Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal (3098 Views)

South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal / Oritsejafor Breaks Silence On $9.3m Arms Deal Saga. / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by farem: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m arms deal

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, on Monday said he knew nothing about the controversial $9.3m smuggled into South Africa by two Nigerians and an Israeli, using his private jet.

Oritsejafor broke his silence during the National Executive Council meeting of CAN at the National Christian Centre, Abuja.

The CAN leader regretted that there had been attempts in the media to link him with the incident by mischievous elements, adding that he had kept quiet all the while, because he needed to explain his position to the church which is his primary constituency.

Oritsekafor, in his address, a copy which was emailed to one of our correspondents ‎ in Kaduna State, declared that he was never a party to the movement of the $9.3m from Nigeria to South Africa to purchase arms and ammunition.

He said, “I want to assure you that I will not do anything to tarnish the image of Jesus Christ or compromise the divine standard of the church.

“As you are all aware, the media has been awashed in the past few days about an unfortunate incident involving the movement of funds from Nigeria to South Africa. In the unfortunate news reports, attempts have been made to link me directly with the transaction.

“So far I have refrained from making any direct public response pending the time that I would have brief the leaders if the church and explain my position on the issues to them.

“I believe that the primary institution that I owe any explanation to is the church.”

‎Oritsejafor added: “At the risk of being seen to be defending myself, I wish to confirm to the distinguished leaders of the church that the Bombardier Challenger 601 aircraft in question is mine. The aircraft was presented to me as a gift by members of our congregation and ministry partners worldwide at my 40th anniversary of my call into the ministry.

“May I be permitted to stress that the aircraft was not given to me by the President of Nigeria, neither was it a settlement for any political favour or patronage.

“With the benefit of hindsight, the President of the country was a guest in our church during the anniversary celebration when the jet was presented to me.”

The CAN leader explained further that “the President of Nigeria has nothing to do with the gift of the aircraft. By the way I still wonder why all those saying this, still cannot come out to show proof so that the matter can be put to rest once and for all. Let me say that this might be an issue for the courts in the near future.”

Oritsejafor who also explained the circumstances that led to the involvement of his aircraft, said “in order to ameliorate the cost of maintenance of the aircraft, I sought and got permit to allow the aircraft fly in and out of Nigeria.

“Based on this, I leased the aircraft on August 2, 2014 to a company to run it. It was the leasee that entered into an agreement with the people who carried out the transfer of funds. Having leased the aircraft to the Green Coast Produce Company Limited, any transaction undertaken with the aircraft can no longer be attached to me.

“Inasmuch as I am shocked and distressed by the incident, I wish to appeal to Christians in Nigeria to remember that a war has been waged against the Nigerian church. This war is being fought on many fronts and this unfortunate incident is another dimension in the assault against the church.

“It is clear that those who manipulated this conspiracy desire to create a schism in the church.”

According to him, “the media hype and the deliberate distortion of information that followed it confirmed that forces that desperately desire to cause division and disunity in the church are at work. Even the devil knows that a house that is divided cannot stand.

“As Christians, we need unity in the church now more than ever. We are witnessing inhuman attacks by religious extremists against Christians in the northern part of the country, while christian infrastructure is being destroyed in hundreds.

“If we permit the enemy divide us, our chances of corporate survival shall be severely threatened.

“Distinguished leaders of the church, please permit me to state clearly before God and before all of you here present today, that I am not a party to the movement of $9.3m from Nigeria to South Africa to purchase arms and ammunition. I am not part of the deal. I know nothing about it.”

‎The CAN President commended the Catholic Church for its support, particularly in refuting a distorted news item by mischievous elements in the media.

He appealed to heads of blocks that constitute CAN and head of denominations and Christian leaders at different levels and spheres of influence to use their good offices to caution and control their subordinates and followers from making public statements that will further polarise the church and strengthen the arms of the enemies of the church.

Quoting Matthew Chapter 18 verses 15 to 20, Oritsejafor said, “If I offend you or you offend me, instead of talking to media, let us talk to each other within the house of God.”

- See more at: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/must-read-pastor-oritsejafor-finally-speaks-out-on-9-3m-arms-deal/#sthash.g76VnDrb.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by klodike(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
This was expected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by flexing11(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
we have now heared from the horses mouth leasing his jet out dosent mean he knows about the deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by ogaofficer(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ok.
Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by jibbish(m): 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oritsejafor is out of d question nau, TB Joshua n Chris Oyakhilome,make una sef wash una sef away frm d stains ooo. Nobody is too big to be sincere

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Frankisu(m): 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Still climbing
Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Johncuppa(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
D church is moving forward n d gate of hell shall never prevail.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by MORNDEW(m): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
Wht do dis men of whtever dey ar serving tk us for? Which war has been waged? The one u hv waged with 50 cent, jarule, Davido, and Lil' wayne for bling bling. Or the one u waged by turning d church into political nd business entity.
Tell dat to ur foolish members not some of us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
OK.. I've read it buh y does he think this is about d xtain society nd not d image of d country?
I just don't understand why he wants us to believe they're waging war on d xtain.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by hardywaltz(m): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bling Bling OritseJETfor I would have called u an 1dio.T but after 7years on this forum dis is my 1000th post on Nairaland so I will skip till further notice.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Joy83(m): 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
May God continue to uphold His church against any attack...
May God continue to strengthen you the more sir. Never be mindful of what people say, but rather be mindful of what God says. I love you more Pastor Ayo Oritse...

Jesus Christ is coming soon!!!

