Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Happy Independence Day To My Fellow Compatriots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence Day To My Fellow Compatriots (564 Views)

7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day / Nigerian Abroad Who Disgraced Compatriots (1): The Story Of Olu As A Case Study / Nigeria Calls! - "Arise O Compatriots, Nigeria's Call Obey!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Independence Day To My Fellow Compatriots by Youpele52: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day to my fellow compatriots,

Three years I wrote a poem about President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I tell you three years ago all Nigerians thought he was our Obama, okay great, few still think so.
There are tons of his promises not fulfilled yet or forgotten even, and don't forget there are milestone changes & growth in other spheres.
As we mark our Independence Day, I want us to note this "Only Nigerians can build Nigerian".
Being negative about Nigeria is like having a minus sign in a mathematical equation. Something is subtracted from Nigeria, and that's you and all you've got to offer to make this nation better. Talk about change, let it begin from you and me, and I bet it'll have repel effect all over.

Oh you say there's nothing to celebrate about and I say there is; I'm alive, and you're alive reading this, Nigeria is not peaceful but at least we're not Iraq, Syria or Libya. Though we have our share of terrorism, oh yeah, they're been trampled. Ebola came, it was truncated now it's not even in our newspapers. And so on and so forth.

If there's anything you owe Nigeria is continuos mention in your prayer.
"Our leaders are corrupt"
Where did they came from?
Us
Pray good for yourself, and Nigerians and the leaders that'll come out from us to lead us will be good. Meanwhile, develop the habit of spending more time praying for your leaders than the time you use for criticizing them. Prayer changes things. Don't know what to pray for them about. Pray God give them WISDOM.
How better it'll be if you turn your criticisms into prayer. I'm not just saying. I mean it.

2015 general elections will be bloody.
Wash your mouth.
The mouth is a gun, yes machine gun.
The tongue is the trigger
And our words the bullet. Altogether powerful.
2015 elections will be what you say it will be to you. And what we all agree that's what it'll be unto us.

Lest I forget, here's the link of the poem I wrote about President Jonathan,

www.wattpad.com/1942853-not-just-another-goodluck

(1) (Reply)

At 54, Is Nigeria Where It Should Really Be As A Nation? By Ayobami Oyalowo / The Perfect Independence Speech For Nigeria By Charlie Chaplin (1940) / War Machine Says He Should Have Killed Girlfriend Christy Mack In August Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.