Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Hajj - 12/06/08 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj - 12/06/08 (1157 Views)

Hajj Stampede: Nigerian Survivor Narrates Ordeal / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Understanding The Hajj Stampede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj - 12/06/08 by Cayon(f): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2008
Hajj - "Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca that must be performed by every Muslim man and woman at least once in their lifetime. "

My brother mentioned this to me this morning.  He said going to Mecca is something he dream about. I told him he should attend even if I have to help him. (geeze, must admit its a lot of money)

Anyone from this forum ever attend?  If not, why? And if a person never attend - is it "unMuslim" like?  (i doubt it but am just asking to make sure)

Peace
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by zayhal(f): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2008
Hajj is compulsory for those who have the financial means (amogst other conditions) to go.
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by littleb(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cayon:

Hajj - "Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca that must be performed by every Muslim man and woman at least once in their lifetime. "

My brother mentioned this to me this morning.  He said going to Mecca is something he dream about. I told him he should attend even if I have to help him. (geeze, must admit its a lot of money)

Anyone from this forum ever attend?  If not, why? And if a person never attend - is it "unMuslim" like?  (i doubt it but am just asking to make sure)

Peace

Hajj is one of the five compulsory pillars of Islam, which every muslim must have intention of attending if Allah wills. Many on nairaland or elsewhere might not have attended due to individual constraints whether financial, medical or any other. As your brother is dreaming, so do I and I pray to be able to attend insha Allah before my last breath.

Thanks.
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by olabowale(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2008
@Cayon: Off topic question: Since your brother became a muslim, have you noticed any "personal improvement" in him? I mean how he behaves and interact with the whole family and people at large? He must be a better person, am sure. Showing a greater quality of human to human, and infact all creations relationship, kindness and a softer heart.

Do you find him a bettr brother now, or is he worse than before he became a muslim?
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by Cayon(f): 1:32am On Nov 11, 2008
nah, im born, bred and breathe Muslim (he is my brother by father side only)

Peace
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by olabowale(m): 2:25am On Nov 11, 2008
you didn't answer my questions. or maybe you did, but i missed it?
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by Cayon(f): 3:08am On Nov 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Cayon: Off topic question: Since your brother became a muslim, have you noticed any "personal improvement" in him? I mean how he behaves and interact with the whole family and people at large? He must be a better person, am sure. Showing a greater quality of human to human, and infact all creations relationship, kindness and a softer heart.

Do you find him a bettr brother now, or is he worse than before he became a muslim?

Sorry, yes he is much more humble than before. When he was staying with me - it was like him telling me what to do. Now, he listens to me and respect my opinions. In fact, we email each other. I think by me not respecting his cultrue (first time meeting him in person) was one of the "falling out" between us and I have grown to understand him now.

I am getting to understand him even more. Like my mum and I took some stuff to London and gave them to his family. At first i was not sure why he didn't want us to take the stuff to Nigeria ourselves since we a going there.

Don't get me wrong. he is NOT calling down Nigeria I am soo afraid to explain this to you b/c I don't want to come off offensive - and if i do please forgive me

like he was saying its not that he don't want us to know about his life style, living or his friends. Its more like if we go certian areas by ourselves - we may experience robbery, crime, maybe his friends/family may try to take advantage of us etc. So he'll prefer we do the tour through the travel agency (which we did)

IN a nut shell we're Kool cool

i hope i answer your question undecided
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by olabowale(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2008
@Cayon: I am not offended in the least. I was taking advantage of my Nigerians, in Nigeria, in America, and those who came here to do business with me, not knowing that they had fraud in mind, in the first place.

At least, you now believe that he is an improved man. I guess he was a born muslim. As I have said before, your father is more likely to be an Ijebu man from his family name, that you gave in much earlier post. I am an Ijebu man, too. And so is that dude named davidylan; lol. I think Seun by his Osewa last name must be Ijebu, too.

Ijebu is a yoruba subculture. Now, just imagine yourself as a muslim woman. Do you think you will be a better daughter, to your mom? An improved person in general? This is part of what is good about Islam; conscious improvement in behavior, morality, etc. One becomes more conscious of the Creator. One becomes more humble, with greater humility and humane.

If you see a muslim who is evil, he would have been more evil if he were not Muslim. If you see a non-muslim who is good, he will be beeter if he were a muslim.
Re: Hajj - 12/06/08 by Cayon(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2008
Glad you understand.

Maybe that's why I am cyber connected to you. Davidylan well i hope he read this and stop hating on me. Seun kiss

Anyway, this is my last posting. I am taking some time off and I not going to have laptop. Will be out for some time but will definitely be back

Since we both live in the Manhattan - hope one day we meet someday one day.

Take care and God bless

Peace

Well
olabowale:

And so is that dude named davidylan; lol. I think Seun by his Osewa last name must be Ijebu, too.

(1) (Reply)

Search For The Night Of Majesty (lailatul Qadr) Begins / Women Praying Infront Of You / Quran Is Incorruptible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.