Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate (3812 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2014
I am not a fan of APC but watching Fashola in the last few months gives me a feeling he could truly be d greatest asset in d arsenal of APC against d PDP and Jonathan in 2015.
What's stopping him? If APC is truly sincere, why not present him?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 03, 2014
This is Nigeria!

Fashola is not from "catchment" area.

18 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by okosodo: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Fashola is not a hausa/fulani man

8 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 7:44am On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1: I am not a fan of APC but watching Fashola in the last few months gives me a feeling he could truly be d greatest asset in d arsenal of APC against d PDP and Jonathan in 2015.
What's stopping him? If APC is truly sincere, why not present him?

Is it not time you guys talking of "Fashola for 2015" face the reality of your own country for god sake? Why continue to talk as if Nigeria is the most sophisticated democracy in the world with the most discerning and refined electorate when the reality is that your people are unashamedly ethnocentric, highly prejudiced, currently very divided plus religiously and sectionally biased?

Present Fashola and the North will be largely apathetic. If you are from the SW do you think SW votes alone will defeat the "consensus candidate" of the PDP i.e Jonathan? If from the North, do you think the North, given all that has happened, is currently in the mood to vote for a ticket without a Northern Presidential candidate? If you are from the SS and SE do you want to fool yourself that many of your folks will vote Fashola instead of GEJ? You guys go on, without any pragmatism whatsoever, about Fashola for President without realising that the reality of your nation means you are asking the APC to commit suicide doing this.

It is not about the APC being "sincere". Fashola is a treasured and important member of the Party. He will play a very important part now or in the future. What the APC will not do is foolishly heed the "present Fashola and I will vote for APC" blackmail noise common to Nigerians from the SE and SS when the world knows many are already 100% committed to voting for Jonathan. Face the reality of your nation. Doing so will allow you all to tell the truth and shame the devil. Anyone really interested in the defeat of the PDP will see and focus on what can achieve that and not tout some pipe dream the reality on the ground can never achieve.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by adamooye5(m): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Even though i'm from the north, i have asked my self this same question severaly. Fashola to me is a true democrate.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

Is it not time you guys talking of "Fashola for 2015" face the reality of your own country for god sake? Why continue to talk as if Nigeria is the most sophisticated democracy in the world with the most discerning and refined electorate when the reality is that your people are unashamedly ethnocentric, highly prejudiced, currently very divided plus religiously and sectionally biased?

Present Fashola and the North will be largely apathetic. If you are from the SW do you think SW votes alone will defeat the "consensus candidate" of the PDP i.e Jonathan? If from the North, do you think the North, given all that has happened, is currently in the mood to vote for a ticket without a Northern Presidential candidate? If you are from the SS and SE do you want to fool yourself that many of your folks will vote Fashola instead of GEJ? You guys go on, without any pragmatism whatsoever, about Fashola for President without realising that the reality of your nation means you are asking the APC to commit suicide doing this.

It is not about the APC being "sincere". Fashola is a treasured and important member of the Party. He will play a very important part now or in the future. What the APC will not do is foolishly heed the "present Fashola and I will vote for APC" blackmail noise common to Nigerians from the SE and SS when the world knows many are already 100% committed to voting for Jonathan. Face the reality of your nation. Doing so will allow you all to tell the truth and shame the devil. Anyone really interested in the defeat of the PDP will see and focus on what can achieve that and not tout some pipe dream the reality on the

ground can never achieve.
That means APC is an ethnic party.

13 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by malele(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Because he is a slave to the northerns

10 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2014
adamooye5: Even though i'm from the north, i have asked my self this same question severaly. Fashola to me is a true democrate.

So average Northerners will troop out to vote for Fashola? The biggest clue to the fact that the APC defers pragmatically to the reality of Nigeria is how Fashola himself is not insisting on getting the APC Presidential ticket. The man is aware of his own immense popularity but he is also a realistically dynamic leader and critical thinker who works with the reality on the ground. Fashola knows he will get his chance in future when conditions are more favourably disposed to him becoming President if that indeed even remains his ambition.

