Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! (18007 Views)

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan / Dasuki: Jonathan Denies Approving N2 Billion Contract 4 D Procurement Of Weapon / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Abbey2sam(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2014
chinwike2: who is this one ? Run along boy ! Wait o o he carelessly forgot to highlight the part i wrote- "FG still invests in transmission' children of now-a-days ! But he still doesnt deserve my sympathy. Oya pick up your ball and run along kid ! !

can't you have a matured conversation without trying to insult the person......

bring in a valid evidence to your claims
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by chris365(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2014
nkenu: Lets start feeling the impact of the already commissioned dams first befor we start getting excited about this news. Sometimes, its all starts and ends in the front pages of the news peppers. Na wash!!! shocked

go and pay your NEPA bills oga, if you want to enjoy this steady powergrin.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by prowlG: 7:23am On Oct 03, 2014
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by smartg(m): 7:24am On Oct 03, 2014
estyvino: We shall overcome power problem in this nation! This is because we can
with mouth, abii?
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Asek1(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2014
All we are s-a-y-i-n-g, give us stable light.
I prefer they stop feeding us with this stories and move straight to execution. The manifestation will be there for all to see when they(FG) deliver.
I sincerely hope this comes to pass in the shortest possible time...

1 Like

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2014
I tire o my broda.
The biggest in Africa and itz capacity is just 3000MW undecided

If true,itz simply telling us dat d method isn't cost effective...#Shikena
abes: Biggest in Africa? They are not honest, why should we believe them?
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by austinereds(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2014
since.but great its finally signed..thanks to GEJ...
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by obailala(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2014
VoteOutPDPJona: Like Ibos like Middle belterns. Like second Niger bridge like this election Mambila power plant contract. People Deceiving People. Nigerians are no longer daft. grin angry angry angry
Dude, who told you Nigerians are no longer daft?... a lot of people are already rejoicing at this white elephant 4months to election promise of 'proposed' power plant, in fact many have already included it as one of the major achievements of Jona just like they are already singing his praises for 'building' 2nd niger bridge.

As for me, these political charlatans should wake me up only when (if) the project is being commissioned.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by disloman(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2014
I don't understand d partying abt this.He hasn't sign d contract.Make him sign d contract 1st.My own opinion?Just a stunt.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by disloman(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2014
chris365:

go and pay your NEPA bills oga, if you want to enjoy this steady powergrin.
U r a mumu.Is that d primary thing?Some pple r just dumb.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by obailala(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2014
Another election promise to deceive the teeming population of gullible Nigerians.

God help us!
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Ugovin: We aint Blind Mr President, you are just. Creating Avenue for money laundry!!!!!! Ewu hausa!!!! grin
learn how to spell, alright?? Laundry indeed.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2014
disloman: U r a mumu.Is that d primary thing?Some pple r just dumb.
yes it is. Oga dumber. U dnt pay bills yet u want lite.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by disloman(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Odinaka00:

See as u dey display ur stupidity for NL, its like mtn, everywhere u go, ....u get brain so? Anumpama
U r d stupi..d one here.Selling ur thinking faculty 4 amount that can't feed u till d day u die.Do something positive with ur life.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by bright007(f): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2014
The federal government wants to light-up Sambisa forest
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by disloman(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2014
Preciousone4ril: yes it is. Oga dumber. U dnt pay bills yet u want lite.
Oba awon dummies.C ur life.paying 4 what I'm nt enjoying n still no difference.Lolzzzzzzzzz.U made my day with ur stupidity.Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2014
I like this but I fear its just a campaign strategy.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by disloman(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Preciousone4ril: learn how to spell, alright?? Laundry indeed.
Correct him n we knw u did one positive thing with ur useless life.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by greaterlove(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2014
For those saying this is because of next year election I have this question:
Was the agric reform, the automobile policy, freedom of information bill, the railway revival, the road constructions, ajaokuta steel that is gradually coming to life, the growth in manufacturing, growth in economy, the privatization of the power sector etc all because of election?
Goodluck so far has proven to be a politician who does what he says, when it comes to infrastructure I can take this government promises to the bank.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by emmygzy(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2014
obasanjo already commisioned the contract before he left office with 1 billion dollar loan collected, yaradua cancelled the project and Jonathan after six year now recommission it again. election antics and tactics. all the gas fired plants was done during obasanjos era and they were near completion before he left in 2007. jonathan could not even complete most of them, even after using 6 years in power. all those power stations has the combined capacity of about 10,000megawatt and we're generating about 4000mw now. jonathan never initiated any new power stations and the ones obasanjo initiated, after six years he cant complete them. jonathan has failed nigerians.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by makzeze: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2014
I want to know how much Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria(TAN) has paid Nairaland to compaign for GEJ and PDP.

APC and others copy same pls.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by samplegirl(f): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
arresa: SA produces 45% of generated electricity in Africa.

SA has the worlds largest coal fired power plant that produces 4,111 MW

SA is building another coal fired power plant to top the current world record holder @ 4,800 MW for $805 million

But Nigeria is spending $7 billion on a 3,000 MW power plant... + The $20 billion they've spent that gave us nothing but continued darkness..

Sometimes I wonder about Nigeria and the clowns running this country..

