Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,795 members, 7,844,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Are Left Handed People Overhyped ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Left Handed People Overhyped ? (563 Views)

Opinion:education(formal) Is Overhyped In Nigeria / If You Haven't Registered Jamb 2014,be Quick,only Badagry And Epe Are Left 4 Ppt / Are Left Handed Children Still Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Left Handed People Overhyped ? by tosyne2much(m): 5:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Everybody is unique in his or her own capacity. Well, some people believe left handed people are intelligent and brilliant but not in all cases, there are some exceptions. Considering the fact that being left handed is NOT a yardstick for uniqueness and vice versa.

I grew up with this mentality that left handed people are so unique. Some place so much emphasis on them in terms of good academic performance and I used to think it was a mere fallacy. As soon as I pick up my pen in the presence of people, they expect more from me and this got me wondering each time

From my wide range of view, I don't know if this is a natural phenomenon but with the little I have seen, I can deduce that left handed people are unique people. When I was still at a tender age, I noticed myself and my friend who happens to be left handed were exceptional amongst our peers when it comes to either good or silly act. As funny as it may sound, we had perfect target when it comes to throwing stones at other people's chickens amidst our right handed counterparts. More so, the higher percentage of the left handed people I have come across have perfect handwriting and this got me wondering(isn't this unique ?)

I can vividly remember when my project supervisor and one of my lecturers saw me writing with my left hand, they outwrightly said the left handed people amongst their peers during their acadamic pursuit where unique and extra ordinary students and that mine shouldnt be an exception

I don't know if this is a mere Nigerian mentality or people from different countries also view things from this same perspective?

Is it a supernatural stuff? or something we learn or sheer luck ?
what is behind this ? i really wanna
know!!! Why are left handed people overhyped ?
Re: Why Are Left Handed People Overhyped ? by jameswills32: 4:06am On Oct 10, 2014
I agree with you. Either you’re left handed or you’re not. What’s unique about being a lefty? There also many left handed celebrities but that’s not why they are talented.

(1) (Reply)

Has Nairaland Impacted Your Life Positively?let's Share Our Experience. / National Open University Of Nigeria Form Is On Sale For 2014/2015 / How Smart Are U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.