Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) (4327 Views)

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders is There any special or ingenuity in the design of Nigerian flag?
a primary one child can put colors together and and give us a master piece.
green has been a colour white too is a common color

Past leaders who have refused to honor him know that that the man did not do a good job.
He just put those two colors together and maybe he submted those colors the same
day he was given the contract with know brain work.

what do yo think. The Man Michael Taiwo Akinkumi was over celebrated in this award.
too much media hype

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by semitunde: 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
What is the ingenuity in the nike logo op?

12 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by 2cato: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
I smell hatred and wickedness from some people. What will it cost our govt to cellebrate any body for doing anything?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by alhajimikehell(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
2cato: I smell hatred and wickedness from some people. What will it cost our govt to cellebrate any body for doing anything?
yeah

or what we refer to as BAD BELLE....wat is the ingenuity in the chinesse flag a@ op??

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by kenny1795(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
alhajimikehell: yeah

or what we refer to as BAD BELLE....wat is the ingenuity in the chinesse flag a@ op??
you dey talk Chinese what of Japanese? A red dot

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
alhajimikehell: yeah

look at the china flag with 4 stars with one big one at the centre. you see that the designer is a genius. the flag makes sense

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by epiginosko: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Balkan: Fellow Nairalanders is There any special or ingenuity in the design of Nigerian flag?
a primary one child can put colors together and and give us a master piece.
green has been a colour white too is a common color

Past leaders who have refused to honor him know that that the man did not do a good job.
He just put those two colors together and maybe he submted those colors the same
day he was given the contract with know brain work.

what do yo think. The Man Michael Taiwo Akinkumi was over celebrated in this award.
too much media hype

Op. U ll need to study d history of Nigeria at d time ds flag was designed including d dominant factor of its economy and society.
Next u ll need to find out wat d colors (green white green) represent and its interpretation. r
Then u ll b able to appreciate d work of d 23yrs old undergraduate (Now, Pa Akinkunmi) and his timeless brilliant idea.

11 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
epiginosko:

Op. U ll need to study d history of Nigeria at d time ds flag was designed including d dominant factor of its economy and society.
Next u ll need to find out wat d colors (green white green) represent and its interpretation. r
Then u ll b able to appreciate d work of d 23yrs old undergraduate (Now, Pa Akinkunmi) and his timeless brilliant idea.
anybody can give any interpretation to green white green. to me its not well thought of.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by epiginosko: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Balkan: look at the china flag with 4 stars with one big one at the centre. you see that the designer is a genius. the flag makes sense

Flags are not design primarily for beauty purpose but for transmitting ideology, beliefs and virtue of a nation.

11 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by epiginosko: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Balkan: anybody can give any interpretation to green white green. to me its not well thought of.
Anybody? on a country flag?
Ok sir.
Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Does this not make sense

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Does this not make more sense

10 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by omazus: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
You are a killjoy op. The man deserves all adulation he is getting now. #TeamAkinwumi

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by pentagonal: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
another dumbass on the loose.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by justhelp(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Anyway op am not surprise because no one in ur family will be celebrated or be successful as pa taiwo, I feel ur pain knowing that u are destiny to fail and suffer in life. But let me advice u,if u really want succeed in life learn to celebrate Successful people like pa taiwo akinkunmi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by RockMaxi: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
The first ever ignoble and ignoramus OP.@Balkan

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
This is the worst bad belle and beefing i have seen since 1914.

Is it because of the salary for life they place him? But nobody will collect your money and add to pay him na!

Guy, you no try at all.

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
[[s]quote author=justhelp]Any op am not suprise because no one in ur family will be celebrated or be successful as pa taiwo, I feel ur pain knowing that u are destiny to fail and suffer in life. But let me advice u,if u really want succeed in life learn to celebrate Successful people like pa taiwo akinkunmi[/s][/quote]am sure you are refering to your whole generation. your brother Obasanjo knew my position that was why he never talked about it. my point is not that I against the award. am talking about the flag itself. you should learn how to make meaningful contribution in a public forum

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by justhelp(m): 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
Balkan: Does this not make more sense
or sorry i dont know u are from landlocked Region, one of the bastard tribe in Niger oh if what the president did for this man is given u sleepless night just do the needful hug Ebola dead corpse, and make your journey to meet that coward Ojukwu to report GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by macklef(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
But on an unbeefng note. Even before he was placed on life time salary,
I always asked myself the same questiin, whats so special about the flags design?
Its like telling me theres something special about a plain teru material.

