Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Software Tester(s) Needed! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Software Tester(s) Needed! (1247 Views)

Hire A Penetration Tester / Sign Up For Our Beta Tester Program / Penetration Tester Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software Tester(s) Needed! by deal4real: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2006
As from next month our website www.2deal4real.com will enter the testing fase. We are still looking for one or two persons to help us to test our site. At least one of them should be in Nigeria. So if you know about testing a website and you are looking forward to help us, please contact us at info@2deal4real.com

Thanks,
Bless

Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by Afam(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2006
Fee based or free testers? Do specifiy what you are looking for so it will be easy for you to get responses that you need and on time too.
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by deal4real: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2006
Afam thanks for your reply. Since I am living in the Netherlands I would like to go dutch wink
Jokes apart, how much would you charge for testing the site? We think it will take about two weeks and like I stated before, it has to be done in August/September.

Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by Afam(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2006
Deal4real,

Without a clear understanding of what you want me to test and the scope and/or time frame you are looking at, it will be impossible to get any meaning price tag on testing.

In anycase, testing mustn't be fee based, so if the demands are not that huge, I could do it at no cost.

Let me have the details or scope of what you want tested on the website, usability, functionality, trying to break the code etc so I can respond appropriately.
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by alexis(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2006
Security testing?
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by clocky(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2006
i can hack into the site if u wanna test how secured it is. Do u want that?
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by my2cents(m): 4:47am On Jul 31, 2006
deal4real:

In my opinion, the only way u will get good, solid testing done is via paying someone. That way, both parties know that there is something at stake and can hold each other responsible if something goes wrong. If done for free, there is a possibility that the person could say "make i skip dis one, after all wetin im dey pay me?"

Solid testing is quite involved. As Afam has stated, some specs would be helpful. For example test cases will definitely need to be written. Who is providing this? u or the testers? Once written, and tests performed, someone will need to go and verify that each test case passes. If it doesnt pass, what comes next? Will u ignore, or fix the problem urself or have the former tester test? If you decided to be really detailed, do you think a free tester will be down for it? These are just a couple of observations.

If u choose to go the paying route, I don't mind doing it. Regardless, as Afam has stated, specs are required.

as always, my 2 cents.
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by deal4real: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2006
Afam and My2Cents,

Thank u for your information. Soon I will consult my ITman about testing the site and I'll contact you.

Bless

Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by Afam(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2006
deal4real,

Thanks for your post.

Feel free to contact My2cents for the testing. I can trust him based on his sense of judgement on certain issues that I have seen him comment on, right here on this forum.

Enjoy!
Re: Software Tester(s) Needed! by kheme(m): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
what kind of testing are you talking about i'm interested though, but i'm in North Cyprus, Turkey!

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Best Traffic Generating Tips / Pls Help Resolve This Codes Issue / I Need Video Tutorial On Web Design And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.