Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? (25441 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by eddyland: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Gooci(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
cultural background... our parents shhha grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SirHouloo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Coz the best is always reserved for the last!

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
SirHouloo: Coz the best is always reserved for the last!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?

Guy?

what's your business when I eat my meat??

must you open thread?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by eddyland: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Guy?

must you open thread?
Must you comment?

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by bloglover(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Saving the best for the last. If not I won't be encouraged to finish the Rice. But one day I mistakenly swallowed the Meat before even getting anywhere. It still hurts. cry cry cry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by korel9: 3:45am On Oct 03, 2014
SmooshCHN: Saving the best for the last. If not I won't be encouraged to finish the Rice. But one day I mistakenly swallowed the Meat before even getting anywhere. It still hurts. cry cry cry

Come, you no dey sleep? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by ekemit(m): 3:47am On Oct 03, 2014
if you finish the meat the food go quickly tire you

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by debosola(f): 3:47am On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmm! Because it kinda gives you something to look forward to during the meal. grin

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Guy?

must you open thread?
Na people like you dey spit for didn't So nobody go fit join you. See your mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 3:49am On Oct 03, 2014
It's the trophy you win after running a marathon! The trophy comes last. grin

32 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:49am On Oct 03, 2014
korel9:

Come, you no dey sleep? undecided
I sleep in the day, and active at night. Any meat for me?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 03, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

to take wash mouth after the hard work

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:50am On Oct 03, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: It's the trophy you win after running a marathon! The trophy comes last. grin
sheyiOlu: The Meat(s) are good for landing,and it's always sweeter like that.
bloglover: Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena
I'm telling you.. Especially When It's fried. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by gen2briz(m): 3:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Try and eat meat before you finish food for my mummy face, Hummmm na that igbati / iforun wey they reset pikin brain go next . For me, na, upbringing.

*Modified *

24 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by hayoakins(m): 3:52am On Oct 03, 2014
I need to ask my mum cheesy.

I was brought up that way, no matter how hard I try to reverse it, I still can't except when I am eating with some sharp guys who may want to sharply meat nap(kidnap) my meat.

Serve me with several pieces of meat, I will only remember to start devouring them when the plate is almost empty. smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by korel9: 3:53am On Oct 03, 2014
SmooshCHN: I sleep in the day, and active at night. Any meat for me?

Sorry I never knew you would still be awake grin grin. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by psp2pc(m): 3:53am On Oct 03, 2014
SmooshCHN: I sleep in the day, and active at night. Any meat for me?

you be yahoo boy or witch&wizard

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 03, 2014
I always eat my protein first. Well I don't finish it at once but I start with it.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 03, 2014
Don't know about anyone here but knowing there's meat or whatever at the end of the meal feels like a price. Save the best for the last uno wink

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:54am On Oct 03, 2014
korel9:

Does your sorry mean no fried meat for me? Oya go sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by ednut1(m): 3:55am On Oct 03, 2014
see question. wen eat meat first ur belle bcoms full dat u cant finish d main food duh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Kezifils(m): 3:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Question for the...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:58am On Oct 03, 2014
korel9:

Does your sorry mean no fried meat for me Oya go sleep.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Atmmachine(m): 3:58am On Oct 03, 2014
Your question should be "Why do poor Nigerian eat meat after eating their meal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 3:59am On Oct 03, 2014
psp2pc:

you be yahoo boy or witch&wizard
You dey talk am like sey I dey do bad thing. Because sey I no be Celeb
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Atmmachine(m): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Your question should be "Why do poor Nigerian eat meat at the end of their meal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by fittty(m): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2014
undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by LMAyedun(m): 4:02am On Oct 03, 2014
debosola: Hmmm! Because it kinda gives you something to look forward to during the meal. grin
Gbam!! More like a motivation. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) / Weevil Has Finished My Beans,how Can I Preserve Beans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.