Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp (940 Views)

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / How To Create/ Open 2go Mobile Chat Account / 2go Mobile Chat For Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by vowiski(m): 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
www.techrez.com/2014/10/google-mobile-chat-app-whatsapp.html
Reports claim Google made offers in excess of $10 billion to acquire WhatsApp, but it was Facebook who stole the spotlight with a mouth-shattering $19 billion offer, making it one of the biggest technology deals.

Now, Google wants to take on WhatsApp and become relevant amongst the ever growing user base addicted to mobile messaging. To achieve this, Google product manager Nikhyl Singhal has been sent to India with a mission to access the ecosystem of mobile messaging in India, and discover how Google can make itself visible.

Don’t Miss: I Am A 2Go Addict And I Am Scared About Its Future.

Google messenger is expected to be launched first in India – a country which has recently become a testing ground for Google. However, the app is reported to be in early stages of development and could see a potential launch sometime in 2105. A Google spokesman declined comment on this development, saying Google doesn’t respond to rumours.

What We Know So Far
The new Google messenger will work similar to WhatsApp. Users won’t be forced to provide a Google.....
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by DimitriLavrov: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
vowiski: www.techrez.com/2014/10/google-mobile-chat-app-whatsapp.html
Reports claim Google made offers in excess of $10 billion to acquire WhatsApp, but it was Facebook who stole the spotlight with a mouth-shattering $19 billion offer, making it one of the biggest technology deals.

Now, Google wants to take on WhatsApp and become relevant amongst the ever growing user base addicted to mobile messaging. To achieve this, Google product manager Nikhyl Singhal has been sent to India with a mission to access the ecosystem of mobile messaging in India, and discover how Google can make itself visible.

Don’t Miss: I Am A 2Go Addict And I Am Scared About Its Future.

Google messenger is expected to be launched first in India – a country which has recently become a testing ground for Google. However, the app is reported to be in early stages of development and could see a potential launch sometime in 2105. A Google spokesman declined comment on this development, saying Google doesn’t respond to rumours.

What We Know So Far
The new Google messenger will work similar to WhatsApp. Users won’t be forced to provide a Google.....
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by since2005(f): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
[size=35pt]I fear for whatsapp!![/size]
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by luvlyoracle(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
En go make sense die grin
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by nani667: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
If you offer $10 billion and it's refused, get a team together and replicate same service.
Hopefully, it would not be another Google+ white elephant!!!
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by vowiski(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lexusgs430: If you offer $10 billion and it's refused, get a team together and replicate same service.
Hopefully, it would not be another Google+ white elephant!!!

Lol, Google+ was a complete disaster.. The hype of it being the Facebook killer killed the social platform on arrival. I hope this won't be another Motorola fiasco.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by nani667: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
vowiski:

Lol, Google+ was a complete disaster.. The hype of it being the Facebook killer killed the social platform on arrival. I hope this won't be another Motorola fiasco.. cheesy

Google+ isn't that bad tho.... Loads of people use it....

And their Hangouts app is already pretty cool...

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Lexusgs430: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
nani667:

Google+ isn't that bad tho.... Loads of people use it....

And their Hangouts app is already pretty cool...

Hangout and Google Talk integration, put the app where it should have been from inception.
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
vowiski:

Google+ was over-hyped, and it was DOA.
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by vowiski(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Google+ was over-hyped, and it was DOA.

Exactly the point... So we are not saying Google+ is bad @nani667, it just didn't live up to the buzz.. cheesy
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by nani667: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
vowiski:

Exactly the point... So we are not saying Google+ is bad @nani667, it just didn't live up to the buzz.. cheesy

True that... I'm not really a fan of the Google+ sef...don't really know why I leave it installed on my phone...

Although you'll agree that there are significant improvements in their new hangouts app.... It's already very similar to Whatsapp as it is...it can do everything that Whatsapp does... And Quite frankly it has more features than Whatsapp
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Lexusgs430: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
nani667:

True that... I'm not really a fan of the Google+ sef...don't really know why I leave it installed on my phone...

Although you'll agree that there are significant improvements in their new hangouts app.... It's already very similar to Whatsapp as it is...it can do everything that Whatsapp does... And Quite frankly it has more features than Whatsapp

All this tech giants trying to swallow new setups, businesses of interest etc etc etc
They all want to monopolies our tech lives.
NB: The beauty with Google is, it's free for (now).
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
hopefully something new and different will be part of this.cos i don't want to see a whatsapp clone
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by StealthyMe(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
This might just force WhatsApp to review its 1year free service policy...
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by Lordseyad(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
I dnt knw if you guys saw the "2105" i saw in the post.

2 Likes

Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lordseyad: I dnt knw if you guys saw the "2105" i saw in the post.
Lol, I just ignore it as a typo

They should just buy Telegram instead of bringing something new.

Ello is over there really confused about how to kill Facebook
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by brightnelly(f): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
2105 ABI? OK NAA!!! 2105 ABI? OK NAA!!! 2105 ABI? OK NAA!!!
Re: Google Is Working On Its Mobile Chat App To Rival Whatsapp by sniperwolf(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Despite the traffic in Android OS, Google's Hangout is still a failure. WhatsApp is stronger than what most of us think. I thought maybe with the introduction of BBM across various platforms the app would be extinct, but it's still growing strong.
I feel sorry for BBM not WhatsApp. They are far beyond Google's reach

(1) (Reply)

MTN Zone Back To Normal / It's Not Just You: Twitter Is Having Issues (UPDATED) (FIXED) / Glo Scammed Me Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.