Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,564 members, 7,837,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Iphone Vs. G1 Google Phone: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Vs. G1 Google Phone: (766 Views)

Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Android Vs Iphone Vs Windows (aka)no Lag.best Phone To Use / 3d Graphics Benchmarks: Iphone Vs N95 Vs P1i Vs Dell Axim X51v (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Vs. G1 Google Phone: by matchstick: 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2008
Ok now my contract is up at the end of the month and I don't know which one to go for,

The logical solution would be to get an iPhone because I have an apple computer but having read some reviews about the G1 I am unsure,

Anybody, with either of these phones care to offer any advice?
Re: Iphone Vs. G1 Google Phone: by ExInferis(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2008
it depends on the kind of features you want in a phone. though ive never owned a G1 yet i recently was on the train sitting next to someone who has and after watching him fiddle with it for a while i kind of borrowed it to have a feel. its got all the features you expect but sadly the whole thing to me feels unfinished. the interface feels sluggish in some places and the scrolling isnt as smooth as the iphone's.

great browser though, nice integration with google services, but not much else. the music player particular sucks.

on the other hand ive owned a couple of iphones including the 3G version and though there isnt much difference between the two iphones, im still kind of hooked to it right now. sure, there are lots of left-out features and lots of the Appstore apps are rubbish, but you cant really fault the iphone on pure pleasure of usage and the awesome inbuilt ipod app.

the games are astounding, wireless connectivity is superb (though ive found using the 3G connectivity in naija is unrealible), the interface is very responsive, email (pop and imap) is almost as good as on the Blackberry and sms texting is just plain sweet.

i must confess im a little biased towards apple, but i still believe the G1 has lots of potential down the road since its OS is open source and free. the actual deal killer is that the OS doesnt feel as powerful or as slick as the iphone OS, and multimedia experience is so-so.

ive used many phones down the road, some superb others plain rubbish (tons of windows mobile and windows smartphone from XDA to ipaq and Sagem S7 to blackjack to moto q, LG Prada, samsung f480, various N and E series devices, blackberry curve, Nokia Vertu, miscellaneous Nokia XpressMusic devices, SE p1 and W960i etc)

some of thse devices have very outstanding designs but atrocious guts when you go beneath the surface (beauty isnt skin deep). i did some reviews in my blog at bravenet on some of the devices ive used but frankly despite the shortcomings of the iphone im yet to come across a device that comes marginally close to beating the iphone on ease of use, media management, wireless connectivity, gaming, internet surfing, and sms.

sure, its almost always beaten hands down on features, but those features on other phones (including the G1) dont feel as great to use and as responsive as the few ones on the iphone.

i once argued that the G1 will beat the iphone even without multitouch especially seeing as how google is good with service integration and sometimes great interface (Picasa 3, eg) but im not remotely won over to the G1.

maybe the Blackberry Storm will be a worthy competitor (even though its come to light that iphone has stolen the balckberry market share to be the No 2 smartphone after nokia's symbian devices).

maybe you ought wait for the storm to hit!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Fix This / Positive Change Coming On The Nigerian Communications Sector! Akunyili's Task. / Solar Charger For Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.