Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Time To Overcome Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time To Overcome Him (652 Views)

10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / How To Overcome The Deadly Sin Of Lust / Time To Worship The African God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lk. 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

God created Adam and his descendants to be sons of God. Lucifer didn't like it, because man had the potential to be greater than angels. Lucifer rebelled against God and immediately set out to prevent man from becoming mature sons of God. He introduced sin into man, thereby alienating man from God.

What is sin?

Sin is a spirit; spirit of Satan. The fruit that Eve received from the serpent was a spirit. Eve passed the spirit on to Adam. Since the spirit is contrary to the Holy Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit departed from man. Evil spirit took over man. Man was created to do good, but the evil spirit of Satan makes him/her to do evil. Even when man knows that evil is bad, the evil spirit overpowers him/her and makes her/him to do evil.

Ro. 7:18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
Ro. 7:19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do — this I keep on doing.
Ro. 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
Ro. 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
Ro. 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
Ro. 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
Ro. 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?

Who will rescue man from the spirit of sin?

Only God can rescue man from the spirit of Satan. But since it was man who deliberately chose to receive the spirit from Satan, God has no basis to intervene. The only way out was for anther Adam to rescue the first Adam (with his descendants).

He. 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
He. 10:6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.
He. 10:7 Then I said, `Here I am — it is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will, O God.’“

God formed a new man (Adam) in the womb of Virgin Mary and overshadowed him by His Spirit. God later breathed into him His Spirit, during baptism in River Jordan. At this point in time, the new man was in the exact stage where Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden when they were tempted. Satan immediately went into action, because from this point onwards the new son of God will begin to grow in divine nature and mature into fullness of God within a period of three years. Satan tempted and tempted the new man to follow the way of Satan, but the new man (Jesus Christ) rebuffed Satan's temptations. At the close of the three years, the new man had to fulfill the purpose for which God brought him into the world. God did not bring the new man into the world to replace the old man, but rather to recover the old man. And the way to carry out this recovery was to offer himself as a sacrifice of atonement for the old man's deliberate acceptance of the spirit of Satan. The new man willingly laid down his life out of love and thereby created a way for the old man to get back to God and be saved from the spirit of Satan.

The way back to God

He. 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy.
He. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
He. 10:20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
He. 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
He. 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

By one sacrifice Jesus made perfect forever those who desire holiness. It is now time for people who desire holiness to appreciate this truth. As I stated above, it is only God who can drive the spirit of Satan out of a man. In order for God to do this, the demarcation between God and man must be removed. Only the blood of Jesus can remove the demarcation. When a man pleads the blood of Jesus to God, the demarcation is removed. The High Priest of ancient Israel demonstrated this fact by entering the Holy of Holies with blood. But it is not every man that is qualified to plead the blood of Jesus; it is only those who desire holiness and who have been baptized into Jesus Christ (water baptism). Just as man deliberately accepted the spirit of evil (Satan), man must also deliberately decide to accept the spirit of holiness.

Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Re. 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.
Re. 12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

If you hate the spirit of Satan and all the evil it has been making you to commit, continually go to God in prayer and plead the blood of Jesus and confess the redemption that Jesus Christ brought to us through his shed blood.

Ro. 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
Ro. 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Ask God to drive away evil spirit (sin) from your life by filling you with His Holy Spirit. Ask God to deliver you from every sinful habit by His Holy Spirit. Ask God to deliver you from the power of death (sicknesses, diseases, calamities) by His Holy Spirit. In the same way, you can deliver other people. In fact, there is nothing now stopping you from manifesting as a son of God. Now is the time to finally overcome Satan and all his antics. Satan will no longer prevent us from being mature sons of God.
Re: Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Ep. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Mankind was kept far away from God by the spirit of Satan that was received by Eve in the Garden of God. The blood of Jesus collapses the gap between man and God. However, faith in the blood of Jesus is not a passive thing whereby you ask Jesus to come into your heart and the blood begins to operate. No! Instead, faith in the blood of Jesus Christ is an active thing. First of all, only a person who desires the presence of God need to practice faith in the blood of Jesus.

