Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Sophia's Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sophia's Story (1148 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sophia's Story by Pricelessfina(f): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
This story is pure fiction and it happens to be my first story here in Narialand.
Your criticisms are highly welcomed. #happy reading#
Re: Sophia's Story by Crowny1(f): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Following
Re: Sophia's Story by Ephhay(f): 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Waitin 4 d story.
Re: Sophia's Story by Vickthoriah(f): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Waitin...
Re: Sophia's Story by Pricelessfina(f): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
CAHPTER ONE

"Hey sophia, you are stained at the rear" a friend shouted from behind as i stood up to give my offering at the church.
A stain on my cloth? I thought as i turned to cheek if i really was stained and yes i was stained by my menstrual flow. I felt really embarrased as people were already starring the living hell out of me.
I was 16 yrs old nd was in my senior secondary school 3 class, thats the last class in high school. All my classmates were already seeing their menstrual periods but i was excluded. Of course i was the smallest girl in my class with the least age.
They teased me a lot nd made fun of me because i was yet to see my menstrual period; i prayed nd hoped i would see it because the teasing was too much.
So, nine days after my 16th birthday, i was stained at the church. I quickly sat down nd oh my gosh! People were still staring at me.
I immediately borrowed a sweater from my friend, Thelma nd tied it around my waist, covering the stain as i patiently waited for the mass to end.
I was happy but then was also embarrsed. I was happy because at last i wont be teased again by my classmates.
I really thanked God he wasnt around because it would have been more embarrasing. His name was David, my classmate nd the first guy to ask me for a relationship.
We were never friends though sometimes i usually caught him starring at me whenever we were in a class or at a gathering, and whenever our eyes met he looks away.
That was unusal, i had always thought i wasnt the kind of girl that can attract a guy's attention. No guy had ever told me that i was beautiful, so the fact that David was always starring at me really made me find it so ridiculous.
He was a 19yr old guy who was so outgoing with people, he wasnt anti-social at all though sometimes he appears to be so mean and serious.
I could vividly remember the day he asked me out, that was on a tuesday night after our evening prayers. As i was strolling down to the hostel, he stopped me by the way.
"hello sophia" he greeted with a smile on his face that made my heart stop beating at once. A smile that could sweep a girl off her feet. That was the first time he ever talked to me.
I really didnt know why i felt so nervous. He was looking too good to believe on his black skin-tight top, blue jeans and with a belt crested with a world champion buckle.
He had a nice pair of sandals nd black socks. It was obvious he wasnt wearing the recommended school uniform which was a blue shirt nd a brown trouser to match. David was good at going against the school rules and regulations, i wondered why he never got suspended from school.
"Hi" i managed to return his greeting at last. The scent of his perfume wafted to me, i couldnt guess the name of his perfume though.
He took a slow tour of my black sandals, and short blue gown which was just at knee-length. I had no makeup on my face and my hair was neatly brushed. When he had taken full stock of my appearance, he said, "you look better anytime i see you". He didnt know how unusual compliments like that were to me. I looked at him and he had a smile on his face that sent small shiver of delight running up and down my spine.
I tried calming myself down after all he didnt say i was pretty. "Ermm....thanks"i answered and kept my face downwards. I couldnt look at his face, i guessed he had no idea how that smile of his made my insides to mush.
"well, its okay. Can i see you this night, maybe 30mins before the nyt prep?" he requested, sliding his hands into his pockets as his eyes searched my face.
Thirty minutes before nyt prep? I asked myself what was it that he wanted to talk about. I continued wondering.

1 Like

Re: Sophia's Story by JoseWael(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nice write up. OK. We are waiting for the continuation.
Re: Sophia's Story by Ephhay(f): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Nyc 1 #still following

(1) (Reply)

Use 400 Naira To Make 3000-5000 Daily On Hotpay By Reading Stories / Ken Follet. / Ayebia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.