Because am a Nigerian does not mean illd overate our flag, Being honest cuts across sentiments and it dosnt mean im a bad citizen too. Just call a spade a spade
The flags design is just basic. Nothing special

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Dbestmax(m): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Simple and neat..d land remains green....anybody against dat flag...make em bend

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by justhelp(m): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Balkan: [[s]quote author=justhelp]Any op am not suprise because no one in ur family will be celebrated or be successful as pa taiwo, I feel ur pain knowing that u are destiny to fail and suffer in life. But let me advice u,if u really want succeed in life learn to celebrate Successful people like pa taiwo akinkunmi[/s]am sure you are refering to your whole generation. your brother Obasanjo knew my position that was why he never talked about it. my point is not that I against the award. am talking about the flag itself. you should learn how to make meaningful contribution in a public forum
sorry was your post meaningful ? son of a coward

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by tonyot(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Bad belle

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Faun(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
It's a boring, uninspired flag.
But take a look at this link where this guy lists out various country flags and rates them on a scale of 1 to 10. Nigeria got a 3/10 sad
www.theodysseyexpedition.com/oddities/flags-of-the-world/laos-to-norway
It's a fun read, nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by ikweremilitant: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
2cato: I smell hatred and wickedness from some people. What will it cost our govt to cellebrate any body for doing anything?
i agree with you and the op but i have a question for you.where was ur grand father when the british threw the offer open for the design.atleast as inteligent as ure u must have inherited dat frm ur parents.you are questioning a man dat gave us an identity with a unique explanation to bk it up.you are lucky am in a gud mude.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
The Coat of Arms of Nigeria has a black shield with two white lines that form in a "Y" shape. The black shield represents Nigeria's fertile soil, while the two horses or chargers on each side represent dignity. The eagle represents strength, while the green and white bands on the top of the shield represent the rich soil.

The red flowers at the base are Costus spectabilis, Nigeria's national flower. This flower was chosen for inclusion in the coat of arms as it is found all over Nigeria and also stand for the beauty of the nation. The white wavy pall represents the Niger and the Benue. On the banderole around the base is Nigeria's national motto since 1978: "Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress" (formerly "Peace, Unity, Freedom"wink.

Was designed by a Nigeria with no award. you see the ingenuity in that master peace

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
The Coat of Arms of Nigeria has a black shield with two white lines that form in a "Y" shape. The black shield represents Nigeria's fertile soil, while the two horses or chargers on each side represent dignity. The eagle represents strength, while the green and white bands on the top of the shield represent the rich soil.[1]

The red flowers at the base are Costus spectabilis, Nigeria's national flower. This flower was chosen for inclusion in the coat of arms as it is found all over Nigeria and also stand for the beauty of the nation. The white wavy pall represents the Niger and the Benue. On the banderole around the base is Nigeria's national motto since 1978: "Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress" (formerly "Peace, Unity, Freedom"wink

See the Ingenuity in this master peace. Do know who designed this?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
See this

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Balkan(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
ikweremilitant: i agree with you and the op but i have a question for you.where was ur grand father when the british threw the offer open for the design.atleast as inteligent as ure u must have inherited dat frm ur parents.you are questioning a man dat gave us an identity with a unique explanation to bk it up.you are lucky am in a gud mude.
This RUMU IKWERRE boy This one you are in a good mood it seems you have sold some piece of land today. I guess as much Remember there wont be another abandoned property

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Faun(m): 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
I suggest a fully green flag, with a white silhouette of a naaked busty BBW babe on it.
That's Nigeria's flag cool
Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by goldfish80(m): 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
No disrespect to Mr Akinkunmi, the Nigerian flag is uninspiring, blad and just too simple to represent the complexity of our country.
Am of the opinion that whoever designed the Nigerian flag and the Japanese flag is a very lazy artist/individual.
The Op asked a legit question, who designed the coat of arm? I've never come across the name of the individual.
Re: Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yet some idiots, the OP inclusive, will come here and blab how the whole hate igbo.
What do we call this? This was an open contest,yet nobody from the cursed land was able to present a more brilliant idea than this man.
The same way they rubbish soyinka for winning a nobel award instead of their hate filled achebe.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coscharis And Emma Bishop Okonkwo / Wait, Is Gov. Godwill Akpabio Running Away? / Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.