10 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by fkaz(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2014
@ops that is why you need to support the winning team

BUHARI/FASHOLA FOR 2015

11 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Whatever you conclude is 100% true according to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by fkaz(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And what is PDP?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by neenar: 8:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Even if they produce him, will you vote? Did Nigerians vote Ribadu in 2011? Utomi during his several attempts? The answer is NO! Honest men would always waste because Nigerians would rather elect the "catchy" ones, however bad they are.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2014
fkaz:

And what is PDP?

Don't mind people like that. How many times did I mention "reality on the ground" before he still went ahead to conclude the APC is an "ethnic Party"? Should the Party work in defiance of the reality attached to its own electorate? Is that not madness? Would that not be tantamount to following the saying "if you fail to plan then you plan to fail"? Yes APC should go to the polls naively and embracing idealism to ignorantly present Fashola so that the North can stay at home, the SE and SS unquestioningly give 100% figures for GEJ and the SW alone suddenly double in size to give Fashola a win.

Obvious most people are followers and can simply not understand the constraints and reality affecting the decisions leaders make. Yes the APC will foolishly follow the hankering of a few in the Nigerian elite/educated class and ignore the reality attached to as much as 80% of the population. Very wise indeed and a recipe for a 'resounding' 2015 win.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2014
@neenar, non of d mentioned guys had d popularity like Fashola has now. Non also had a strong political base n platform like d APC. I'll vote him any day.
my greatest fear is that APC as a party will wane in strength n popularity after 2015 leaving Fashola weaker plus Nigerians are quick to forget.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Ayed44: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2014
noblezone: This is Nigeria!

Fashola is not from "catchment" area.
u have said it all. APC was formed purposely to return power to the north, and Fashola is not from d north.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by SirHouloo(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Coz the party was created only to install a worn-out Buhari as our president, any other candidate is ineligible.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Ayed44: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

It is not about the APC being "sincere". Fashola is a treasured and important member of the Party. He will play a very important part now or in the future. What the APC will not do is foolishly heed the "present Fashola and I will vote for APC" blackmail noise common to Nigerians from the SE and SS when the world knows many are already 100% committed to voting for Jonathan. Face the reality of your nation. Doing so will allow you all to tell the truth and shame the devil. Anyone really interested in the defeat of the PDP will see and focus on what can achieve that and not tout some pipe dream the reality on the ground can never achieve.
in other words, what you are saying is that APC must present a northerner as its presidential candidate in order to appease the "powerful north", right?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by EdCure: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Nigeria is a multi-ethnic/regional entity and all sections need to be pleased. Unfortunately at a time like this, it is the turn of the North and we have to deal with it.

The fact that Fashola is in APC is enough hope that the party will make a great difference when in power.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by PointB: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Ayed44: in other words, what you are saying is that APC must present a northerner as its presidential candidate in order to appease the "powerful north", right?

How do they say it?

G-B-A-M!

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2014
@Gwabe I hope his so called political calculations doesn't land him in PDP when he is finally ready to contest. I still think now is the best time for him, before Nigerians forget n before APC disintegrates
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by PointB: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Bottom line remain, SW will not have the presidency, until the SE have had their turn.

This is NIGERIA!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Ayed44: in other words, what you are saying is that APC must present a northerner as its presidential candidate in order to appease the "powerful north", right?

For god sake !!! When will you guys rise above the primordial hatred of others that makes you blind yourselves to even the simplest logic? For the absence of doubt, my argument is that the APC must factor in the reality on the ground today and respect current history and demographic mood and nuances which will affect voting dynamics.

Nothing at all to do with kowtowing to the "born to rule" North people like you, with your contributions here so far, are always keen to introduce into every single damn thing.

8 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by neenar: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1: @neenar, non of d mentioned guys had d popularity like Fashola has now. Non also had a strong political base n platform like d APC. I'll vote him any day.
my greatest fear is that APC as a party will wane in strength n popularity after 2015 leaving Fashola weaker plus Nigerians are quick to forget.
You will, but would the others? Nigeria as a country has been really divided along reigious lines. So much so that Fashola wouldn't win even 50 percent of Southern votes. The SS and SE, and some bigoted SWners wouldn't vote him in, so his candidature would be unpopular. He may still emerge as VP, though.

