Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Should Students Pay Commission Charges?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Should Students Pay Commission Charges?? (341 Views)

MCA Uturu Students Pay N50000+ To Collect Original Certificates / Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result? / Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Students Pay Commission Charges?? by CREDIT(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2014
I was in one of the known high institution in the Southwest Nigeria where I did my MSc programme, while I went to the bank to pay for fee for my certificate, I saw students paying their school fees and the bank was collecting ''BANK COMMISSION from them (I probably had paid before).
Now, I was trying to figure out why commission charges be burn by the students and not the school? The school authority is meant to collect the so called school fees from the students which ordinarily would be at ''NO'' cost on the students through the Bursary department of the school. But now, the school went into arrangement with the bank to ease them of that task and for safe keeping of their fund.
Logically, the school contracted the bank and not the students, so, the question now is why should the student pay the commission and not the school authority?
I think this act should be checked by the student union government of various high institutions.

What prompted this write up? while I was waiting to pay on the queue, I saw a lady who wanted to pay her school fee and was not aware of the so called commission charges was denied and turned down, she left the bank with her money. No matter how small the commission may be, to students any amount is a lot.

(1) (Reply)

KSUSTA 1st Batch Admission List 2014/2015 Released / Secrets About 2014/2015UNIZIK Admission Lists / Sap Mm Online Training In India | Uk | Canada | Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.