Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? (2318 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / How Should You Dispose Off Your Old Bibles Or Quran? / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please discuss with open mind, no name callings, no other subject, strictly discuss just base on the subject alone. The aunthenticity of both holy bible and Quran.

I believe Quran is the word of God not bible.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by darnley16(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Both of them arnt! Simple live your life, there's no hell or heaven, just do what is right and be true to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
OP, which god-- there are over 50 million gods?
And why do you believe in the Qur'an but not the bible, or Buddhist Sutras?

1 Like

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

Because it has nvr been changed or altered and there is only one Quran. Compared to the bible.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Because it has nvr been changed or altered and there is only one Quran. Compared to the bible.
There are different translations of the Qur'an (follow the link)

You still haven't told me the god you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

There are different translations of the Qur'an (follow the link)

You still haven't told me the god you're talking about.

Please do not misunderstood me, when. I am saying versions does not means translation. Even bible have different translation, originally was Hebrew,Aramaic and Greek. I accept that, we need these translations to understand what is written. Same goes to Quran we have Sahih international translation, yusuf ali and so on. Because we do not speak Aramaic, Greek, Hebrew or Arab.

Despite the translations, Quran is only one, we do not have different versions of Quran. But the bible have, many, with different numbers of books, and no Quran does not have different numbers of surahs .it all remains the same. If it is from God, how can there be different versions, did God decide that, oh for these group of people I shall not reveal this and that book from the bible, and these people I shall reveal all 80 books. And this group of my followers can only be reveals 66 books. But the Quran has only one version, and it has a total of 114 surahs unchanged.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:
Since I have told u I believe in the Quran, then it's the one and only God . Which most Muslims will refer asAllah, which is the Arabic term for God.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Please do not misunderstood me, when. I am saying versions does not means translation. Even bible have different translation, originally was Hebrew,Aramaic and Greek. I accept that, we need these translations to understand what is written. Same goes to Quran we have Sahih international translation, yusuf ali and so on. Because we do not speak Aramaic, Greek, Hebrew or Arab.
Ok then.

Despite the translations, Quran is only one, we do not have different versions of Quran. But the bible have, many, with different numbers of books, and no Quran does not have different numbers of surahs .it all remains the same. If it is from God, how can there be different versions, did God decide that, oh for these group of people I shall not reveal this and that book from the bible, and these people I shall reveal all 80 books. And this group of my followers can only be reveals 66 books. But the Quran has only one version, and it has a total of 114 surahs unchanged.
There are different "types" of the Bible because it was written in 4 different languages.
And the manuscripts were discovered at different times.
The Hebrew version was first and the people transcribing it understood Hebrew.
Also, some books were separated. Eg in the Hebrew Bible the book of Samuel is one big book, but it was divided into two-- Samuel 1 and 2. etc.
The Septuagint was written in Greek, and some scribes couldn't read Greek.
Later the Catholic Church combined all of them into the Bible you see today. They also removed some they thought to be forgeries/fakes.
At the time of the Reformation, Protestants decided that, because the additional books weren't in the Hebrew Bible, they shouldn't be in the Christian Bible, either (though they were included in early editions of the King James Bible). Catholics, at the Council of Trent (1546), decided to keep the "deutero-canonical" books.
Understand?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Since I have told u I believe in the Quran, then it's the one and only God . Which most Muslims will refer as Allah, which is the Arabic term for God.
I'm curious.
Why do you believe in Allah but not the other 50 million gods of the other religions?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Also, the various versions of the Qur'an are in Arabic.
Which violates one basic tenet of Islam:
No other book in the world can match the Qur'an ... The astonishing fact about this book of ALLAH is that it has remained unchanged, even to a dot, over the last fourteen hundred years. ... No variation of text can be found in it. You can check this for yourself by listening to the recitation of Muslims from different parts of the world.
( Basic Principles of Islam, p. 4)
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Since I have told u I believe in the Quran, then it's the one and only God . Which most Muslims will refer as Allah, which is the Arabic term for God.
I'm curious.
Why do you believe in Allah but not the other 50 million gods of the other religions?

3 Likes

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

I'm curious.

If u happen to have faith, maybe u would like to ask urself the same question.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
I would.also like to remind, that is not the topic I suggested, maybe u would like to start a new topic titled "who is your God and why?"
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

If u happen to have faith, maybe u would like to ask urself the same question.
I do not have faith at all.
Is faith your reason?
Do you choose to have faith in Allah and Al-Qur'an?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:
Ok then.

There are different "types" of the Bible because it was written in 4 different languages.
And the manuscripts were discovered at different times.
The Hebrew version was first and the people transcribing it understood Hebrew.
Also, some books were separated. Eg in the Hebrew Bible the book of Samuel is one big book, but it was divided into two-- Samuel 1 and 2. etc.
The Septuagint was written in Greek, and some scribes couldn't read Greek.
Later the Catholic Church combined all of them into the Bible you see today. They also removed some they thought to be forgeries/fakes.
At the time of the Reformation, Protestants decided that, because the additional books weren't in the Hebrew Bible, they shouldn't be in the Christian Bible, either (though they were included in early editions of the King James Bible). Catholics, at the Council of Trent (1546), decided to keep the "deutero-canonical" books.
Understand?

I'm sorry, I dont quite get it, what did they remove that was thought to be forgeries?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

I do not have faith at all.
Is faith your reason?
Do you choose to have faith in Allah and Al-Qur'an?

