Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges (11941 Views)

Facebook Boss Faces Ownership Claim / Bbc Pays Out £200m On Redundancies In Just Five Years: Boss Faces Criticism Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 30, 2014
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North & Godwin Oritse
There were indications last night that former Managing Director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company, NSPMC, Emmanuel Ehidiamhen Okoyomon, might be extradited to the United Kingdom to face trial over the lingering polymer notes scam in Nigeria.

Competent sources at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission told Vanguard that the extradition processes were being initiated through the office of the Attorney General of the Federation under a Mutual Legal Assistance request by the British Government.
Okoyomon who holds dual Nigerian and British citizenship was the chief executive of the NSMPC until November 2013 when he was suspended by the board of the Central Bank of Nigeria in the wake of the disappearance of printed N1000 notes worth N1.2 billion from the premises of the company in Abuja.
Before then, he had been under investigation since 2012 by the anti- graft agency following a request by the British National Crime Agency over a different matter, the alleged collection of multi-million Naira bribe from Securency of Australia for the printing of polymer notes for Nigeria.
The request followed discovery by Australian authorities that some Nigerian officials at the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Mint, received bribes and kickbacks from Securency Pty Ltd, a polymer substrate producing company for the contract to produce N20 polymer notes for the Central Bank of Nigeria between 2006 and 2008.
Findings by both British and Nigerian security agents reportedly established that the bribes were routed through offshore accounts in the UK and other jurisdictions
But EFCC sources confirmed last night that its investigations uncovered a web of forgery, identity fraud and money laundering running into millions of naira.
The erstwhile Mint boss allegedly used the names of his driver and clerk to open different bank accounts in which he diverted several alleged bribery funds without their knowledge.
He allegedly forged a driver’s license with the photograph of his driver but bearing a different name belonging to his official clerk, to open the account, in which N368 million, proceeds of laundered bribery funds were traced, with Okoyomon as the sole beneficiary.
Over N750 million is alleged to have exchanged hands between officials of the CBN, the NSPMC and Securency International Pty of Australia, (now Innovia Security Pty Limited.
Earlier this year, the EFCC had served notice that Okomoyon and the former CBN boss, Professor Charles Soludo might be charged to court for their roles in the printing of Polymer notes.
The commissioned had hinted at the time that the embattled former MD, who was forced to resign from the company over missing N1.2 billion printed notes, had been found to have a case to answer by a team that investigated him over the polymer notes scam.
The agency also confirmed that the former Mint boss had been indicted by the panel, which probed him and his activities.
He said that all those who were found to have played roles in the scam would be charged to court before long.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/polymer-notes-ex-mint-boss-faces-forgery-money-laundering-charges/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Samiceman: 3:48am On Oct 01, 2014
Help Nigeria Father Lord,help Nigeria sad

2 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by 01mcfadden(m): 4:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Every sector in this country is bleeped up. I dnt think there is a saint in this country. Its only those caught that we hear of.
Corruption is now part of us,it seems its now highly inseparable from Nigerians. I'm tired of reading how huge money keep missing in every sector. cry

14 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Nutase: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2014
See gobe.

2 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Space
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by sammieguze(m): 4:19am On Oct 01, 2014
The axe is dropping gradually cheesy

May his soul rot in jail...... Iseeeeee

4 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Imoy(m): 4:22am On Oct 01, 2014
SLS comes to mind
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by fr3do(m): 4:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Parents and schools need to start teaching kids serious morals.
These unnecessary stealings are too much.

6 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by LMAyedun(m): 4:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Corruption is a major problem pulling Nigeria backward.

Heal Nigeria Oh! Lord.
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by amakufrancis(m): 4:36am On Oct 01, 2014
bad for him
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Ameboperoo(m): 4:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Na wa for 9ja o. These stolen funds will do sometin significant if invested in power generation or tackling unemployment or even health.
But someone will just waste it like rain water. There is God o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by akinladejo: 4:40am On Oct 01, 2014
1.2 billion of 1k note missing? Was the money kept outside or in the Vault? Was the vault dual control compliance or not? Was there any CCTV in the vault area or not? Is 1.2 biilion a small amount u can pocket and walk out of the gate without been notice by gate man or not? Let me just assumed that no security man at the gate at the time the small note of 1.2billion was moved out of d premises. Pls help me ask the man.

