Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 (1242 Views)

President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB / Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by tayooluwole: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
HOW JONATHAN'S INDEPENDENCE SPEECH WILL POSSIBBLY LOOK LIKE...

1) I congratulate Nigeria on its 54th of existence as an independent state as today symbolically mark the moment of reward for the effort, bravity and doggedness of our fore-fathers who fought tirelessly for the emancipation of Nigeria and its citizen from the captivity of political, economic and mental undertone.

2) By independence, liberty is ascertained, by liberty, human right is acknowledged and of course, by acknowledging human right, faith in humanity is solidly restored. The very reason it is faultlessly necessary to reflect on the struggle that led to independence and the journey thereafter. This done, it is equally pertinent to reflect not only on independence just by meaning but also solemnly on the effect of being an independent state and the achievement materialised and materialisable by it.

3) Having done this, it is of my firm believe that all will be griped with burning propensity to develop a sense of razzmattaz connecting to the moment of liberation under observation.

4) I'm not unmindful that Nigeria is a country of clear differences in culture, religion, ethnic pedigree etc but binded together by unity of purpose and divine destiny, in regards to one another's peculiarity. For this, we have a hope of better future as a Nation, and that we give unity its way and connecting our fate and aspiration to common course is a great achievement in a democratic and independent journey, to which we can hang to chant a chorus of hope that, in no time, in the days ahead, Nigeria will stand side-by-side with those advanced nation that symbolises liberty and democracy in total pragmatism.

5) Of course, as a nation, we are faced with many emasculating challenges and in the face of this, we still persist to thrive by aspiration of survival in resillience and common effort of purpose to shield and make meaning of the fight, swept, strive, tears and blood of our fore-fathers. It on this, as I used to, I will stand to champion the course of unity and state plain the non-negotiability of our togetherness.

6) Let me assure Nigerians, that I will spare no effort, time and space of opportunity within my administrative capacity to proffer a lasting solution to the myriads of problems besetting our dear country.

7) Five years ago, our achievements are crystal perceptible, the wind of which is being felt by Nigerians even to the nook and craning. Our economy stands on the scale of excellence to magnetise investors from far and near and for this I say, the days of unemployment and related problems are numbered.

cool Undoubtedly, our achievements are not mere coincidence but for our commitment to the transformation agenda which form the basis of our effort and reference to various political and economic businesses.

9) Fellow Nigerians, it is from the heart of sober dispensation, I wish to remind you that many challenges constitutes a disturbing enemy in our various endevor to linger as a nation. The most critical of all is security. Boko Haram is seriously brow-beating our hard-earned sovereignty with a clear objective of dashing and slashing our unity across the various differences and nailing our common peace to worrisome jeopardy. But as a responsible government, we are tenaciously committed and resolute to crush and flush the senseless religion fighters that do not give regard to the sanctity of human life, from our land.

10) Boko Haram is best described as a weevil in the beans to feed many, monster in human skin and thorn in the skin of human existence. Therefore, they are considered the enemy of common survival that needs to be exterminated as fast as possible.

11) Terrorism requires to be crushed by collective effort- on the part of the people, by way of information and extra-vigilance and on the part of government, by all it takes. Violence may endureth till night but surely, period of peace shall come in the morning which share a close range with the former.

12) Now, let me refresh your sensitivity that Nigeria, particularly northern part, is at the peak of restlessness and once the dimension starts declining- windows, doors, and other entrances starts opening for enduring peace to reign and by then, we shall say we are justified by the aspiration and spirited effort of our fore-fathers in erecting a nation of impregnable foundation.

13) Protection of life and property remains one of the sacred duties of any sensible government and by this responsibility, we shall always act and triumph over failure and challenges. Never we will give up any of the towns or villages defined within the Nigeria sovereignty to terrorist threat and actions. United we will stand and look directly to the face of advanced countries and divided we shall fall, both at home and in the diplomatic arena.

14) To all Nigerians, it is of patriotic requirement that you continue to move-on as a citizen, in the time of abundance, dearth, joy or hardship. On the part of government, we will continue to give this nation and its citizen, the very best it deserves.

15) It is mind disgusting to note that our children are still in the captivity of BH sect for number of days. As a president, I have been having a sleepless night about the unimaginable hardship our children will be undergoing and series of tought and strategy to rescue them without much collateral exchange. I will not talk much on this but to tell you that we are intransigently and bently committed to the security and welfare of the citizenry and thereby, assuring you that Chibok girls will be back very soon, safe and healthy, to reunite with their parents.

16) Gladly, the knowledge about the recent successes in the fight against terror in undoubtedly exoteric. Many terrorist have been brought to their kneels to face justice and many more crushed. I believe, this will further vindicate our commitment against terrorism and consolidate the hope of better days of peace and the trust people have in the present government.

17) I will not say it is so unfortunate, that I'm the president in the time of Nigeria hardship but rather fortunate, that I will be the president to set the heaps of problems affecting our dear nation to final ablaze. To this end, we will continue to try our best to ensure peace all over and make sure, non of the content of my transformation agenda go un-materialised.

18) Lastly and once again, I say congratulation to Nigerians for this very moment which will continue to hold itself symbolic and refulgent in the history of human existence. On our own part, once again, we will continue to protect Nigeria and its citizen, this we conceived as a duty by determination, commitment and oath of allegiance. Congratulations!

Mr President.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by HonourablePomk: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Weldone
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by 2cato: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mods move it to joke section and collect ur bribe
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ok...Mr. President! GEJ is do, GEJ is doing, GEJ is going to does.
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by Royalsuave4real(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
I still maintain that if not for the insecurity in this nation which would soon be brought to a halt, GEJ would have been the best president Nigeria has ever had. I still believe in him even Sanusi affirmed the sincerity of purpose of the man
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by MisterLongman(m): 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
^^^I would have agreed with you but insecurity is not his only problem..... But His body language supports corruption
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by Exjoker(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2014
hmmm
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by Bosville(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: President Jonathan's Independence Speech, Nigeria @ 54 by hppyromz(m): 8:22am On Nov 14, 2018

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. / Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi / Fayose Approves N160, 000 Annual Stipends For Ekitiwomen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.