Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm (5912 Views)

Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here / Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 02, 2014
please help me.
my dream is to become a mechanical engineer like my dad and work in an oil n gas company. but am presently studying food technology is there anyway i can work in an oil and gas company either by training or somethin else
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by millos: 5:22am On Oct 02, 2014
You don't have to work in an oil and gas company like your dad. There are some many other jobs out there for you. If you must be a mechanical engineer then I advice you to switch your major to engineering since you're still in school. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2014
millos: You don't have to work in an oil and gas company like your dad. There are some many other jobs out there for you. If you must be a mechanical engineer then I advice you to switch your major to engineering since you're still in school. Good luck
fnk u
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Habeebpain(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2014
Hey! I'm a graduate of food Science and technology, finished from Lautech. You can actually work in an oil company if you want. Yes, you heard me right. But you won't be practicing your field of study. During my service year, I took courses in HSE ( health, safety and environment), level 1 to 3. Every company needs a safety officer, so ask your dad to get you a mentor in that department. Safety courses are not taught in universities like regular courses, they're actually certification exams. So when you have the time take them, find out about others such as OSHA and take them. When you become a certified safety officer, your dad can help you get to the interview stage. That's where you have to prove yourself that you're not just riding on dad's back. Prove to them that you're smart, and that you've got something upstairs. How I wish I had your kind of opportunity.

All the best, you can ask me any other thing you might not be clear about.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2014
@ habeebpain. datz true i heard him say sumtin about safety. where do i take d xzam nd wat are d requirements 4 d xzam
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2014
[quote author=Habeebpain post=27073295]Hey! I'm a graduate of food Science and technology, finished from Lautech. You can actually work in an oil company if you want. Yes, you heard me right. But you won't be practicing your field of study. During my service year, I took courses in HSE ( health, safety and environment), level 1 to 3. Every company needs a safety officer, so ask your dad to get you a mentor in that department. Safety courses are not taught in universities like regular courses, they're actua thnks.
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
I don't want to believe that you can't spell correctly. You better call yourself to order before this silly attitude cost you greatly because your dad or mum may not be there to save you on that day. Grow up and use what your parents sent you to school to affect your life. Copy things that will aid you in future and also add value to your life.

That's one thing that has kept me on since I was a child. By default, I don't copy rubbish.

It's disgusting and annoying seeing girls write like this. I can easily guess your age for that rubbish you wrote up there and I know when it started becoming a norm here in Nigeria.

What's "fnk u"? Honestly I thought it was "fvck u"

Go to the Job interview mistake thread and see people complaining that it has cost them a chance to get a job because they mistakenly wrote in text speak.

Don't say you were never told.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
and who was that for @ e2Sexy1
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Ademat7(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
pwreshbawz:
and who was that for @ e2Sexy1
for me and my friends
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ademat7:
for me and my friends
lol
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by CzarChris(m): 5:27am On Oct 28, 2014
FST, is one of the most lucrative courses I've ever seen, that's if you know what your doing.
Yeah, I've seen a few people that studied FST, offshore. They are basically the CSRs(Company Site Rep) their job is to monitor the catering company in charge of feeding, accommodation and care of workers at the location. They also inspect raw foods that are brought to the location and declares it safe before it is to be used.
I don't really know the take home of the site reps though I think its over 350 the last time I worked offshore(CSRs are more of contract staffs). But I know that of their oga at the head office, but I won't mention it here for security reasons. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 28, 2014
@CzarChris what kind of engineer are u
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by CzarChris(m): 5:44am On Oct 28, 2014
pwreshbawz:
@CzarChris what kind of engineer are u
I'm a mechanical engineer, why?

Modified.
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 28, 2014
CzarChris:
I'm a mechanical engineering, why?
cool can i divert when i wanna do masters
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by CzarChris(m): 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
pwreshbawz:
cool can i divert when i wanna do masters
from FST to Mechanical engineering. I'm just short of words on what to tell you.
Like seriously? Well, you can ask your course adviser about this, this one pass me walahi
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
2sExy1:
I don't want to believe that you can't spell correctly. You better call yourself to order before this silly attitude cost you greatly because your dad or mum may not be there to save you on that day. Grow up and use what your parents sent you to school to affect your life. Copy things that will aid you in future and also add value to your life.

That's one thing that has kept me on since I was a child. By default, I don't copy rubbish.

It's disgusting and annoying seeing girls write like this. I can easily guess your age for that rubbish you wrote up there and I know when it started becoming a norm here in Nigeria.

What's "fnk u"? Honestly I thought it was "fvck u"

Go to the Job interview mistake thread and see people complaining that it has cost them a chance to get a job because they mistakenly wrote in text speak.

Don't say you were never told.

You have spoken well my friend.

The insect that refuses to listen to advice from its elders will find itself in the gizzard of a bird. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
CzarChris:
from FST to Mechanical engineering. I'm just short of words on what to tell you.
Like seriously? Well, you can ask your course adviser about this, this one pass me walahi
lol
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Three7Ty9:

The insect that refuses to listen to advice from its elders will find itself in the gizzard of a bird. grin
owe agba
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by suckerpunch: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
You know I was offered admission few weeks back to study FST, a course I never thought I'd get to study and I never liked it. The funny thing is that I got my cutoff for Comp. Engr. Well, I'm planning on taking another jamb while I enrol for the course. I was told I may not get to switch over from FST to Comp/Chem Engr. I'm sort of confused too.

May God see us through!
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
suckerpunch:
You know I was offered admission few weeks back to study FST, a course I never thought I'd get to study and I never liked it. The funny thing is that I got my cutoff for Comp. Engr. Well, I'm planning on taking another jamb while I enrol for the course. I was told I may not get to switch over from FST to Comp/Chem Engr. I'm sort of confused too.

May God see us through!
God dey! me sef dey think that one
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by suckerpunch: 12:20am On Nov 08, 2014
pwreshbawz:
God dey! me sef dey think that one

Not coming in for the course. Registered another jamb gonna put uniport
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Three7Ty9:

mehn, just seeing this after serving my ban. Its the best we can do.
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
CzarChris:
lmao
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 17, 2014
2sExy1:
mehn, just seeing this after serving my ban. Its the best we can do.

Lol, wetin you do when em ban you na? grin grin grin
Re: How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm by Prissy1st: 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
Every dream in life should be 'SMART' (Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time frame).
I want to work in the oil & Gas sector is not a smart dream. The oil & Gas sector is a wide sector and you have to understand the classification, the different companies and their specific services and prepare yourself toward that dream.
For more information on Health, safety and environment and other oil and Gas professional courses, login to www.deslogenergy.com

For more info: Call/WhatsApp 08038959810, priscilla@deslogenergy.com

(1) (Reply)

Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here / Studying Law As A Second Degree. / Start A Career In Public Speaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.