Ps. 15:1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
Ps. 15:2 He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart
Ps. 15:3 and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbour no wrong and casts no slur on his fellow-man,
Ps. 15:4 who despises a vile man but honours those who fear the LORD, who keeps his oath even when it hurts,
Ps. 15:5 who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Any person who desires to dwell in the presence of God must be in love with holiness and have hatred for evil. So, any person that does not love righteousness and hate iniquity has no business with the blood of Jesus Christ.
Re: Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Entering the Presence of God[/size]

Re. 5:9 And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Re. 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

He. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,

Each time a person prays to God, the person enters the presence of God by faith. Actually, only a priest of God can enter the presence of God, and usually with sacrifice of blood. People complain why relating with God should be so bloody; well, we do not really know all the answers, but we do know that mankind's marriage to Satan in the Garden of Eden has something to do with it. Until our bodies are redeemed (Rom 8:23), we still need the sacrifice of blood to deal with our contamination by sin.

Jesus Christ has made it easy for anyone to be a priest of God. All that a person needs to do in order to become a priest of God is to be baptized into Jesus Christ (water baptism). The person can then enter the presence of God any time by pleading the sacrifice of the blood of Jesus Christ. For example:

Holy Father God in heaven, I come before your throne of grace in the name of Jesus Christ. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over my life. ...
Re: Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Victory over Sin[/size]

Sin is the spirit of Satan. We have not overcome Satan if we still sin. So, the ultimate victory is that over sin. Sin can be overcome generally and specifically. Following are example prayers for overcoming general and specific sins:

I plead the blood of Jesus Christ against sins in my life. The Lord Jesus Christ bore our sins in his body that we may die to sins and live for righteousness (1Pet 2:24). Holy Father, let every sin in my life be put to death by your Holy Spirit. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and enable me to live for righteousness.

I plead the the blood of Jesus Christ against hot temper in my life. Holy Father God, put to death hot temper in my life by your Holy Spirit.

The idea is that pleading the blood of Jesus enables the Holy Spirit to operate in a person. Pleading the blood of Jesus brings the presence of God.
Re: Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Freedom from Problems[/size]

Jn. 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

1Jn. 3:21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God
1Jn. 3:22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

The Bible contains a guarantee that we can receive from God anything that we ask, if only we could meet the condition that is attached. Yet, all you hear is people whining about how prayers don't get answered. Is it that the condition given for God to give us anything we ask is impossible to fulfill or what? What is the condition?

• If you remain in me and my words remain in you
• Obey his commands and do what pleases him

Remaining or abiding in Christ simply means dwelling in the presence of God; the blood of Jesus is the means to dwell in the presence of God. Christ's word abiding in a person will help the person to know what to ask from God and what not to. Obedience to God's commands and pleasing Him is the only way to remain in the presence of God.

I plead the blood of Jesus Christ against every sickness, disease or infirmity that is afflicting this body. Jesus Christ took all our infirmities and bore all our diseases; by his wounds we were healed. Holy Father God, let every sickness, disease or infirmity in this body be destroyed now by your Holy Spirit. O Lord, give life more abundantly to this mortal through your Holy Spirit. ...
Re: Time To Overcome Him by PedroJP(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2014
Wonderful message for a soul
Re: Time To Overcome Him by Kei144(m): 6:45am On Dec 06, 2014
Kei144:
Where are we now, in end time matters? Well, the 23rd September 2017 timing of the sign of Revelation 12:1-2 is fixed; it cannot change. The rapture will take place towards the end of 2017. Between now and that time, the people of God will move from fallen man (Egypt, imperfection) to immortality (Promised Land, perfection). The route from Egypt to the Promised Land is desert (tribulations). As we enter 2015, tribulations will increase.

https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014/1

In order to move from fallen nature to glory, we must learn how to overcome sin and evil spirits by the blood of Jesus Christ. The blood of Jesus brings the presence of God to us. The presence of God means the availability of divine power. The divine power makes all things possible.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Going The Way Of Turkey? / Do We Need God In Order To Be Moral? / What Is Your Say About The Grail Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.