Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,334 members, 7,864,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor (1443 Views)

Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu / We Have No Hand In Ekweremadu’s Invitation By Police – APC / Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Omooba77: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, on Monday said he knew nothing about the controversial $9.3m smuggled into South Africa by two Nigerians and an Israeli, using his private jet.

Oritsejafor broke his silence during the National Executive Council meeting of CAN at the National Christian Centre, Abuja.

The CAN leader regretted that there had been attempts in the media to link him with the incident by mischievous elements, adding that he had kept quiet all the while, because he needed to explain his position to the church which is his primary constituency.

Oritsekafor, in his address, a copy which was emailed to one of our correspondents ‎ in Kaduna State, declared that he was never a party to the movement of the $9.3m from Nigeria to South Africa to purchase arms and ammunition.

He said, “I want to assure you that I will not do anything to tarnish the image of Jesus Christ or compromise the divine standard of the church.

“As you are all aware, the media has been awashed in the past few days about an unfortunate incident involving the movement of funds from Nigeria to South Africa. In the unfortunate news reports, attempts have been made to link me directly with the transaction.

“So far I have refrained from making any direct public response pending the time that I would have brief the leaders if the church and explain my position on the issues to them.

“I believe that the primary institution that I owe any explanation to is the church.”

‎Oritsejafor added: “At the risk of being seen to be defending myself, I wish to confirm to the distinguished leaders of the church that the Bombardier Challenger 601 aircraft in question is mine. The aircraft was presented to me as a gift by members of our congregation and ministry partners worldwide at my 40th anniversary of my call into the ministry.

“May I be permitted to stress that the aircraft was not given to me by the President of Nigeria, neither was it a settlement for any political favour or patronage.

“With the benefit of hindsight, the President of the country was a guest in our church during the anniversary celebration when the jet was presented to me.”

The CAN leader explained further that “the President of Nigeria has nothing to do with the gift of the aircraft. By the way I still wonder why all those saying this, still cannot come out to show proof so that the matter can be put to rest once and for all. Let me say that this might be an issue for the courts in the near future.”

Oritsejafor who also explained the circumstances that led to the involvement of his aircraft, said “in order to ameliorate the cost of maintenance of the aircraft, I sought and got permit to allow the aircraft fly in and out of Nigeria.

“Based on this, I leased the aircraft on August 2, 2014 to a company to run it. It was the leasee that entered into an agreement with the people who carried out the transfer of funds. Having leased the aircraft to the Green Coast Produce Company Limited, any transaction undertaken with the aircraft can no longer be attached to me.

“Inasmuch as I am shocked and distressed by the incident, I wish to appeal to Christians in Nigeria to remember that a war has been waged against the Nigerian church. This war is being fought on many fronts and this unfortunate incident is another dimension in the assault against the church.

“It is clear that those who manipulated this conspiracy desire to create a schism in the church.”

According to him, “the media hype and the deliberate distortion of information that followed it confirmed that forces that desperately desire to cause division and disunity in the church are at work. Even the devil knows that a house that is divided cannot stand.

“As Christians, we need unity in the church now more than ever. We are witnessing inhuman attacks by religious extremists against Christians in the northern part of the country, while christian infrastructure is being destroyed in hundreds.

“If we permit the enemy divide us, our chances of corporate survival shall be severely threatened.

“Distinguished leaders of the church, please permit me to state clearly before God and before all of you here present today, that I am not a party to the movement of $9.3m from Nigeria to South Africa to purchase arms and ammunition. I am not part of the deal. I know nothing about it.”

‎The CAN President commended the Catholic Church for its support, particularly in refuting a distorted news item by mischievous elements in the media.

He appealed to heads of blocks that constitute CAN and head of denominations and Christian leaders at different levels and spheres of influence to use their good offices to caution and control their subordinates and followers from making public statements that will further polarise the church and strengthen the arms of the enemies of the church.

