Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology (749 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / When Owerri Man Wants To Prove He Possess Phd In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by chibecanglobal(m): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo
will today formally enrol as a
graduate student at the
headquarters of the National Open
University of Nigeria in Lagos.
He is returning to the classroom for
a higher degree in Christian
Theology.
Having obtained a Post Graduate
Diploma in 2009, the Owu-born high
chief will now be working towards a
doctorate degree, beginning first
with a Masters degree.
Obasanjo told news site, Premium
Times that he was going back to
school because it was important for
him to make some commitments
towards achieving his aspirations in
life.
“I’m going back to school because I
need something to aspire to in every
endeavour of life”, he explained
“I always aspire to something new in
my farm. I do that in my
international activities. I do it in my
writing. I do it in the improvement
of my academic work which helps to
sharpen my brain and strengthen my
faith.”
On combining his studies with his
tight international engagements, the
former Nigerian leader said he would
take advantage of the flexibility of
the Open University’s system.
“Fortunately, the Open University is
flexible enough and I will definitely
be able to cope. I was able to cope
when I did the Post Graduate. I was
also busy during the period”, he
said.
The National Open University was
initially established in 1983 but was
suspended by the then military
government in 1984. Obasanjo
resuscitated it in 2001.
In November 2006, a few months to
the end of his eight-year tenure, the
then president enrolled for a post
graduate diploma in Christian
Theology at the university.
www.dailypost.ng/2014/09/30/obasanjo-returns-school-77-eyes-phd-christian-theology/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Kennethco(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2014
Lolx, pastor obasanjo to b, anyway, gud 4 him

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by godofwar666(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2014
OBJ, wondering how you're going to learn, hope I'm right sha
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Blakjewelry(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2014
apart from the corruption side, I think this man should be an inspiration to all Nigerians
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Bryan12(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2014
Here's the picture for #picsureoradonbilivitFolks

Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by emmaliveth10(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Baba no de tire...you too much jor!

GEJ TILL 2019!
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Everybody wants private jet.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by ifaoni(m): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2014
that man! Like
M
O
N
K
E
Y.
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 30, 2014
smiley
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by chukzbook: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Leaders are learners. cool
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Stale
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by holarid(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
dat head fit still carry book?? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by AYOUNG(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
sire .
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by G12(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Baba no dey fail at all. Dis man get level
Re: Obasanjo Returns To School At 77,eyes Phd In Christian Theology by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Since his plans to become a life-president of nigeria didn't pan out well, being a theologian might just make him the life-pastor of some suggestible nigerians..

(1) (Reply)

25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! / >> 100% Correct JAMB CBT Answers For Day Four(12/03/2015) / Guys Rochassss Okorochaass Is Working - :d Testimony Time :d

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.