Link to prove your claims!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by racheljmoncrief: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Taken out and they're mostly one-way Kanab here's safflower oil here the ratio of a lot to all of is 746which means that %uh floor also got virtually know I'll an hour as a stuffy married but salary original omega-3 for DSR corn oil was 46 versus canola oil which is got a goodie on most vegetarian circles buddy rich yes ratios 13 am they all [url]super power vx[/url] I want to Roy start your period is so all I while I guess I have to give agree light all I Walt reluctantly but it's got about a five thousand your are clear track record on mammograms chant for all urns flack from its ratios point 23 for means let's go over four times as much loll as law so you're going to any oil make sure it's flax now this is what’s wrong were basing our entire culture on grains that means that fan foods that we eat and I am also way non-vegetarian it are going to be stuff all .
http://superpowervxbr.com/
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:24am On Oct 03, 2014
emmygzy: obasanjo already commisioned the contract before he left office with 1 billion dollar loan collected, yaradua cancelled the project and Jonathan after six year now recommission it again. election antics and tactics. all the gas fired plants was done during obasanjos era and they were near completion before he left in 2007. jonathan could not even complete most of them, even after using 6 years in power. all those power stations has the combined capacity of about 10,000megawatt and we're generating about 4000mw now. jonathan never initiated any new power stations and the ones obasanjo initiated, after six years he cant complete them. jonathan has failed nigerians.
You maybe right but why did it take Obasanjo eight years to only initiate power projects not build and commission one. Don't you think Obasanjo has fail us too

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Lachynos2k2(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Rikidony: Op stop spreading fake info, Mambilla power is not the biggest power project in africa. the Kenyan govt just sign a contract with China to build 5000mg power station even DRCONGO is building the biggest hyddro power station in africa. dude we are celebrating medeocrity in this country when smaller and less rich contries are doing more.

yes Gej is doing his best to stabilize power which we thank him for that
5000mg? in tablet or capsule?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Rikidony(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Stevaz01:
did you just say he's trying..??
you fall my hand gan ooo Bros..
didn't they say 'to whom much is given,.much more is expected??'
as a matter of fact,it's high time he paved his office and let someone else try more

#GEJ is out of ideas.. Na brain remain
THEN WHO DO YOU THINK IS CAPABLE
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by abes(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2014
victorazy:

Is bcux ur a f00l that doesn't know that no African power plant generates more than that.

I won't call a fool yet. First, I will the world a favour by enlighten you a bit. check this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_South_Africa

Then come here so you can tell me what you really are.
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by yomi007k(m): 8:50am On Oct 03, 2014
SCAM
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by businesslawyer(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2014
This same project whose Contract was ratified in 2011 by this same Government promising 87monts completion period at around $2billion suddenly is getting re awarded just to make political statement-http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/fec-ratifies-mambilla-hydro-power-project.

We have a lying deceptive government.
THIS WAS IN 2011
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday ratified an earlier awarded contract of N5.65billion (US$37.2million) for the proposed 2,600-Megawatt Mambilla Hydro power project in Taraba.

Minister of Information and Communications Labaran Maku told reporters after the FEC meeting which was presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House in Abuja.

Labaran said the contract was awarded to Messrs Coyne et Bellier together with two local companies with an 87 months completion period.

Clarifying an earlier FEC directive stopping the award of all contracts since December 2010, Labaran said the Mambilla power project had been awarded previously, but there was the need for its ratification by the Council.

"It is a crown project for this country in addressing significantly the issue of power," he said, stressing that the project was one of the major programmes of the Federal Government towards improving energy security in the country.

The FEC also ratified approval for the variation of the contracts for the construction of 225MW Gbarain Power Plant and 338MW Egbema Power Plant. The ratification of the variation was as a result of memos presented by the Minister of State for Power, Nuhu Wyato.

The government had made a request made to the contractors to modify the design of the plant to accommodate additional gas turbines and combined cycle operation.

Gbarain contract was reviewed from N21billion to N33.5billion while Egbema contract was reviewed to raise expected generation from 338MW to 675MW.

Crowd management

In another development, the President has directed special training of security agencies on crowd management to avoid future occurrence of the last week’s tragedy in Port Harcourt.

Labaran said the President gave the directive after the Council had reviewed the incidence.

He stated that FEC commiserated with the families of the victims of the tragedy and prayed God for the repose of their souls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by Rapzino: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2014
I'm happy that my State is getting recognition
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by tokjohn: 9:02am On Oct 03, 2014
See the action of FC BAYERN MUNCHEN vs REAL MADRID

Please like and share!
Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omW-5QRzyzc
Re: FG To Sign $7 Billion Contract For Mambila Power Plant This Month!! by wisenewgem(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

I actually thought you were brighter than this. So you actually believe a 4,800 mw power plant can be built for $805 million? Fact is that the $805 million was an initial loan taken out to fund the Kuslie project commencement in SA, and most certainly not the entire amount required, as shown by this list of funders:

''The following institutions are involved in supporting the Kusile Power Station:

Multilateral development banks:

African Development Bank - $500 million corporate loan, November 2008

Banks:

Bank of America - advisory service, October 2010
Bank of Tokyo Misubishi UFJ - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
Barclays - advisory service, October 2010
BNP Pribas - corporate loan as part of 1,185 million euro syndicated loan
Credit Agricole - corporate loan as part of 1,185 million euro syndicated loan
Credit Mutuel-CIC - corporate loan as part of 1,185 million euro syndicated loan
Credit Suisse Group - helping with the sale of a stake
Deutsche Bank - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
FirstRand Bank Ltd - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
HSBC Group - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
JPMorgan Chase - advisory services
KfW IPEX-Bank - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
Natixis - corporate loan as part of 1,185 million euro syndicated loan
Nedbank Group - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
Rand Merchand Bank - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009
Societe Generale - corporate loan as part of 1,185 million euro syndicated loan
Standard Bank - 705 million euro syndicated loan, December 2009''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusile_Power_Station

That must come up to several billions of dollars, no?

God bless you
Arresa Hope you are cleared

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Insists On Strike / Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga / Akwa Ibom Apc Suspends Membership Registration Due To Low Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.