That's is not the topic . Like I said if u want to talk about that u should start ur own thread.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:
I would.also like to remind, that is not the topic I suggested, maybe u would like to start a new topic titled "who is your God and why?"
It is related.
I apologize.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

It is related.
I apologize.

No problem.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

I'm sorry, I dont quite get it, what did they remove that was thought to be forgeries?

And how can one decide which one add in which one to omit, if it's from God, u can't do that. It's just like editting God's word.

And even within the books, there are way too many contradictions, this boom contradict what the other books says, Isit a way of saying that God is unsure of what God wants to convey?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by debraleey: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Is this aimed at stirring up intolerance or what?.....when u know Christians will say Bible and Muslims will say Quran........just stick to urs n everyone else stick to their's........plus it doesn't make sense to post here that another religious book which is different from urs is not authentic cos dats wat u r saying in essence.....one thing leads to another......stay blessed! Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

In 325 AD, the emperor Constantine in conjunction with the bishops at the council of Nicea accepted the Gospels of; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as the only true gospels. In 382 AD the emperor Theodosius banned all gospels that had not been canonized. Christians were not permitted to read them and they were allegedly gathered up and destroyed as much as possible.

Consider this verse from the Gospel of Thomas:
the final saying Thomas contains:
"Simon Peter said to them, ‘Make Mary leave us, for females don’t deserve life.’ Jesus said, ‘Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven’"
(Thomas 114)
Does this sound like something Prophet Isa would say?

7 ¶ Another time Jesus went forth into the street, and a boy running by, rushed upon his shoulder;
8 At which Jesus being angry, said to him, thou shalt go no farther.
9 And he instantly fell down dead:
10 Which when some persons saw, they said, Where was this boy born, that everything which he says presently cometh to pass?
11 Then the parents of the dead buy going to Joseph complained, saying, You are not fit to live with us, in our city, having such a boy as that:
12 Either teach him that he bless and not curse, or else depart hence with him, for he kills our children.
-- Infancy Gospel of Thomas
Would Prophet Isa do this?
This is the list of gnostic gospels
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
debraleey:
Is this aimed at stirring up intolerance or what?.....when u know Christians will say Bible and Muslims will say Quran........just stick to urs n everyone else stick to their's........plus it doesn't make sense to post here that another religious book which is different from urs is not authentic cos dats wat u r saying in essence.....one thing leads to another......stay blessed! Shalom!

Intolerance is only when one cannot be open and be free with others and their differences. Growing up in a multi racial and multi religious society have brought me up as a person with a fairly good level of tolerance, being married to a Christian and live in a mixed religions family also shows I have tolerance, and appreciates others than is able to do so too. we also constantly seek the truth, and since Jews Christians and islam really had the same beginning, it is only normal to have discussions about it. That is also why, this site have 'religion' as a default subject o be to start a topic on. Peace be upon you.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

In 325 AD, the emperor Constantine in conjunction with the bishops at the council of Nicea accepted the Gospels of; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as the only true gospels. In 382 AD the emperor Theodosius banned all gospels that had not been canonized. Christians were not permitted to read them and they were allegedly gathered up and destroyed as much as possible.

(Thomas 114)

I am in awe of your knowledge in the bible, when ur not a Christian . Which one you have more knowledge on Quran or bible?

I am also confused , with the contradictions that is within the bible itself. It would be nice to have a Christian brother or sister to explain this to me. But since u have knowledge in it, u may also give it explanation.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by TunjiMsp: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
The Quran because it's undiluted, contains no human error, contradiction and it's not written base on human opinion or imagination

1 Like

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by TunjiMsp: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
The one that created heaven, earth and you ingrate living in it
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

And how can one decide which one add in which one to omit, if it's from God, u can't do that. It's just like editting God's word.
Unlike the Qur'an, the Bible wasn't written by one person, and wasn't written together ie it was written at various times. If you see a Qur'an claiming prophet Muhammad raped someone would you believe it?

And even within the books, there are way too many contradictions, this boom contradict what the other books says, Isit a way of saying that God is unsure of what God wants to convey?
There are [url=http://carm.org/ contradictions - quran]contradictions in the Qur'an[/url] too.
There are contradictions in ALL religious books..

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by salinakrogh: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:
Unlike the Qur'an, the Bible wasn't written by one person, and wasn't written together ie it was written at various times. If you see a Qur'an claiming prophet Muhammad raped someone would you believe it?

There are [url=http://carm.org/ contradictions - quran]contradictions in the Qur'an[/url] too.
There are contradictions in ALL religious books..

It's interesting that u claim there are contradictions in the Quran. I have nvr came across one. And I could not locate in carm.

I know I may be asking too much, but if u could please please, just give me one contradiction within the surahs in the Quran.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

I am in awe of your knowledge in the bible, when ur not a Christian . Which one you have more knowledge on Quran or bible?

I am also confused , with the contradictions that is within the bible itself. It would be nice to have a Christian brother or sister to explain this to me. But since u have knowledge in it, u may also give it explanation.
I was once a Catholic priest .
I have read the Qur'an too.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
darnley16:
Both of them arnt! Simple live your life, there's no hell or heaven, just do what is right and be true to yourself

Great!And that is how evolution of the mind works by thinking for one's self, making mistakes and learning.
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
salinakrogh:

Since I have told u I believe in the Quran, then it's the one and only God . Which most Muslims will refer asAllah, which is the Arabic term for God.

Are you an Arab?
Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Apatheist:

(Thomas 114)

I have the book of Thomas in my Library. you are on point!

Re: Which One Is The Word Of God, Bible or Quran? by kevoh(m): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sodomy In Islamic Paradise / If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil / The Main Thing In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.