BTW, I am tired of the "if there is no other candidate, I'll vote GEJ" phrase. If you think neither candidate is good, then don't vote! Simple!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 8:35am On Oct 03, 2014
SirHouloo: Coz the party was created only to install a worn-out Buhari as our president, any other candidate is ineligible.
tnx, one wonders what'll happen to APC if this purpose isn't achieved
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 8:36am On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1: @Gwabe I hope his so called political calculations doesn't land him in PDP when he is finally ready to contest. I still think now is the best time for him, before Nigerians forget n before APC disintegrates

Now is not the best time for Fashola. Don't fool yourself. Eschew idealism and sentiments. Look at the reality pragmatically my friend and it will be obvious this is not the "best time" for Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by PointB: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1:
tnx, one wonders what'll happen to APC if this purpose isn't achieved

Same thing that happened to AD, AC, ANPP, etc!
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by mainheart(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2014
fashola/kano state governor, the best candidate for APC
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

If I got u correct Mr Gbawe, the main reason APC can't and won't present Fashola as candidate is because the north won't vote him because he isn't one of them. The West is ready to vite an Atiku, Buhari and Kwankwaso but the north won't vote Fashola because he is Yoruba. That's very sad, coming from a self acclaimed progressive party. What does that say about the relationship between the two nations?:

11 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2014
neenar: You will, but would the others? Nigeria as a country has been really divided along reigious lines. So much so that Fashola wouldn't win even 50 percent of Southern votes. BTW, I am tired of the "if there is no other candidate, I'll vote GEJ" phrase. If you think neither candidate is good, then don't vote! Simple!

Thank you. As if we do not know that the "I will only vote APC if they present Fashola" noise is simply another distracting excuse from a hardcore group of North-hating voters who have already 100% settled on GEJ anyway. Even on Nairaland, it is the posters who have always called Fashola a "fraud" and Flower planter" now shamelessly claiming he is the "only candidate", if given the presidential ticket, that will make them vote APC. Go figure. Sadly for some, APC leaders are intelligent and wise enough to make solid decisions based on the reality related to majority of Nigerian voters and not a small educated/elite class with internet access.

9 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2014
neenar: You will, but would the others? Nigeria as a country has been really divided along reigious lines. So much so that Fashola wouldn't win even 50 percent of Southern votes. The SS and SE, and some bigoted SWners wouldn't vote him in, so his candidature would be unpopular. He may still emerge as VP, though.

BTW, I am tired of the "if there is no other candidate, I'll vote GEJ" phrase. If you think neither candidate is good, then don't vote! Simple!
Bigoted SWners? You call them bigoted because they would rather vote an Ijaw Jonathan than their brother Fashola. Why then do you guys accuse the SEners and SSners of bigotry for standing behind Jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by agabusta: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2014
PointB: Bottom line remain, SW will not have the presidency, until the SE have had their turn.

This is NIGERIA!

We don't mind. Just present a credible candidate. And we will be ready vote the individual.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Ayed44: 8:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

For god sake !!! When will you guys rise above the primordial hatred of others that makes you blind yourselves to even the simplest logic? For the absence of doubt, my argument is that the APC must factor in the reality on the ground today and respect current history and demographic mood which will affect voting nuances/dynamics/trends.

Nothing at all to do with kowtowing to the "born to rule" North people like you, with your contributions here so far, are always keen to introduce into every single damn thing.
my dear, forget about the simplest logic you are talking about. You are not the only one here who understands logic, ok? You may not know but I know that APC was formed just for the realization of "Buhari presidency". This is the reason a Fashola can not be their candidate.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Need An Army Of 500,000 Men, Minimum. / A Woman Served Meat Pie Couldn't Believe What She Found Inside (photo) / Dasukigate:when Is President Buhari Returning His Own Share Of The Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.