Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! (7921 Views)

Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript / Where Are The Actionscript Gurus In The House / Looking For Help With Actionscript In Flash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2008
cc
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2008
@micha3l

Yep, friendsofed books is one of my favorite collections on my office bookshelf.

Let's some fun flashing here!
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by smartb: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
Please I don't even know anything about programming plz who can help me as to teach me plz reply to my e-mail smartbusiness1st@yahoo.in sad
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by quadrillio(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
@michal

am back

what I really wanted was a scenario where I can jump to a particular track, base a d friend friend selected.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2008
@ quadrillio,

glad

u havent said what u have on ground already,  but if u want to  jump to a particluar song, twill be gud to gave a playlist,  u can use a datagrid for that and then populate it with the songs already in a folder using an xml file. interaction with the cell in the datagrid then datagrid then plays the respective song,
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
uspry1:

I use Flash CS3 built-in slideshow to build a Flash slideshow banner AD for my client's forum site  dynamically. It loads external files with preloader: FLV, mp3, and pictures displaying on Flash slideshow banner AD.(39 files running with play-pause button inside .swf file)

Then it converted from .swf to .mpeg for youtube video per client request.  It works! My client is happy. My client does not want this Flash slideshow banner Ad link displaying on NL fashion section as i respected my client's wish.

I will add another my hosting subdomain (demo.mydomain.com) to display demo Flash Slideshow banner AD i created separately from my client's existing site coming soon.

I changed my mind to add my hosted subdomain to display Flash Slideshow banner AD. Here is my snapshot with crossed out my client's company name. This is Flash slideshow from Flash CS3 XML-based template I choose to modify client's preferred color and images to be coded in XML file to point out all images for loading. Also change in Flash Actionscript on action (F9) to make corrected xmlURL point to.

After done my created Flash slideshow banner AD, it converted into .wmv or .mpeg for youtube video the client can upload there to display video advertisement. Someday in the near future youtube video will accept .FLV to be uploaded without any problem.

Right now youtube video uploader on youtube site itself is AUTOMATICALLY CONVERTED to .FLV, it will lose picture and audio quality if someone upload .FLV file to youtube video site.

Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Omoosedabi: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Poster i dont knw a tin bout flash were can i start 4rm al i knw in webdesign na html,javascript n magic buton pls help
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2008
@ Omoosedabi

hi, ts gud to have u here anywaz,
google Adobe Flash first, if ur still interested, holla back
smiley
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2008
Is anyone in Flash AS3 familiarize with Flash remoting classes to build mini Flash message board/forum? I already have Flash remoting/PHP mini-shopping cart to work on now.

Last weekend, I downloaded an old AS1 Flash remoting/PHP Message Board from my friendsofed book/downloads that i tried to convert into AS2/3, it prompted an error: FILE NOT FOUND, 'NetService.as' and 'DataClass.as'. The Message board folder/file does not have those missing files include.

Keep your mind that this file is discontinued source because of AS1. The author of Message Board is now on the pending of building AS3 Flash remoting Message Board coming soon---NOT INTERESTED IN BUILDING MYSQL/PHP Message Board. I cannot wait that long, i want NOW NOW NOW!!! I ain't purchase commercial AS3 Message board now for my personal reason.

I have no idea what 'NetService.as' and 'DataClass.as' look like. AAAAGGGGRRRRHHH!!!!

Right now i am studying to code Flash remoting mini-shopping cart with the PayPal integration from new book: AS3 Flash & PHP. Once mini-shopping cart is succeeded, then i will try re-designing old AS1 Flash remoting/PHP message board to get the idea how it works in AS3.

I already installed AMFPHP with its own debugging browser on my system. I would appreciate if anyone found the links (other than Adobe.com and amfphp.com) i have been looking for via google search for three days. AAAAGGGRRRHHH!!! Not easy!!!
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2008
@ uspry1

how does 1 put AS3 and PHP in the same head, dont wanna find out, lol

im for the graphics
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2008
micha3l:

@ uspry1

how does 1 put  AS3 and PHP in the same head,  don't want to find out, lol

I'm for the graphics

shocked

@micha3l

I mostly build a Flash website that employs actions/behaviors resulting in PHP, XML, Javascript and Flash Actionscript on the fly.