Quoting Matthew Chapter 18 verses 15 to 20, Oritsejafor said, “If I offend you or you offend me, instead of talking to media, let us talk to each other within the house of God.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-no-hand-in-9-3m-says-oritsejafor/

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Only almajiris and their supporters thought, you had anything to do with $9.3. They know, you are the boss of their sultan.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by RockMaxi: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
“Inasmuch as I am shocked and distressed by the
incident, I wish to appeal to Christians in Nigeria
to remember that a war has been waged against
the Nigerian church. This war is being fought on
many fronts and this unfortunate incident is
another dimension in the assault against the
church.
“It is clear that those who manipulated this
conspiracy desire to create a schism in the
church.”
According to him, “the media hype and the
deliberate distortion of information that followed
it confirmed that forces that desperately desire to
cause division and disunity in the church are at
work. Even the devil knows that a house that is
divided cannot stand.

If Cardinal Okogie should read the bolded..Hmm, the reply will be disastrous. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Story for the gods.
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by EdCure: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
I hope this denial is sincere and honest. Anything that brings christianity and christian leaders to ridicule should be discouraged.
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by nagoma(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cocck and Bull story , ORESTIJAFOR , tell this to the marines. A self confessed former armed robber, former cultist and former drug addict. A leopard can never change it's spots . But you cannot mock God , one by one The Lord all Mighty Will expose the atrocities you are committing in His name.

6 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Stories that touches the heart,body and soul! undecided undecided

Mtscheeew!

NEXT please!!!

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by 99100(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Sir,
We know your hands are clean.
Their anger towards you is that you are always there to defend 'Us'.
Keep it up.
The lord is your strength.

5 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Desdola(m): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Propaganda. The man is a pure PDP member in disguise.

5 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
berem: Stories that touches the heart,body and soul! undecided undecided

Mtscheeew!

NEXT please!!!
Somebody is just too silly for my liking.
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Omooba77: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
berem: Stories that touches the heart,body and soul! undecided undecided

Mtscheeew!

NEXT please!!!
Madam una need give my Pastor,benefit of doubts......
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by ntyce(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
I only need one thing from this man.

His PDP card number.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Pataki: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Pastor Ayotallah OLEJAFOR, you are simply lucky that you are operating in a lawless environment enabled by a useless government.

In saner climes, you would be reporting yourself to law enforcement agents and thoroughly explain yourself. Your private jet is detained in South Africa, you are foolishly spewing all this nonsense of war against Christians. You are a certified mad man oh! Werey somebody.

Not to worry, by the time we know the two Nigerians involved with the use of your private jet, hope you have another rejoinder in place to deny any knowledge of these criminals.

Should you not even be ashamed of yourself? I expected you to outrightly call out Jonathan to expose these people who have brought your name to shame. Alas! The criminal in you clothing itself as a man of bling-bling goat is speaking and quoting scriptures. No man can serve two masters. You either serve God or mammon! Choose ye this day, whom you shall serve. Pope JayZ of AsoRock aka machinegun pastor.

Ha! Jesu sunkun!!!

8 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Amanwulu1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Chubhie: 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
“As Christians, we need unity in the church now more than ever. We are witnessing inhuman attacks by religious extremists against Christians in the northern part of the country, while christian
infrastructure is being destroyed in hundreds.
Now, this is a coded command statement designed to turn the tide into US VS THEM{Christians VS Muslims} If the definition of Christian means christlike then, Pastor Ayo has failed the number one criteria of what being a Christian entails. Pastor Ayo today cuts the picture of a gangster and a man in showbiz. I demand that a through investigation be conducted on the true intent of the smuggled bills in south African but, when a man as Ayo have got the president in his pockets what do you expect will be the outcome? The Ayo I've come to know in the 90ties is a show and businessman to the core!

8 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Amanwulu1(m): 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
those who don't trust themselves find it impossible to trust others. So pastor I'm not surprised dat many including some pastors can't biliv u even where there is no evidence to dispute ur testimony. Dat has gone further to show dat they too can't b trusted.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by tomakint: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
nagoma: Cocck and Bull story , ORESTIJAFOR , tell this to the marines. A self confessed former armed robber, former cultist and former drug addict. A leopard can never change it's spots . But you cannot mock God , one by one The Lord all Mighty Will expose the atrocities you are committing in His name.
A.boki mana this is not a thread created for your type worry more about your 72 virgins and stop being silly!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by olaweey: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Is this a joke or something.ok.lemme get this....Out of all the jets in Nigeria,it was your jet that was used to transport 9.3Bn to southafrica,to purchase arms illegally....I thought the president said something about goin cashless.and some Nigerians on here are ready to be fooled,because they are afraid of accepting that the president of CAN can be associated with crimes such as money laundering and that President Jonathan who had no shoes can be breaking his own cashless policy rules.If a sultan was found with this amount of money,the story would have been different.I trust SA to conduct a good investigation......YOU OUT THERE SUPPORTING ORITSEJAFOR,U are the reason why Nigeria is moving backward.Say the truth and stop failing Christ.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Papa, you dont even need to bother yourself!

