scheme in national newspapers, its website www.shellnigeria.com and on posters sent to universities and communities. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)

Still have questions? You may want to try browsing the other categories of Frequently Asked Questions available on the Shell website. If you don't find the answer to your question or would like to discuss your concerns, please contact the SPDC JV Scholarship Team at spdc-scholarship@shell.com so that we can advise you on how best to proceed.

For enquiries and complaints:
Contact Email: spdc-scholarship@shell.com

For Technical Assistance:
Contact email: scholastica@dragnet-solutions.com
Phone number: 07088609791, 07011962033
http://www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC

http://.com/2013-2014-spdc-joint-venture-university-scholarship-award-scheme-share/

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by warlei(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Ajahexcel, as agbami awardees can we still apply and get it?
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by omobajohn58(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
Actually i was offered admission in two institutions..1st in yabatech and then UI
warlei: Ajahexcel, as agbami awardees can we still apply and get it?
my problem is dat i have yabatech admission letter and i'm still processing it so that it will change to UI admission letter on jamb website....so my question is 'is there any hope of applying using yabatech letter and attachment of d admission rejection form' cos that's how i did all my registrations in sku.......awaiting ur response @ ajah
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
My question is...I just finished my first semester exam,which means i have no GP yet...Any info bout that?

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by warlei(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Taylor184: My question is...I just finished my first semester exam,which means i have no GP yet...Any info bout that?
Wait till ur first semester results are out and use them
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
warlei:
Wait till ur first semester results are out and use them
Alrite...Gracias
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by barackodam: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2014
AJahexcel those of us from s/w can't apply hence??
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by ajahexcel(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
[size=14pt]How to Get Shell (SPDC) Past Questions and Answers For SPDC Exam[/size]

The Full Shell SPDC scholarship Past Questions and Answers to help you win the 2014 Shell SPDC Scholarship Exam is available here

Get it with just one Click.

SHELL spdc questions and Answers

It happened Last year that most candidates were in doubt of the past questions before the Shell Scholarship Exam, The Few who got the Past questions from us came back from the exam and confessed that it is likely the questions were drawn from our material.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1921653_spdcpastqanda168x300_jpegfb7b1e0b34615a0253123aed8c866d3e

Here is another Opportunity to Win the Shell SPDC Scholarship with the Past Questions and Answers from the Official Website of Nigerian University Scholarships

To get the Past Questions and Answers from Nigerian University Scholarships Admin,
Click here Now!
http://.com/shell-spdc-scholarship-past-questions-and-answers/

OR CLICK ON THE BOOK IMAGE ABOVE
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by donlexph8(m): 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
hz combination of result allowed
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by lawrenceunaa: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
modified

i have to wait for that of next yr cos I got admission this yr
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Adyrin(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Brb
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Lordseyad(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yea -yea--

I must apply for this one "In jesus name '

lol

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by austinbrown: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Why I go read all these things
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by CharlieMaria(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ook
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by trisha01(f): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
yes, yes frontpage tinz, space booked
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by fashoo2010(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Na wa o...
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Flips: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Made FP.
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by JayEye(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ok
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
One should qualify for the scholarship for reading the whole post sef....nawa

6 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by eleko1: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by eleko1: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
Q

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
FP sha grin cheesy
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by usmanktg2(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Wish you all the best!
I am a proud beneficiary of this scheme. Feel free for any questions.
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by orimion(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Did I make fp for the first time?, yep, I did!
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by Shynaboy1: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
God helps
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by DrGill(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by stanisbaratheon: 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
good
Re: 2013/2014 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme by foliman(m): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
Wetin man go come do now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Pregnant With Twins While Running Her Graduate Program Shares Story / Queen Elizabeth Shocked And Surprised With Northern Nigeria (photos) / Inside Kano Secondary School Classroom At Panshekara (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.