Mentioned above picture of building my Flash slideshow AD banner is a XML-BASED data parsing the 37 text descriptions and images displaying on the empty movie clip that contains a Loader component and dynamic textfield to parse XML data using Flash actionscript (actions, F9) into the movie clip on the Flash stage in the first frame.

My existing website I created is a FLASH-BASED INTERACTIVITY with both XML and PHP parsing for portfolio section (XML data) and contact us section (PHP email form data).

Now i work on Flash mini-shopping cart with PayPal integration is also AMFPHP remoting parsing to load the following:

[list]
[li]storeItem class[/li]
[li]shoppingCartItem class[/li]
[li]storeCart class[/li]
[li]user login component[/li]
[li]external PHP files as well as javascript, CSS, and XML files[/li]
[/list]

I am for web development(to incorporate PHP, XML, MySQL, Flash Actionscript, Javascript, and HTML into website dynamically), graphic design (create page layout, navigation buttons, special font that are not standard Windows font, and logo),  web maintenance and web hosting reselling/domain name registration.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2008
cc
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2008
thought i'll add this - i call it Imagine,

a rotating crystal cubes thingi i did a while ago, its more than rotation though,
apart from the rotating part - its interactive as well ( focus etc), plus
each crystal instance is a container 4 an image from a database - and wud link to more info on the respective image - kinda
* its not bn used though - Sold that is

brings us to thing i always aim to achieve in flash -> aesthetics + Motion + Interaction + functionality

comments pls

Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Flexcubed: 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2008
uspry1:

@michal3l

I don't buy commercial Flash components as well as commercial pre-made Flash files that are created by someone else (Flash developers to sell) for me to create dynamic flash sites. Why should i wasted obtaining my Visual Communications bachelor degree I learned lot about Flash actionscripting, other web programmings including graphic design, color theory, design principles, etc for?

I rather use free pre-made/giveway raw Flash files from my registered membership of Flash-kit.com, actionscripts.org, flzone.com, and many other flash actionscript sites based on the advanced/professional Flash application developments books/e-books/online subscriptions I bought during schooling time in order to obtain my bachelor degree for US job requirements.

Do you know that your Flash CS3 has several built-in pre-made templates that is ready to use? Like AS3 slideshow template i used for my client when i cannot afford to buy PowerPoint-FLV converter or vice versa in order to upload their website or youtube video.

Go Google.com finding that there are so many free Flash actionscripting tutorials and giveaways that allow you to modify at your own for FREE from those Flash developers gave away useless Flash files.

Also clients who hired me for actionscripting/modification job that they already bought pre-made Flash files such as Flash-XML MP3 player, Flash-XML video player, Flash-XML banner rotator, Flash-XML image slideshow/gallery, etc. where they do not know nothing about how to populate XML, or/and PHP-MySQL code to be modified or added loading images, audio, video files to the pre-made Flash files. Even they did not know about the requirement of use Flash CS3 for modification. That's where I come in.

Also clients do not have Video-FLV converter or encoder software in order to import them to those pre-made Flash-XML video player.

Finally, you are very funny that i get the sleepless nights doing coding! Don't forget that i have 8 years web development experience know how to employ actions/behaviors resulting in Flash actionscript, PHP, XML, and MySQL using my FAVORITE FLASH COMPONENTS to populate external files, no problem. It takes 1-2 days depend on how many images/video/music files client send me via email file attachment or zipped or CD/DVD disc.

I always REUSED those customized Flash files i create for clients all the time. (resize, font/color/layout modification based on what client want---not me).

Interesting post. Let me say there are times you really need components. I run flexcubed.com and developed all the components there and even some for major flash components sites out there but I still spent over $400 buying animation components from jumpeye this year. Please visit their site and tell me how many months development time it will take you to come up with a textEffect component as that. Components today doesnt me lack of personalization, it simply means more functionality in lesser time. It doesnt mean you cant do it, it means it will take you longer.

