Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

What You Should Know About world universities Web Rankings - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Should Know About world universities Web Rankings (703 Views)

Top 100 World Universities By Reputation – In Full / Here Are 10 Surprising Facts About World War One That You Probably Didn't Know. / Directory Of World Universities And Their Websites Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About world universities Web Rankings by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
It makes me sick that anytime i try to search for information about any university on nairaland, i get bombarded with web rankings and arguements between nairalanders about what university is better, eventuall, i get no good information about the university and i end up leaving this forum annoyed.What you all should know is that web rankings are just what they are called. WEB RANKINGS! the organisations that create these rankings rank the universities by what is posted onthe universities web page and not by what is being taught in the school, the organisation doesnt actually come to each of the universities tosee what they have or the methods used to teach the students. The organizations dont know about the graduates the universities have brought out, or their quality. and if your school appears very low on these lists, it probably because your school has a dead website compared to those that are top ranked.
this is also why covenant university and landmark university (which still new) have shot to the top. their staff know how the universities are ranked so they just do what has to be done
So to all of you people using 4icu.org or webometrics ranking to argue about university: STOP IT!
http://www.webometrics.info/en/Methodology
Re: What You Should Know About world universities Web Rankings by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Bro I think the web ranking parameters used is ok

if in 2014 a university online presence is still below average then that school is as good as dead

Op just advice your school to employ the latest technology to boost their rank/position
Re: What You Should Know About world universities Web Rankings by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
Bro I think the web ranking parameters used is ok

if in 2014 a university online presence is still below average then that school is as good as dead

Op just advice your school to employ the latest technology to boost their rank/position
i know that. i'm just saying that the list should be named best nigerian universities with the best websites not best universities in nigeria

(1) (Reply)

ENTER HERE For Any Kind Of Video Tutorials (step-by-step: Beginners & Advanced) / 100% NECO GCE Chemistry Answer Here / help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.