Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) (11056 Views)

Boko Haram Beheads 23 People And Sets Homes On Fire In Borno / Davido Acquires A New Private Jet (see Pics) / Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by LilNetty(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Source: www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-beheads-pilot-of-shot-down-jet/

A new Boko Haram video shows the beheading of a man identified as the pilot of a missing Nigerian Air Force jet and burnt out parts of a plane — the first indication that Nigeria’s homegrown Islamic extremist group has the capability to bring down aircraft.
It also allegedly features Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, a man Nigeria’s military twice has claimed to kill in 2009 and again last year. Two weeks ago the military said they had killed in battle a Shekau lookalike who had posed in the group’s videos.
“Here I am, alive and I will remain alive until the day Allah takes away my breath,” the man says in the Hausa language. “Even if you kill me … it will not stop us imposing Islamic rule … We are still in our Islamic state, reigning and teaching the Koran.”
The United States still has a $7 million ransom on Shekau’s head, despite the death claims.
The video was made available to The Associated Press through the same channels used previously and seems to show the same man claiming to be Shekau.
In the latest video, he says they are prosecuting in accordance with Shariah law in areas under their control. Examples of punishments are shown, including the stoning death of a man apparently accused of adultery; the amputation of the hand of a young man accused of theft; the lashings of a man and what appears to be a girl covered in the hijab.
The video ends with a show of burnt out plane parts in rugged bush.
Two pilots and an Alpha jet have been missing since Sept. 11 when it left the northeastern town of Yola on a bombing mission against Boko Haram.
The video shows a kneeling man in a camouflage vest with his right hand in a sling, with a fighter hovering over him with an axe, which is later used in the beheading.
Speaking in English, the victim identifies himself as a wing commander in the Nigerian Air Force and says he was undertaking a mission in Kauri area of northeast Borno state on Sept. 11.
“We were shot down and our aircraft crashed,” he says, appearing to keep his composure throughout the ordeal. “To this day I don’t know the whereabouts of my second pilot.”
Shekau claims in the video to have brought down 10 military aircraft.
Nigeria’s Defense Headquarters has denied speculation that Boko Haram brought down a helicopter gunship that crashed in August. The pilot died, two crew members survived.

1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by ajoskele(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
God Bless Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by donphilopus: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
ajoskele: God Bless Nigeria!!

Why?!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by psalmizt(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
I still don't get why victims of beheadings stay still for the camera while their abductors behead them... Gosh they are going to kill you anyways so why make it easy on them? I may not be making sense with this rhetorical question but I am sick and tired of seeing scenes of "willful beheadings"... Yes that's what I call it. You are a military man and get caught by Boko, ofcourse you know what their intention is, why make it easy on them and make them score yet another cheap score in the propaganda war? Gobsmacked!!!!

24 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by nduchucks: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Have millitary officials confirmed that the man in the so-called video is our Pilot?

May Allah severely punish all those stealing funds meant to buy superior equipment and who sentence our great soldiers, who dared to protest, to death.

If true, dear hero of ours, fallen Pilot, May your gracious soul RIP

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Tolexander: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
to copy this tune, press 1!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Tolexander: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
psalmizt: I still don't get why victims of beheadings stay still for the camera while their abductors behead them... Gosh they are going to kill you anyways so why make it easy on them? I may not be making sense with this rhetorical question but I am sick and tired of seeing scenes of "willful beheadings"... Yes that's what I call it. You are a military man and get caught by Boko, ofcourse you know what their intention is, why make it easy on them and make them score yet another cheap score in the propaganda war? Gobsmacked!!!!
may you not experience this kind of situation!

If you understood what it is to be captured, you wouldn't post this.

22 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by masseratti: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
nduchucks: Have millitary officials confirmed that the man in the so-called video is our Pilot?

May Allah severely punish all those stealing funds meant to buy superior equipment and who sentence our great soldiers, who dared to protest, to death.

