Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. (605 Views)

Juju To Protect Yourself From NL Unwanted Ban? Come In! / Asian Man Pickpockets Phone With Chopsticks(pics) / Lawyer Among Car Snatchers Arrested In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by Tochi4life: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Hi... guys, happy new month to all of you. December is fast approaching and the number of crimes and stealing is skyrocketing with each passing day. Yesterday on my way back from work, heading to Orile just after the national theater, I saw some guys snatch a lady's handbag from inside the bus... this is a daily occurrence in that area... it's so sad what that area has turned into and it's like that almost everywhere... so here are some tips to protect you from such incidence.

1, Don't press your phone while sitting near the window in any vehicle, public or private. It will make you an easy target and the attacker will vanish before you even realize what happened. I've seen it several times especially around that Orile/Mile 2 road. So try as much as possible to keep your phones in your pocket till you get home.

2, For the ladies, always hold your purse or handbag very close to your body and shorten the strap so it will be tighter.

3, Guys don't hang your backpack on one shoulder, I've been guilty of this on so many occasions and barely escaped an attempted snatching on one occasion.

4, And try to put very sensitive in formations on your pocket instead of bag... e.g your atm etc should be on your wallet inside your pocket or at home... Nothing even advisable to move around with your atm card or get two and keep one at home and use this one with lesser funds when you go out.

5, Lastly, remember that your life is more important than any of these so don't put up too much fight if you fall victim... I once saw a lady try to wrestle her handbag from an agbero who tried to snatch it and he gave her a very hard blow on the eyes.... she went blind for some minutes... Just remember all these can be replaced if you are still alive.

Hope these tips will help someone out there... so sad what some desperate people are doing just to turn up and live large this Christmas.

Guys please if you have any other tip, add it below and help someone.
Re: Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by naijaboiy: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2014
guys always hold your dick while walking in crowded places... lipsrsealed

Ritualists are around o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by iceberylin(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2014
ĤŐŴ ĨŚ ŤĤĨŚ ŔŐMÁŃŤĨČ undecided

1 Like

Re: Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by naijaboiy: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2014
iceberylin: ĤŐŴ ĨŚ ŤĤĨŚ ŔŐMÁŃŤĨČ undecided
It should be moved to the general section I guess
Re: Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by iceberylin(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2014
naijaboiy:
It should be moved to the general section I guess
MÁŶßĔ ŤŐ ŤĤĔ ŤŔÁŚĤ ßĨŃ wink
Re: Ember Month Crimes: How To Protect Yourself From Bag Snatchers, Pickpockets Etc. by Spidermon: 10:10am On Oct 03, 2014
U can get a sheathed machete around ur waist. Any hand wey hold u pass 3 seconds and doesn't feel familiar gets chopped off.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Firms Exporting ‘torture Devices’ To Africa In Higher Frequency / Jonathan Unveils N100 Commemorative Notes(photo) / Daughter Of Former NFL Player Found Shot To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.