Baba will surely strenghten and keep you for us!

Let them continue in the deluded imaginations!

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Goddex: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cardinal Okojie needs media advisers. Thank God he is since retired and even the Catholic church he represented have since dissociated themselves from any attack on Pastor Ayo

At a ascertain age such as his, one becomes senile, and starts talking carelessly. I strongly suspect he is suffering from senility. Those media interviews with saharareporters are not from a sound mind.
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by tomakint: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
At this juncture, if Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie is still the man I used to know I think he should tender an unreserved apology to Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor for his misguided statement towards him regarding the laundered $9.3 million .......this is indeed an exposee from Pastor Oritsejafor, may God continue to bless him more!
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Concocted bull-crap... Instead of to defend himself he is trying to Play Christian Vs Muslim Card. Arms dealer Oritsejafvck, You are on your own

5 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
The more this charlatan who calls himself CAN President talks,the more he offends the sensibilities of intelligent people.

Accursed lowlifer of a man trying to deceive us with WE V THEM propaganda

I am sure not part of his Legion of the Gullibles

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
soroptimist: The more this charlatan who calls himself CAN President talks,the more he offends the sensibilities of intelligent people.

Accursed lowlifer of a man trying to deceive us with WE V THEM propaganda

I am sure not part of his Legion of the Gullibles

You seem to be so sure that he is lying, please what is the truth?

That he sent $9.3M to SA to buy arms?

For Boko Haram or for Christian Militia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by lilprinze: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
“As Christians, we need unity in the church now
more than ever. We are witnessing inhuman attacks
by religious extremists against Christians in the
northern part of the country, while christian
infrastructure is being destroyed in hundreds.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by nagoma(m): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Will Nigerian Christians rise to the occasion? Will they allow a Gods religion to be slaughtered on the alter of ungodly corrupt politicking ? Will they see The psychedelic and vituperous fancy dress Pastor as what he really is ? A political cankerworm hiding behind the church to ferment and sustain trouble and mayhem? An arms smuggler actively supported by the wealth of the state. How can this man be a Christian , let alone an exemplary leader of Christians? Will Christians identify him as what he really is ? A divisive force of the devil, a hater of peace and a criminal. Do you have the guts , do you have the courage and above all do you have true faith as a Christian to place him where he belongs - with the devil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
barcanista: Concocted bull-crap... Instead of to defend himself he is trying to Play Christian Vs Muslim Card. Arms dealer Oritsejafvck, You are on your own

You are so sure, so very sure that he is an arms dealer?

Can you enligten us further who he was purchasing the arns for?
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Goddex: Cardinal Okojie needs media advisers so he doesn't keep disgracing himself thinking he is disgracing pastor Ayo. Thank God he is since retired and even the Catholic church he represented have since dissociated themselves from any attack on Pastor Ayo

At a ascertain age such as his, one becomes senile, and starts talking carelessly. I strongly suspect he is suffering from senility. Those media interviews with saharareporters are not from a sound mind.
Cardinal Okojie was ordained a Bishop in the 70's when the bling bling hip-hop wannabe pastor Oritsejafor was still a weed smoking gangster and a thug. If anyone is suffering from senility,I think the bling-blingy should the right person.

Nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
noblezone:

You are so sure, so very sure that he is an arms dealer?

Can you enligten us further who he was purchasing the arns for?
Ogbeni, I have made my position on the Oritsejafor issue several times, there is NO WAY that he can be absolved from the issue.
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by 9jii(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
I only come here to say
TWO CHAINS
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Omooba77: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
God sees all men and hearts are bear before him....
Re: I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor by Goddex: 12:22am On Sep 30, 2014
The Nigerian govt feels this issue is a Security matter and has refraigned from addressing it publicly. That puts pastor Ayo in a tight corner because of the lack of sufficient information flow from govt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Was My Post On Terrorism Hidden??? / Open Letter To General Mohammadu Buhari. / My Discussion On Buhari's Economic Policies And Corruption In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.