Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth (731 Views)

Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth / Child Birth And A Hard Kick At The Balls; Which Is More Painful??? / Why Do Nurse Coverd Their Nose During Child Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth by Obanaijacom: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Popular dancer, choreographer and part actress Kemi Omotoyinbo has died. The beautiful lady who danced for several popular musicians including Pasuma, KWAM 1 and Shina Peters, died during childbirth in a private hospital in Lagos yesterday October 1st exactly 20 days after her wedding to husband Godwin Eloanyi, which was on September 13th.

According to her friends, Kemi was in and out of labour for several days in a private hospital and when she couldn't give birth the natural way, doctors said she would have to do a C&S. The doctors told her the operation would cost N450k and demanded an initial deposit of N300k before they do it.

According to Kemi's friends, the husband couldn't come up with the money immediately but begged the hospital to carry on with the operation that he would pay the next day (October 1st) but the hospital insisted on the deposit and refused to carry out the operation. Sadly, Kemi passed away last night.

How one of her friends told the story of what happened to Kemi

"Kemi wouldn’t have died if the doctors did pay attention to her. She was in labour for several days and was asked to pay certain amount of money before she could be operated upon. The truth is that Kemi was in labour for over one week. She tried in vain to give birth the normal way but the baby just didn’t come.

Eventually the doctor told her she would have to go through C&S. It was termed emergency C&S. The hospital told her husband that they would have to pay a sum of 450,000 for her to be operated upon. He also said that before anything could be done they would have to make a deposit of 300,000. The husband made several efforts to raise 300,000 but...............

full story http://www.obanaija.com/2014/10/popular-dancer-kemi-omotoyinbo-dies.html
Re: Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth by seunlayi(m): 7:00am On Oct 03, 2014
this life or is full of mystery.......

1 Like

Re: Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 03, 2014
This early morning naim you dey advertise blog untop person death matter
Re: Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth by flexing11(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2014
this is a very sad story why are some doctors so heartless why not save the human life first,i have a similar experience when my wife was place on c@s i was unable to make initial deposit but the doctor carried on with the operation'may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth by cyril10(m): 9:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Sorry for the loss, I always advice pregnant women to go register with general hospitals where they have a more qualified doctors and midwives than going to register at some of these quack private mushroom clinics where they will only succeed in killing the pregnant woman.

I have seen a woman they brought from a private clinic to general hospital Ikorodu because the physicians in that clinic could not deliver the woman of her baby, the woman died before they got to the general hospital with her pregnancy. A sister in my church equally died in a private hospital while trying to give birth, please I don't mean all the private clinics though but most.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To All Nairalanders (in France) / Which One is Correct -My Names Are & My Name Is ??? / Name One Thing You Can't Stay Without In A Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.