Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Gerrard Or Lampard - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Gerrard Or Lampard (3415 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / Shocking!!! Frank Lampard Evicts 100-year Old Great--granny Of His Children / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Sauron1: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2008
Ibime:

Abramovic wanted Gerrard, not Mourinho. All Mourinho said is "if him come, him come. I will have to work him."

Seriously though, Gerrard is way overrated whilst Lamps is very underrated. The same year Gerrard won the CL, Lamps came second in World Player of the year. Fans of Bayern Munich and such can testify to the destruction that Lampard wrought throughout the CL that year. His award was in recognition of the fact that he had a very good Champions League, even better than Gerrard who won it. This year, he was voted European midfielder of the year. Yet, the English hate him with a passion because they are misguided into a belief that he is holding Gerrard back from fulfilling his 'potential' in England's central midfield. grin grin grin. A prophet is not honoured in his own country. They did the same to Glen Hoddle. They tend to persecute players because of media bias. For years, they also booed Owen Hargreaves.

Just the same way AC Milan would testify to Gerrard's verve and panache in Istanbul.
We are talking about a team with polished defenders like Nesta and Maldini here not a mediocre Bayern Munich team that struggled to go past Arsenal.
Tell me how Lampard made the European Midfielder of The Year if he isn't overrated.
Lampard wasn't even the best midfielder in Chelsea in the UCL last season. . . .What about Essien, Makelele or Ballack??

Because of idiots like Gerrard, qualified players like Scholes had to retire from England team after being pushed out to the left wing. angry

Gerrard is not an idiot. . . . .Fergie pushed Scholes out to conserve his energy solely for Man Utd.

Gerrard would not fit in with Chelsea's passing game. He cannot keep up with Mikel and Deco's passing unlike Lampard. He will be out of his depth, just like Abidal is out of his depth when Barcelona start to pass the ball. grin grin grin

Mikel Obi with his sideways and backwards passing?? U are very funny.
Players like Gerrard make things happen. . . . .He won't be contented passing backwards and the more u put passes forward, the higher the risk of interception by the opposing teams.
Deco can pass the ball but Lampard?? Fat Frank cannot even hold a candle to United's Michael Carrick with sublime passes.
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Ibime(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2008
Lampard: 156 career goals

Gerrard: 100 career goals

Lampard has the second highest ever number of assists in the Premierleague in 04/05 with 18 assists, two behind Henry's record of 20 assists in 02/03

Stats always show Lamps leading on pass accuracy, no of passes, distance covered, assists, goals, you name it.

Enough said!
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
Ibime:

Lampard: 156 career goals

Gerrard: 100 career goals

Lampard has the second highest ever number of assists in the Premierleague in 04/05 with 18 assists, two behind Henry's record of 20 assists in 02/03

Stats always show Lamps leading on pass accuracy, no of passes, distance covered, assists, goals, you name it.

Enough said!

Team quality is the KEY.
Lampard plays around world class players and they make his job far far easy.
How can u compare him to Gerrard that plays with Neil Mellor, Cisse and a robotic Peter Crouch of 2004/5 season.
Be honest, would Lampard cop 18 assists for Tottenham or Liverpool??
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Olaolufred(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2008
This year, he was voted European midfielder of the year. Yet, the English hate him with a passion because they are misguided into a belief that he is holding Gerrard back from fulfilling his 'potential' in England's central midfield.    .  A prophet is not honoured in his own country.

Ibime, If in Nigeria everybody prefers okocha in the Midfield than Oruma.
Is it because One has more Nigeria blood than the other? NOOOOOOOOOOO.
People sees before making judgement.
So, no ammount of your defence will make the Britons and even me to see white and be calling it black.

They are both britons. why was Gerrard not treated as the prophet? Please, you can't be in P/H and know
more than Lampard's people. They have judged right by giving preference to whom it is due.

If Oruma(Lamps) is not having it good wt his people, May be there is a better Okocha(Gerrard) around.

When u get to animal's kingdom, never think monkey will be King.
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by A40(m): 3:04am On Nov 12, 2008
I would take Gerrard every day of the week Lampard is a close second
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by JKR(f): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2008
Offcourse Liverpool King-Gerrad grin wink smiley[flash=200,200][/flash][/color][color=#000099]
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by tocdee(m): 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ IbimeIf you continue telling yourself that Lampard is better than Gerrard, you stand the risk of actually believing it! 
cry undecided  shocked cheesy cool
You see?
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by bollingjoe(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2008
gerrard is da bomb
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Ibime(m): 1:56am On Nov 13, 2008
tocdee:

@ IbimeIf you continue telling yourself that Lampard is better than Gerrard, you stand the risk of actually believing it!
cry undecided  shocked cheesy cool
You see?

Why should I convince myself that Lamps is better when all the stats say he is? On the other hand, if you keep believing the hype, you will actually believe that Gerrard is better. I prefer my football played a certain way, and that is methodical and on the ground. Gerrard does not fit into that mould. My favourite player is Iniesta. Soon some Liverpool fan will come and tell me that Gerrard is better than Iniesta. All sentimentality and last minute glory goals aside, I prefer to stick to the statistics and the facts. The fact is that Lamps is Mr consistent. Over a league season, I know who I prefer in my corner - the one who scores more goals, makes more assists, covers more distance and has better passing accuracy. Full stop.

Olaolufred:

Ibime, If in Nigeria everybody prefers okocha in the Midfield than Oruma.
Is it because One has more Nigeria blood than the other? NOOOOOOOOOOO.
People sees before making judgement.
So, no ammount of your defence will make the Britons and even me to see white and be calling it black.

They are both britons. why was Gerrard not treated as the prophet? Please, you can't be in P/H and know
more than Lampard's people. They have judged right by giving preference to whom it is due.

If Oruma(Lamps) is not having it good wt his people, May be there is a better Okocha(Gerrard) around.

When u get to animal's kingdom, never think monkey will be King.

The only difference between this asinine comparison and reality is that Oruma did not take Okocha's position for five straight years. And by the way, I am not in the land of NEPA.

~Sauron~:

Mikel Obi with his sideways and backwards passing?? U are very funny,

We call Mikels style of football "give I give". It is the way Naija teams have played for a long time. The intention is to dominate possession and suffocate the opposition midfield, forcing them into mistakes and frustration and lulling them into a false sense of safety before hitting them with a sharp attack. Fashi!

~Sauron~:
Players like Gerrard make things happen. . . . .He won't be contented passing backwards and the more u put passes forward, the higher the risk of interception by the opposing teams.

If so, he should have more assists than Lamps shebi?
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by Sauron1: 1:58am On Nov 13, 2008
Of course, Iniesta is the one of the best midfielders in Europe.
I would choose Iniesta over Gerrard any given day and Iniesta is several light years ahead of Lampard or any midfielder in England.
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by dyabman(m): 4:59am On Nov 13, 2008
started again , this aruguement no go finish oooooooooooooo

Lamps is always the best , he scores, passes , can play three seasons consistently.

That guy is surely Chelseas Legend.
Re: Gerrard Or Lampard by SaiSaraki(m): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2008
I go with Gerrard!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marseille Vs Bayern Munich (0 - 2) On 28th March 2012 / Champions League Draw: The Round Of 16 Fixtures Revealed / First Goal Single Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.