Anyway great to have some nigerian AS guys, I develop on both flash and flex.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2008
@ Flexcubed,

hi

"more functionality in lesser time, " - true

will check out ur site k
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by mrperfect(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2008
I really appreciate you guys help to this very guy, I am happy that Nigerians are really doing great in technology field.
micha3l , you are really helpful, some guys out there would try to charge a fee before any such help whether small or big.
You would see a message that goes like this: "if you want to know about this email me, I will charge you a flat fee."
So man keep it!
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2008
cc
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by SkyPro: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2008
hey some one help me !

one of the layers in my flash 8 document aint showing in the movie, even though it shows very well in the timeline. and its not a guide layer. what do i do to correct this problem?
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by prodgalson: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2009
@micha3l

Nice one.  I've been an AS developer for about 11 years, back while it was still all "tell target" scripts in flash version 3

I work for Adobe now, as an RIA engineer, working extensively with AS3, MXML, and more recently, AIR desktop applications written in AS3.

reach me on ekz[a t]efficiencyarchitect.com

http://blogs.adobe.com/ekz
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by prodgalson: 9:21am On Jan 14, 2009
micha3l: have you looked at Adobe flex yet?
You should fully make the transition to a coder's development environment and build apps for flex and AIR
posted this response on Nairaland some time ago :
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133552.0.html#msg2261140
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by phoenix451: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2009
Hello everyone!

First of all I'd like to say that I'm still very new to Flash and AS3. And its become clear how difficult it is to find good help for beginners that isn't simply "copy this and it will work".
I've been reading blogs and forums for months now and this is the first one I feel comfortable posting to so far.

I'm currently working on 2 projects and have been running into some serious customization issues.

-The first is a photo gallery that I paid for. It was supposed to be in AS3 and in reality it was ripped from someone else and coded in AS2 sad so naturally the person I bought it from was no help. What I would like to do is re-code it in AS3 so that I can understand it better and keep its functionality. If there's anyone out there that knows enough about both AS2 and AS3 your help would be greatly appreciated.

-The second project I have is an mp3 player I created from a couple tutorials. It calls a play list from an Array and I would like to substitute that for an XML file. My biggest problem is that I haven't quite wrapped my brain around the whole Classes aspect of AS, and it uses 6 different .as files. So any help there would also be appreciated.

I have no problems sending my code or my entire .fla if it makes it easier to understand.

Thanks in advance for any interest you may have in helping me out.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2009
cc
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by prodgalson: 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
Great resources, RIA blog aggregator :
http://feeds.adobe.com/

micha3l : reach me via ikamanu[at]gmail.com
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by kinath: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
Micha3l,
I want to have fun too! However, using CS4 AS3 is bogging me down. I truly though want to learn it. I know NO programming lanquage so I think this will be a start. Thanks for being in this forum and having this thread. I hope to learn from you and your friends when we banter about different applications to do in flash.
thanks again, I will be monitoring!
-Kinath
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 9:05am On May 05, 2009
cc
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by kinath: 10:54am On May 05, 2009
thanks for the book tip! I have downloaded the free chapter and will most definitely read it! Your notebook app though has me puzzled? Guess I am just not a journal person. In other words, why would I keep a journal in flash?
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by GoodMuyis(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2009
Wow i see you guyz are well done in AS, more grease to you elbow.

Now here is the challenge:

i Know little on PHP an i want you guyz to help me with my project(cafee Billing software) what i need is just the client side

i you are interested men PM me
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 07, 2009
@GoodMuyis

hi, ur welcome
u wanna enlighten us more bout your project? cos im really wondering what role AS3'll play in developing a billing software
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by croj(m): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2009
Hello friends. If any of you wants to have your e-book shown on a website for free, then contact me         I want e-books on export and import, business, marketing or anything related.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by highestbid: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2010
How are you doing all, I will like to know if any of you guys know where I can learn actionscript as a biginners?
much love
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by flashguy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2010
@highestbid: I could teach you if you're serious about it
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by highestbid: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
@flashguy I am very serious about it I want to know from the basic to standard level so that I could design with it
If you can teach me I am ready learn.
Thanks
Much Love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Amazing Apps In The MTN Nextapp Store / Who Is A Programmer / I Don't Need Math

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.