7 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by MikeMoses(m): 11:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
IF u don't bliv Pastor Ayo pls "go n die"

8 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by nedu2000(m): 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
As a christian,whether pastor Ayo is guilty or not isn't the point,the question is 'why you'?why his plane?
Out of the numerous presidential fleets,jets owned by private businessmen it just had to be pastor Ayo's own.
I beg of you pastor,for the sake of the 'babies in Christ' step-down as chairman of CAN

6 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by McWhillion(m): 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
MORNDEW: Wht do dis men of whtever dey ar serving tk us for? Which war has been waged? The one u hv waged with 50 cent, jarule, Davido, and Lil' wayne for bling bling. Or the one u waged by turning d church into political nd business entity.
Seriously, do you think you made any sense?

6 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by MORNDEW(m): 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
McWhillion: Seriously, do you think you made any sense?
To you i dont but to many i did. If i hv hurt ur Daddy sori i will hurt him more.

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Ediskcab(m): 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
My Take.

1. The fact that the jet in question was leased just about a month before the SA saga raises more suspicion.

2. The god of man shld av simply stuck 2 defending himself alone rather than make inciteful allegations that some ppl r targeting the church.

3. Lastly, dis is d kind of mess pastors, Bishops, reverends etc who lust for material things find themselves. How many branches/parishes of his church r in Maiduguri, yobe nd adamawa?

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by McWhillion(m): 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
MORNDEW:
To you i dont but to many i did. If i hv hurt ur Daddy sori i will hurt him more.
And you still think you made sense right?

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by MORNDEW(m): 12:12am On Sep 30, 2014
McWhillion: And you still think you made sense right?
why dnt u say wht ur problem is or ar u Oritsejafor?

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Only God knows best.

At least he came to explain things to the public,than telling us he's waiting for the direction of the Holy spirit to give us a robust reply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by cybergee(m): 1:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Let us watch lest the devil cribs in.
Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by ayukdaboss(m): 1:39am On Sep 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by 1shortblackboy: 1:51am On Sep 30, 2014
X
Ediskcab: My Take.

1. The fact that the jet in question was leased just about a month before the SA saga raises more suspicion.

2. The god of man shld av simply stuck 2 defending himself alone rather than make inciteful allegations that some ppl r targeting the church.

3. Lastly, dis is d kind of mess pastors, Bishops, reverends etc who lust for material things find themselves. How many branches/parishes of his church r in Maiduguri, yobe nd adamawa?

Mr man are some people not targeting d church? Are u not aware of All d churches being bombed, set ablaze, Christians being killed and young christain girls abducted and forcebly converted to Islam ? Yes d church is being targetd. And wen he says d church he doesn't mean his own church he means d whole christain community in Nigeria. So stop showing shallowness by asking whether he has branches of his church in maiduguri etc

8 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 30, 2014
There is no proof yet that Pastor Ayo played any active proof in the money laundering. The media has acted irresponsibly as usual trying to tarnish his image.
That said the FG by its actions in sabotaging house investigators and nonsensical excuses shows they are complicit.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by arresa: 3:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Oritsejafor who also explained the circumstances that led to the involvement of his aircraft, said “in order to ameliorate the cost of maintenance of the aircraft, I sought and got permit to allow the aircraft fly in and out of Nigeria.

Permission from who? They banned the rest of the country from commercialize private jets, but you obtained your own special Aso Rock permit and exception to do money laundering and gun smuggling.

Your road to hell is narrow and direct for real...

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by omenka(m): 5:06am On Sep 30, 2014
MORNDEW: Wht do dis men of whtever dey ar serving tk us for? Which war has been waged? The one u hv waged with 50 cent, jarule, Davido, and Lil' wayne for bling bling. Or the one u waged by turning d church into political nd business entity.
You mean this type of war??grin

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Bennyberry(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by gratieao: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Why should you own an
aircraft in the first place
whether it was given to you
by Dangote or Bill Gates
while the people you claim
to lead die of hunger and
curable and treatable
diseases. Mr man, you dont
need an aircraft for any
reason. Sell it and use the
money to cater for the poor
and the needy . That’s your
job for mankind on this
earth.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by LajaLaba: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Load of rubbish.....Only for the gullible
Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by MisterLongman(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2014
So you are telling me that it is mere coincidence that the FG used the jet you leased out barely 2 months ago......... Pastor Ayo, do you know that all liars will go to hell fire

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by chaloner(m): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2014
nedu2000: As a christian,whether pastor Ayo is guilty or not isn't the point,the question is 'why you'?why his plane?
Out of the numerous presidential fleets,jets owned by private businessmen it just had to be pastor Ayo's own.
I beg of you pastor,for the sake of the 'babies in Christ' step-down as chairman of CAN
abeg go sleep nd comment wen u wake up

1 Like

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by chaloner(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2014
gratieao: Why should you own an
aircraft in the first place
whether it was given to you
by Dangote or Bill Gates
while the people you claim
to lead die of hunger and
curable and treatable
diseases. Mr man, you dont
need an aircraft for any
reason. Sell it and use the
money to cater for the poor
and the needy . That’s your
job for mankind on this
earth.
dat is y he lease it in other to generate money for th hungers ..... U b olodo

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ: Pastor Oritsejafor Finally Speaks Out On $9.3m Arms Deal by Samunique(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2014
It's good as he ( CAN PRESIDENT) opens up, now we can see the truth, " even though we already new" though some bad elements and denominational oriented Christians who only believe and honor just their MOGs and despise others will still come and vomit rubbish here.

God is watching!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Kills School Girl,2Truck burnt In Uromi(pix)-An appeal 2government / Breaking: From Goodluck To Bad Luck Cds By Fr Mbaka Hits Market / Freedom Of Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.