Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? (464 Views)

Your Take: Change In Colour Of Our Currency / See What Our Currency Is Like / Odi Dollars Flaunts Shrine With Foreign Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by bongolistik(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2014
I had to mention this because of what I just saw now. I went to buy a SIM card from an under the umbreller retailer, and I also bought a N100 recharge on the process.

I then brought out N500 from my wallet and handed it over to the guy in charge and it was next for him to give me my N200 change.

OMG! and the guy brought out this N200, not even an old N200, but mehn! You just need to see how squeezed is this N200, as if he was about to throw it into a trash can. Meanwhile this is our currency, our priceless identitity that you and I toil day and night to have them in large quantity, then why squeeze it mercilessly as if it has no single value? Why squeeze it the same way you will squeeze that old worthless paper that you throw inside bin.

I was shocked to my nerve at the extent of squeeze that I have to clear the guy by asking him what this nonesense act is all about, squeezing money that took me almost two minutes to unfold and stretch out so as to fit in my wallet. I have to tell him there and then to desist from such act.

If at all we all have the Nigerian dream at heart, how is that suppose to be a case again? How must a full blown adult squeeze highly valued money in such a manner lik a one year old baby. Is the government again to blame on that? Haba Nigerians! At least if there is one thing that we all value, it is money, it is our currency.

I know that he is not the only guilty person here but at least even if you will fold money, not to such extent, just a single pair fold will be Ok. I think is hightime we started getting these little things right if at all there is hope for the nation, because if we can't still get things like this right what else can we get right in this country.

My major question is: why fold money in a manner that makes it seem worthless?
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2014
it has value.. really! cos i tend to make sure my dollars are kept very clean and straight.. cos they have value at least over N165 value as of yesterday grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by pweedyuz(f): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2014
space booked!
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by eddyland: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2014
MOD no go see dis one carry am go FP, if na 2 ban ppl or carry 'why dis gel snatchd her frend husband' e don imediatly reach FP. MOD dier ris God o
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by eruchboy(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2014
The major problem are not those who fold but those who intentionally squeeze it like its bribe money or like its to be swallowed.As for me i like fresh mint money & i even straighten money with steam pressing iron
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Its because of .....
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Maybe na that N200 the guy don roger abi did he fold the N500 you gave to him?
Re: Why Do We Fold And Squeeze Our Currency As If It Has No Value? by Mention(m): 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
Landed property...
Don't trespass!!!

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Its Traffic,gala And Lacacera That Makes Lagosian Put On Weight ? / Ugly Man Complains Why Wouldn't Girls Just Let Him Be / Iran Has Killed A Woman Who Killed A Man She Said Trid To Assaul Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.