Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript (2277 Views)

Need Help On Atm Application Using Console Application In Vb.net / Desktop Application Vs Web Application / How Can I Create An Embedded Database In A Desktop Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by technobayo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2011
Hello peops,
I'm a proficient adobe flash developer but my works have been limited to web and interactive presentation designs. Right now, I'd like to know if I could develop desktop applications which can be installed like a regular software similar to what obtains with java, vb etc. I'm very good at actionscript so I'd like to know if it's possible without having to pick up another language. Also, how secured can this applications be?
Do let me know of the possibilities and packages or tools I could leverage upon.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by Fayimora(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
Adobe AIR. Thats wat most AS desktop applications run on if not all. Download FlashBuilder4.5 and i could help you with ome resources! If you are good enough in AS and MXML then you should have any problem at all
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by technobayo(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2011
Okay bro Already downloaded. Please send over the resources. Just wondering, have you developed desktop applications using flash technology as I intend to? I can be reached on slickbayo@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by Fayimora(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2011
Ermmm am more of a "for fun" guy so i just learn. Nothing really of interest in flash/flex and AS .lol
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
as Fayimora said, Air is the way to go
if you are exporting too the air format, you will be able to use more methods that explores more on the client side.
AS3 is very cool but except you have a reason to, i will not recommend it for desktop. well if there is something you want to achieve with it, why not?

technobayo:

Okay bro Already downloaded. Please send over the resources. Just wondering, have you developed desktop applications using flash technology as I intend to? I can be reached on slickbayo@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks and God bless.
it's the same skill you need to apply from your proficiency in flash development.
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by lojik(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2011
Adobe air requires the adobe air runtime to be installed on the client's system b4 ur application can work.
I use zinc. it has so many features and can package for windows, mac and linux. Its very cool and does not require any runtime.

See Zinc at http://www.multidmedia.com
Re: Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
Zinc is crazy man!

(1) (Reply)

Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories / I Study Computer Sciences In A Finnish University. Ask Me Anything / Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.