5 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by OLAplusONE(m): 4:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Let him be sentenced in the UK, or else he gets Presidential pardon here...yeye dey smell. Make una do him like Ibori

8 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by mifavour(f): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2014
:ooboi this is theft in d highest level. I can't shout lipsrsealed
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by valuedammy(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Money embezzllemet in this Jonathan administration is too rampant, may God help us no 2015 presidential ticket for u o oga GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by mbizzy(f): 4:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Another story for the gods.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by jibbish(m): 5:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Please Friends I need Ur advice.. I am very Hungry right now.. & my sister just finished cooking jollof rice and served me a full plate of the jollof rice, now my problem is that I don't knw if I should Use spoon or fork to eat the rice, I'm confused... Please friends advise me b4
I die of hunger.

4 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by dridowu: 5:36am On Oct 01, 2014
#Teamsaynotocorruption
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Cpumping(m): 5:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Tamuno jesu,

See as these pple just dey call billion like say na kobo.
750 billion for bribe?
Lord God!
1.2billion physical cash loss!
Oh lord

Chai.

Chai

Chai

Chai

Chai

Chai

Chai

4 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2014
grin woooo woooo ole ole luk @ him, dey done catch u sha.... tongue
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:43am On Oct 01, 2014
And who will prosecute him. Is it the same man that attempted to fly over N1.6bn out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by DrTeeee(m): 5:44am On Oct 01, 2014
This is one serious looting!!! Physical cash for that matter! Haba!!
Nigeria my country, I troway salate!
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by ghettodreamz(m): 5:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Okey-dokey.
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by otokx(m): 5:48am On Oct 01, 2014
Let him be charged to court either in Britain or Nigeria.
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:57am On Oct 01, 2014
You cant clean up a river,if the water source of the river is dirty.

Till we vote in a president ready to fight corruption, this kind of story will be a regular affair.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2014
GeneralShepherd: You cant clean up a river,if the water source of the river is dirty.

Till we vote in a president ready to fight corruption, this kind of story will be a regular affair.

Nope....if we do that....Nigerians will frustrate him or her out of office.

Nigerians have to be ready to fight corruption before we can say sayonara to it.

2 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by tsolz400: 6:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Why are they tryna persecute him?
How can you work in a place like that and not steal?

NL sha,full of hypocrites?!!! undecided
If some peeps on NL were to be in his shoes for a day!!!they will do far worse than what the man did.

Practice what you preach nigghas..

#bisalam#
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by DutchNegro(m): 6:16am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by chronique(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Another product of Nigeria's poor standard of education. Did you read where it stated that He was suspended by the CBN board in nov 2013? Did you read where the EFCC said He had been going througj investigation since 2012? Did you read where the report said He received kickbacks between 2006-2008? Was GEJ in power in 2006-2008?

Look,the average Nigerian is corrupt and until Nigerians decide to shun corruption,we won't stop hearing news like this.
valuedammy: Money embezzllemet in this Jonathan administration is too rampant, may God help us no 2015 presidential ticket for u o oga GEJ.

10 Likes

Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by kabba7(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=GeneralShepherd]You cant clean up a river,if the water source of the river is dirty.

This tory dey make me tire
shey we no fit put law to kill anybodi wey tif awa money ?
Re: Polymer Notes: Ex-mint Boss Faces Forgery, Money Laundering Charges by adwem2003(m): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2014
In Jonathan's voice

Why are you all shouting? This is just ordinary stealing, not corruption. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

YAHOO PLUS: Meet Odi Dollars, The Boy Making Millions Of Dollars From Juju (PHO / Man Falls And Lands On Metal Rod (see Where The Rod Pierced) / The 3 Statues In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.