Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Protecting Our Positive Attitude Towards Education Is The Sure Way - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protecting Our Positive Attitude Towards Education Is The Sure Way (489 Views)

Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / SCIENTISTS BAFFLED BY MYSTERIOUS SHIELD PROTECTING EARTH FROM BEING OBLITERATED. / The Attitude Of The Nigerian Child Towards Education, Whose Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protecting Our Positive Attitude Towards Education Is The Sure Way by MrPeaceman(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
I was impelled to come up with this, after reading a piece on the frontpage on "8 people that became successful without a university education". I'm not trying to dispute the fact that it is not possible, yes it is, but on a slimmer chance. I began to wonder why I didn't see the list of 1million people that made it without education, but just 8 people? On the other end, I know there exist more than a million people that became successful through the platform education afforded them. Now, why the negativity, why should we compare two things that are not measurable. Information such as that, have a greater effect more than you think. Youths and teanagers will read and be filled with false hope. They may just believe the fact and henceforth see education as unimportant, their zeal is reduced.
The importance of education in any nation can not be over stated. Education holds the key to development. Education refines an individual, and a society of refined individuals makes for healthy living. The things we all enjoy today were made possible by education.
On a final and most important note; let us stop seeing just wealth as success. An educated individual is a successful and happy person. Little wonder why professors and other high flying intellectuals are somewhat internally fulfilled and happy, irrespective of their financial status. A typical professor is just so satisfied with his knowledge. Also take a cue from the likes of past intellectual legends, as Albert Einstein, Plato, Karl Max etc, even Karl Max died a rached man, but nevertheless, his name continues to live in the anals of history. Those are people that are selfless, we should live a life of selflessness. If the inventors of what we all enjoy today were selfish, we wouldn't be enjoing their effort today. These people went through the pain of unending research, all in a bid to make life better, and I didn't hear they were millionaires in their time. So, we; what do we think we can offer? Even when we go to school, our motive is just to graduate and work in oil companies, how easy. How creative are our engineering students? And other disciplines are not an exeption. Nigeria should develop, we all scream. Who should develop Nigeria?..Nigerians. Who are Nigerians?..You and I. The task of taking Nigeria to greater height is in our hands. God help us.
_MrPeaceman

(1) (Reply)

Confused About This / International Graduate Schoolarship / Advice needed On Institution Of Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.