Amen my brother,adontiya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Civory(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
Are there more than one Shekau in boko haram that the Nigeria military is finding it difficult to end boko haram menace to society?!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
I really don't know what to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by peteregwu(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
nduchucks: Have millitary officials confirmed that the man in the so-called video is our Pilot?

"May Allah severely punish all those stealing funds meant to buy superior equipment and who sentence our great soldiers, who dared to protest, to death."

Pls save us the curses!!!! Allah does not curse or punish such people, rather he loves and encourages it. You maybe thinking the people doing all these killings are stupid, they are not stupid. They are doing what Allah told them to do. By so doing their claim is that they will die and be giving many virgins in paradise.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Samueldo(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tolexander: may you not experience this kind of situation!

Forget my brother they are going to kill him anyway, he should have curse them and make them know they will pay for what they are doing by this they will not release the video but if they do.then the late pilot action will give the remaining troops high moral to deal with this useless insurgents.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jesus..Their time is up
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by ROCKJ1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
I am tired of all these senseless killings.
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by IdomaLikita: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lawdy Lawd!
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by mainheart(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
God pls forgive us for our wrong doing

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by o42austino(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
RIP great Pilot

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Tolexander: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Samueldo:

Forget my brother they are going to kill him anyway, he should have curse them and make them know they will pay for what they are doing by this they will not release the video but if they do.then the late pilot action will give the remaining troops high moral to deal with this useless insurgents.
pls! I'm sorry, how old are you?

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Rich4god(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tolexander: may you not experience this kind of situation!

Guy, I undastand what he is trying to say... The worst thing that will happen is death... And they are about killing you... So why make it easy for them. But no one knws what the terrorist must have done to them for them to remain calm....

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Rich4god(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
am so tired of hearing abt BH menance... What the hell is keeping the FG from ending this menance...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by peteregwu(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Rich4god: Guy, I undastand what he is trying to say... The worst thing that will happen is death... And they are about killing you... So why make it easy for them. But no one knws what the terrorist must have done to them for them to remain calm....

Ebi like say you don dey watch oo much Jackie chan or commando movie. That is not home video pls. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Henrypraise: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Amongst all d pple hu commented on d supposed video/ pix of killing shekau impostor, sum one said, d alive shekau had no hair on his chest but d supposedly dead shekau had a forest of hair on his chest.

It is apparent dat d war is a mind game/ media game, d nigerian military shud stop informin d public 4 now, if de ar not sure of dia facts, de shud hold bak dia story. We need truth not dis mind game BH n NA ar playin on nigerians.

D NA will accost n crush any BH shekau or APCau.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Obinoscopy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
I'm wondering why we are not meting out a fast and efficient justice on the boko haram members in our prisons. If boko haram can mete out justice so fast on this valiant soldier this quick, then we can too.

We shouldn't try the boko haram prisoners in civil courts. No. Rather a special tribunal court created by the military should try them. Our prisons are no longer safe with these boko haram guys within it. It's better some of the hardened ones be sent to their graves via capital punishment to decongest the place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
These untamed cows have started copying ISIS cry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Samueldo:

They will simply torture him and re-shoot another video

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by Obinoscopy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Shekau is dead and the remaining diehards are becoming more desperate and gruesome. I hope they will be rounded up sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
too bad RIP
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by overhypedsteve(m): 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
that should be more like God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by DONGOYARO1: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Expect the DHQ to tell us another lie. Expect them to tell us that the person beheaded in this video isnt the pilot of the airforce fighter jet that was shot down by the Haramite. Expect them to tell us that the pilot was cloned and he isnt the real person

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by overhypedsteve(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2014

don't know about that but that sure is our alpha jet and airforce Rondel on it.
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by ednut1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
general olukolade come and lie again oo
Re: Boko Haram Beheads Pilot Of Shot-down Jet (see Photo) by DONGOYARO1: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
ednut1: general olukoLIEde come and lie again oo
FIXED

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Speaks On His Nomination As PDP Governoship Flag Bearer In 2019 / MURIC Warns FG Of Fuel Scarcity Masterminds, Looming Labour Strike / Power Ministry Budgets N168million For Fuel, Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.