Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47876 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Anas4sure(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Nawa ds oyinbo pple sabi dicv us o!Nigeria get indpendent nd her pple are stl dependent
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Is that not GEJ inside the yellow bus
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by spinna: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2014
This is a beautiful piece of art by the Google team. I want to commend them for it.

The choice is a tribute to the average Nigerian, the ones who have no cars or private jets and who have to work so hard everyday. Google gave them this present to tell them to keep their heads up and keep moving forward that there is still hope.

The common man is Nigeria not the empty green bottles perched high and tottering (Chinua Achebe's "Anthills of the Savannah")

Let democracy continue to thrive let the Rule Of Law be respected, lets use votes not MOWAG tanks and AK47 to get our political opponents out of power. Lets shun hatred and bitterness LONG LIVE NIGERIA- MAY FREEDOM AND JUSTICE AND THE FEAR OF GOD REIGN IN THIS LAND

Big Bosses @ Google ..Thanks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2014
yettybaby112: Is that not GEJ inside the yellow bus
No, It is Nelson Mandela smiley.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by ugoezeik(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2014
only dis as a gift frm Google? wat an insult
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by millionboi(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Who send them
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by 100Cents: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Samiceman: God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Yah muan !

Jah rasta fah rai..

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by sexzskil(f): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA: It appears it detects your IP Address before displaying the Doodle on http://google.com
But this can still be viewed only in Nigeria, not worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
spinna: This is a beautiful piece of art by the Google team. I want to commend them for it.

The choice is a tribute to the average Nigerian, the ones who have no cars or private jets and who have to work so hard everyday. Google gave them this present to tell them to keep their heads up and keep moving forward that there is still hope.

The common man is Nigeria not the empty green bottles perched high and tottering (Chinua Achebe's "Anthills of the Savannah"wink

Let democracy continue to thrive let the Rule Of Law be respected, lets use votes not MOWAG tanks and AK47 to get our political opponents out of power. Lets shun hatred and bitterness LONG LIVE NIGERIA- MAY FREEDOM AND JUSTICE AND THE FEAR OF GOD REIGN IN THIS LAND

Big Bosses @ Google ..Thanks

Sentiments shared. Perfect interpretation of the Google Doodle.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by major466(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria. Good people Great Nation.
Happy Birthday everyone! smiley

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by StealthyMe(m): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Kayworld26: cheesy cheesy

Hehe cheesy

Happy Independence ma'am
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2014
well, if you expand the picture, scroll to the topmost part of your screen you will see a private jet occupied by a man in agbada and a woman in buba. Those are the yorubas. prouldly one
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Vikky014(f): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.
na waoh!google is google nah
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by xreal: 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
declaro:

Please stop this we have passed this stage already. Igbos are Nigerians not anything you may call yourselves. We Igbos are pure Nigerians. We are ONE NIGERIA and NIGERIA is ONE.

Someone is confused here.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
StealthyMe:

Hehe cheesy

Happy Independence ma'am
Happy Independence smiley

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by xreal: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Vikky014: na waoh!google is google nah

The difference is clear.

.com
.com.ng is enough difference.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Vikky014: na waoh!google is google nah
Nope. The two are very different.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by deeobserver209(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Good one from Google.
Happy Independence Anniversary! smiley
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Samuel124(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2014
http://2goface.com/invite?ref=samuel124 Hello everyone, i have found a great site to get free airtime,and connect with student. i have tried the website and its working. Just visit this link : http://2goface.com/invite?ref=omololly #2goface
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Vikky014(f): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: Nope. The two are very different.
errrm meaning?all i know google is celebratn with us tongue

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Panshow(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2014
It feels so good to be celebrated.
I so much like google.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Vikky014(f): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: No, It is Nelson Mandela smiley.
obama instead undecided

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by KemoSabe: 11:10am On Oct 01, 2014
See Independence photo I received from fellow country man. Lol

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
freecharles: This is good...it feels good to know that Nigeria is recognized. How many countries get this on their independence day.

GREAT PEOPLE

Nigeria has failed your life.

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by IYANGBALI: 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Hishuula: . Thank God u re not the Moses in the bible......Israel for still dey Egypt
pls who is moses?is he a man or woman?where is he from?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by stripper: 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Infact we are 4 much.
#teamNigeria
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Tundeiab(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It automatically redirects me to this link.
http://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=KzwrVM-rPISe-wbB1YGgAg
Bad belle. Are google.com and google.com.ng not owned by same company? Nawa for you o...
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2014
decode55: mmm.

Judging from that pic, we have only molues, okadas & keke napeps in Nigeria

Nice smiley

Another product of a failed education system.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by julioralph(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2014
danfo, okada and keke?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by justi4jesu(f): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2014
KemoSabe: See Independence photo I received from fellow country man. Lol

lol you don turn millionaire be that oh..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Go and claim it at your own risk
smiley

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Titihoya: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2014
I am really glad that Google recognized us this way
We should not fuss over the Keke, Okada and Danfo bus because, come to think of it, these things form our everyday life.....i mean for the common man. If they showed Aso rock, National theatre, ETC....how many of us identify with these things on a daily bases. So i think Google did well to identify with the masses.
The best part of is the FLAG! I just appreciate the effort on the part of Google
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Tundeiab(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Sagamite:

Nigeria has failed your life.
saddist... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Vs PDP Rallies In Rivers: Compare Pictures / "Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / Man Dumps Sack Of Ammunition In Anambra, Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.