Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President (1197 Views)

Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic / Nigerian American Entrepreneur Opens New Restaurant In New England / Full Statement By The USA President On The Attack In Benghazi. A MUST READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by iukpe: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2008
Nigerians in the US are exploiting all chances for producing the next black president of the United States of America after the tenure of the President elect, Barrak Obama.

The Nigerians have said that they are already talking with prominent US politicians whose parental Nationalities can be clearly traced to Nigeria about this world political opportunity and to boost their political morale.

God bless Nigeria, God bless America!!!
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by tpia: 3:58am On Nov 07, 2008
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by KarmaMod(f): 4:03am On Nov 07, 2008
kidding?

its true. That's actually what alot of white supremacist have been saying
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by DavidDylan(m): 4:20am On Nov 07, 2008
black men shld cross over to the left and save their race too.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by pleep(m): 5:14am On Mar 15, 2011
Haha well we know thell never be an actual A.A president.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2011
What`s the benefit of having someone from your nationality as president? I dont really get the hype since no be say na my family member or anything like that.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by cap28: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
even if it were to happen, what difference would it make? the person would still be a powerless puppet of the white elite.

blacks have no real political clout in america, the fact that a black (mixed race) man is in office carrying out the dictates of a white elitist class of bankers and oligarchs makes zero difference to the vast majority of black people.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by isalegan2: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
cap28:

even if it were to happen, what difference would it make? the person would still be a powerless puppet of the white elite.

blacks have no real political clout in america, the fact that a black (mixed race) man is in office carrying out the dictates of a white elitist class of bankers and oligarchs makes zero difference to the vast majority of black people.

Cap,
If you look at it that way, then essentially, no head of state has real power - all are dancing to the beat of the puppeteers.  Did George Bush or his father have power?  As you well know, the Bushes and their cronies, the Caspar Weinbergers, James Baker, Richard Cheney, were once thought to be the real power in world politics. But I digress.

To get back to the specific of having a black president of the USA - Obama or Nigerian, does the symbolism not count?  Do you acknowledge that seeing people who look like you in "powerful" or enviable positions does something for the masses, impresionable children (and the young at heart cheesy)?  I'm not a fan of Obama, to tbe honest, and growing less so each day, to the point, I barely follow any news on the man now.  I just want your view on what, if anything, positive you can think of of having Obama or any black person in such a high position.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by cap28: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
isale_gan2:

Cap,
If you look at it that way, then essentially, no head of state has real power - all are dancing to the beat of the puppeteers. Did George Bush or his father have power? As you well know, the Bushes and their cronies, the Caspar Weinbergers, James Baker, Richard Cheney, were once thought to be the real power in world politics. But I digress.

To get back to the specific of having a black president of the USA - Obama or Nigerian, does the symbolism not count? Do you acknowledge that seeing people who look like you in "powerful" or enviable positions does something for the masses, impresionable children (and the young at heart cheesy)? I'm not a fan of Obama, to tbe honest, and growing less so each day, to the point, I barely follow any news on the man now. I just want your view on what, if anything, positive you can think of of having Obama or any black person in such a high position.

the symbolism DOES count - the fact that a black man is occupying the highest seat in the land DOES give us as a people a psychological boost and it DOES elevate our collective self esteem, however there is another side to the situation and that other side is that he does not serve the interests of us as a people but the interests of the white elite who made it possible for him to be there and that needs to be borne in mind too.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by cap28: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
just to add isale - very few heads of state in the world today act independently, many are paid puppets who do as they are told by the real power brokers - the powerful corporations and the banking elite, the ones who dont are either removed or killed.
Obama is therefore not going to be any different.

bush, cheney, clinton - were all paid up puppets complying with the dictates of the real power brokers in america.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
In what way exactly has black collective self esteem been boosted?  If anything it`s at its lowest in decades.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by birdman(m): 2:53am On Mar 21, 2011
tpiah!:

In what way exactly has black collective self esteem been boosted?  If anything it`s at its lowest in decades.

The real effect is on youngsters still in kindergarten. The self-doubt and subliminal messages that slowly permeates a black child growing up as a disenfranchised minority will never be as bad. There will always be a seed of hope there, and that is enough for a start.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by EzeUche2(m): 3:23am On Mar 21, 2011
Obama will probably be the last black president we will see in a while.
Re: A Nigerian American May Be The Next Black USA President by AjanleKoko: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2011
Pity. Rushed in here thinking there was a real story sha

(1) (Reply)

The Taliban Are About To Take Over Pakistan. / New Russian Nuclear Submarine Enters Service / David Cameron Announces War On Africa At Davos Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.